Dreaming of the farm...

100 Blood Elf Death Knight
I'm hoping that Halfhill, and my farm, be razed to the ground during a Scorched Earth campaign by the Horde or the Alliance.

Seriously, the farm was fun at first (now it's just farming Motes of Harmony every day), but there's supposed to be this mighty war going on that is/will engulf all of Pandaria. Kinda hard to believe that when we're all standing around the Halfhill Market cooking food and buying seeds.

Edit - And there is nothing I hate more than Occupied Soil and Wiggling/Alluring crops. They instantly put me in a bad mood. The tentacles are getting out of hand too. I know, I know - nothing is ever "easy", but man those things get so annoying.
Edited by Erondy on 12/20/2012 9:11 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
I love farming. I do it on four toons every day. I'm glad you're going to be retuning the farm.

12/19/2012 10:47 PMPosted by Allumei
Please increase the cd on Vine Smash ability, so it doesn't trigger while my counter is still on cd. I find it annoying to get smashed in the face while I'm spamming a button that's doing nothing.

The wild plants are the most difficult part of farming. Either please give us some easier way of dealing with them (weed-b-gone) or at least adjust the PC/NPC cooldowns so ours is off cooldown every time we need it.

I don't mind having to do a little something to tend each crop after it's been planted, but once we're exalted, it would be great to have less/no occupied soil. Well, if those vermin gain a loot table... I'd still rather not have to deal with them, but it would help.

Also, adding my vote to the dog helping to fight vermin and the scarecrow helping with alluring. This could either be some kind of buff, actually helping fight, or they'll scare off one of each type?

I was disappointed that the food bag was BoP and not BoA. That defeats its purpose for me, so lets get a pantry that is shared between all of your toons on the farm. That's my dream.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

While some of this has to do with tuning, we are considering some improvements to the farm and in this area. We might need to adjust the numbers a bit to reduce, say, Alluring over time. But we do want to make you feel that you need to tend to things regularly, even if you become more efficient in handling it. Though, perhaps we can consider allowing more crops to randomly grow without any obstacles or challenges, especially after you’ve proven your farming savvy.

I can only speak for myself here, but I don't mind going to the farm each day. The harvesting is fine, the plowing is fine, the planting is fine... it's all the fighting stuff after the planting that can be less than optimally fun.

The sprinklers & pest tools - are great. The runty, stretchy vine, and simple weed - are fine too. It's the tentacle and the vermin that tend to be annoying. On my DK I aoe down all the vermin at once, on my priest it's more bothersome.

Either way though, the tentacle has to be the worst one. 11111112111111112 (and repeat).

If you decide to help us a little there.. then please give us a tool for the tentacle weeds.

You just read my mind. I love you. I hate the tentacles with passion.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
Is there really a logical reason that the vermin and plainshawks have to have 393K health? The Hozen rock flayers don't have 393K, and you hot fixed them to not drop Motes of harmony anymore. These farm pests don't drop anything or give xp since most people doing these daily are 90 already. There just doesn't seem any reason why they have to have 393K health.

It's ridiculous. And I agree, the rate at which the seem to come up is unnecessary. I shouldn't have to kill 4 or 5 mobs that gain me nothing, for each farm I plant.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I just want to say that the Master Plow is awesome. Would be nice if we can upgrade that with valor to Ultra level which will plow all 16 plots at once.

/dream

And yes to all the good ideas in here...even all of them may make it *too good*. Some kind of Lesser Tiller Token drop from the mobs that can be combined (like say 90 of them) into 3 regular tokens would be nice. >_>

A private hearth spot would be perfect. Just need a bed crammed into that cabin.

Farm tractor mount once you get to Best Friends with all of the farmers.
It would also serve as the plow all 16 plots at once tool.

Who doesn't want to ride around on a big farm tractor?
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Priest
12/19/2012 12:56 PMPosted by Sweetpeaz
This would be a welcome change that I would appreciate very much.
YES!!!!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/20/2012 02:25 AMPosted by Lakhesís
While some of this has to do with tuning, we are considering some improvements to the farm and in this area. We might need to adjust the numbers a bit to reduce, say, Alluring over time. But we do want to make you feel that you need to tend to things regularly, even if you become more efficient in handling it. Though, perhaps we can consider allowing more crops to randomly grow without any obstacles or challenges, especially after you’ve proven your farming savvy.

nvm the alluring, I'd like a way to get rid of the tentacles.

A 1s cast time is stretching the boundaries of what it's physically possible to react to if you're Oceanic (e.g. a mildly fluctuating ~300ms - and my impression is that it's started server side rather than client side, so multiply that by two & add human reaction time).

The timing of the thumping is semi-predictable, and your odds of interrupting it are better if you guess rather than actually interrupt in a normal, reactive manner.

Personally I've prettymuch given it up as too annoying & simply spam the first button more rather than playing a portion of the game that clearly wasn't designed to work at over 150ms.

My World lag is usually in the 265-350 range and I have no problem hitting 2 to stop from getting thumped.
And I am old and slow to react.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
yes, yes, and yes!!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
12/19/2012 12:53 PMPosted by Crithto
perhaps we can consider allowing more crops to randomly grow without any obstacles or challenges, especially after you’ve proven your farming savvy.

