Dreaming of the farm...

90 Tauren Death Knight
They seriously need to reduce the Occupied Soil frequency. Seriously.

Yesterday, I picked my crops and from one half of my field (8 crops), I had:

5 Occupied Soil (WTF!?)
2 Weeds
1 Untilled Soil

When I FINALLY dealt with all of that mess, I planted 8 new crops and they had:

3 Alluring Crops (sigh....)
2 Wiggling Crops (seriously!?)
1 Tentacle Vine
1 Tangled Crop
1 Infested Crop

So I wound up having to fight 10 mobs to plant 8 crops.

The other 8 I had to fight _another_ 4; two occupied, one bird and one wiggling. Oh, and three tentacles too.

This gets ridiculous on some days.

Also, since we can't loot the mobs, could we see a nerf in the mobs' health? Why not make them 118k "trash" mobs instead of 393k mobs if we can't loot them? It is kinda silly that some stupid pest has just as much health as a mogu warrior in VotEB.
Edited by Lohfal on 12/19/2012 5:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
12/19/2012 12:53 PMPosted by Crithto
perhaps we can consider allowing more crops to randomly grow without any obstacles or challenges, especially after you’ve proven your farming savvy.

I can't even tell you how happy I'd be if I planted a carrot and it was just a carrot.

OP, my dream for the farm is for the master plow to till any form of untilled soil, including weeds and occupied soil, with a satisfying death-squeak from the virmen the plow just mulched.

Edit: Blue, I have one other dream for the farm. I'd like to have the friendly chickens back so they're not constantly dead or dropping dead on my farm. I mean, it's not like they're pets that we had to put effort into getting or anything... /sarcasm.
Edited by Vacant on 12/19/2012 5:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warrior
http://mysticalos.com/images/MoP/farm_pests.jpg

honestly, i'd prefer tentacle weeds to, this.

I've seen a screenshot of all sixteen plots flagged Alluring.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin

That has to have been a deliberate setup, leaving occupied soil and wiggling or alluring crops alone until he has a full farm. . .

Doesn't it?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight

That has to have been a deliberate setup, leaving occupied soil and wiggling or alluring crops alone until he has a full farm. . .

Doesn't it?

Sadly, no.

Read my post above where I've fought 10 mobs in 8 crops.

It might be rare, but I don't doubt for a second that some people even unluckier than I have had it happen.

This is why anytime this subject comes up, I'm quick to point out we need HARD LIMITS on these things...

No More than 2 Occupied, 2 Alluring, 2 Wiggling and 2 Wild per day.
Edited by Lohfal on 12/19/2012 5:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
I would like to have the option, to have my best friends go home sometimes. i mean nobody stays forever. I only have one i ever invited and he's the only one who will be invited. I guess that makes me antisocial, lol.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
12/19/2012 01:13 PMPosted by Zupan
I would love it if I could manage my farm via armory.

Huh. That does give me an idea. Not sure if I like the idea yet or not, but... What if we could pay an NPC to plant our farm for us? Not sure what the payment would be. Probably should be more than gold, because gold is meaningless to some players. Maybe Ironpaw tokens, or a number of cooked items, or maybe even some sort of rare world drop coupon good for one free harvest and planting by an NPC.

Some days it would be so nice to not have to deal with the farm, especially when you have lots f alts.
Reply Quote
12 Blood Elf Priest
Dogs don't do much in a vegetable farm anyway. The only time when I see dogs being useful in farms it to keep people out, and also as sheep dogs in Australia and New Zealand.

You must be a city-paw. Dogs are invaluable for vegetable farms because they reduce the populations of and chase away larger pests and rodents, such as deer and rabbits in the same way that cats keep away the smaller pests, such as mice and rats. There's a reason that various forms of canine urine is one of the main ingredients in many types of anti-deer & rabbit spray (some use other predators, such as large cats). Even the *smell* of a dog keeps the critters away. Having an actual dog (that barks and chases) helps immensely in keeping deer out of your garden.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
12/19/2012 05:54 PMPosted by Lohfal
It might be rare, but I don't doubt for a second that some people even unluckier than I have had it happen.

Last week, after harvesting, one of my alts had ten occupied soils out of sixteen plots. At that point, there's just nothing at all fun about it.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Everybody knows you can't really farm until you sell your soul to Monsatan... I mean Monsanto.

>_>

I think I love you, i really do.

To be serious though, I love the farm and while the vermin and birds are annoying as hell it is still an enjoyable calming part of my everyday WoW time.

I really hope that they expand on it.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
12/19/2012 12:58 PMPosted by Snowfox
If you decide to help us a little there.. then please give us a tool for the tentacle weeds.

This oh this.. I get Weed-B-Gone in that daily.. Not a stretch blizz... and if not I am going to bribe the gnomes to come up with some weed whacking robot..
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Give us an item to buy from Gina that's like a pair of cowboy boots. We put them on and we can just punt virmen off the farm instead of having to fight them.

Why not? It would still take a bit of time and effort to deal with each virmen, just not as much. But, at exalted with Tillers, why shouldn't dealing with virmen take a bit less time? It's not like we didn't put in the time and effort. Best of all, dealing with virmen would go from annoying to fun and hilarious.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
All I've seen about the farmville in this game is complaints....hence why I stay as far away as possible from it. Seemed like a good idea at the time yet who ever executed it just did a piss poor job of it.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
You know what? Some garden gnomes would be nice.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
12/19/2012 06:23 PMPosted by Metastomp
All I've seen about the farmville in this game is complaints....hence why I stay as far away as possible from it. Seemed like a good idea at the time yet who ever executed it just did a piss poor job of it.

You haven't seen much then. People generally love and enjoy this feature. But it's been like 3 months since xpac and people are just making suggestions for improvement.

It's fine as is but it would be nice to get this or that and hope Blizz keeps the farming on the front burners because most players think it's one of the highlights of this great xpac.
Reply Quote
24 Night Elf Priest
Blizz mentioned improvements before for the farm. I'm looking forward to seeing what they do. Chicken eggs, a special fishing quest when that drunk fish guy is in the farm pond, maybe a chance to plant a fruit tree that, once you find the recipe, lets you brew up some apple juice that will blow a dwarf's socks off.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I think wisps, peons, and peasants should tend the farm once you're established, in keeping with the original games.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
Yeah a pantry in the hut would be grreat, even better if it was like a small account bound bank so your alts could share all the food stuff you got stored in there.

I would be happy if they simply added "normally growing crop" in the outcome table along with the weeds, birds, vermin,runts, encroached and parched, so you would maybe get 3 or 4 with nothing wrong with them
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]