This would be so nice...

I'd like it if my farm became an inn-type resting place. Especially after one of my BFFs furnishes it and cleans it all up and makes it so nice and homey...

I'd like to be able to hearth there and have the instant log out as if it were an inn.

However, I can see not allowing this UNTIL the BFF farm furnishing upgrade, and being something that each alt had to earn by getting BFF with the right person ... (I can't remember who does this.)

After all, if an alt isn't going to farm, then they can just stay at Halfhill Inn. Or the Shrine. Or something.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
go all out Blizzard, make it just like farm ville, and I'm not joking, as much as it sounds like a sell out or what ever, if it works. DO IT. the haters are 14 yes old kids that like to !@#$% about everything. shut them out and talk to Vanilla, we have been here for 8 years, give us what we want please. As a long time player I do want housing. we want this more then anything, thanks.

Bump up your game my friends, a good thing can last only so long!
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
It'd just be nice if less crops had these conditions to them. I stopped growing stuff on a regular basis since it' basically became just too annoying for me tbh to deal with frequently.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
One thing everyone is missing here is that every farmer shares the same animals and Yoon on their farm. When you see your dog on your farm he's doing the same thing or sitting in the exact same spot on everyone's farm. Basically, there is only one dog, cat, pig, etc. and it's just your rep level and completed quests that allow you to see it.

I discovered this when Blizz (maddeningly) replaced most of our friendly chickens from Hillpaw with neutral White Chicken critters. Kept noticing that they'd drop dead for no reason. Turns out some other player killed the chickens on their farm so the chickens on every farm died, because there really is just one group of chickens. (I wish they'd fix this. I don't like my chickens dying).

The reason I bring this up is because this current design makes it pretty much impossible to have the farm animals help fight. If the dog came running over to help, he'd be seen doing it on every other player's farm. And how can the dog help you if other farmers need help on their farms too.

When it comes to the farm animals, best we can hope for is some sort of passive buff for unlocking them on our farm. Maybe completing the dog quest so that we can see the dog on our farm could reduce the chance for virmen to show up, for example. Maybe having the sheep unlocked could slightly increase the cloth drops from the cacti. Various things like that.
Reply Quote
32 Troll Rogue
12/19/2012 12:58 PMPosted by Ikinai
I would like to raise fish in my pond.

Koi's!
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Side note, it's raining at my farm today, and for some odd reason about have my crops were "parched" O.o

I do prefer that though to having to kill half a dozen things instead. (as far as time goes, I have no issue with the slaughter itself.)
Edited by Aarkan on 12/20/2012 12:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
I feel like those tentacles have been improved recently -- they're still annoying, but the actions feel more responsive, like there's actually a point in not just spamming the 1 key anymore. I guess my biggest annoyance is that the vermin/alluring adds only get held by void tendrils for like 6 seconds, and I'd like to be able to pull all of them at once, root them, then AOE them all down. But that's a pretty minor gripe.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Bless this thread. I was super excited when Tina spruces up your house with furniture, only to find you couldn't do anything with any of it. Make it a real home for us!
  • Considered rested zone. Instant logouts, and hearth bindable.
  • A chest for item storage. I would be delighted if it was simply an icebox that only accepted cooking mats, even! I would be happy to do additional questing to obtain this.
  • A bit of a stretch, and I'm probably the only person who cares, but: choose one vanity pet to stay in your little house? That would make me happy for no reason at all.
  • And yes, please, do something about the vermin. It's just exceedingly annoying to have to clear out 2 - 6 occupied soils, to have to then kill 4 - 12 vermin and birds. It's quite a lot of time spent killing things for no loot or reward, and I'm sure that scarecrow could be of far more use than sitting there!
    Perhaps the fancy plow could kill any vermin that are hiding under the soil? It's probably more humane than being burned to death by sunfire...
    Edited by Paiu on 12/20/2012 1:13 PM PST
    Reply Quote
    100 Night Elf Hunter
    I love my farm. I love that I have all of my best friends to help me with my farm. But wouldn't it be nice if...

You could jump onto Miss Fifi and stamp all the vermin out of your occupied soil.
    Your dog would chase away the birds from your alluring veggies.
    The chickens would lay eggs.
    The pigs would...fertilize...a crop or two....

What dreams do you have?

Where's the like button? :)
    Reply Quote
    90 Night Elf Monk
    I love my farm. I love that I have all of my best friends to help me with my farm. But wouldn't it be nice if...

You could jump onto Miss Fifi and stamp all the vermin out of your occupied soil.
    Your dog would chase away the birds from your alluring veggies.
    The chickens would lay eggs.
    The pigs would...fertilize...a crop or two....

What dreams do you have?

I'm Exalted with the Tillers. I have the sprinkler system, the pest control and the plow. It is kind of annoying still having to remove obstacles from most of the soil plots, usually twice, before you till and after you plant. Machines that solve the other problems would be good. There's already a scarecrow, it should keep the birds away. The dog could hunt virmen, etc.
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]