[A][20]<The Night's Veil> RP/PVP/Social Guild

90 Human Warlock
Brief-ish Summary:
Well, as the title says, we're RP/PVP/Social. I'll explain what that means. We're a Heavy-RP Guild with alot of members that like to kill things. Also, killing things is part of our guild story, more on that later. And I don't just throw in "Social" to attract more members. When we broke away from our House Ravensong a few months ago, we aimed to create a good community for all of our members, not just the upper officers. If you were ever in HR, you would understand why that's important. And we have succeeded, most of our guild policies are around personal freedom and building a community, as well as getting involved with the rest of the Ravenholdt community.

Rules, Regulations and Other such things:

PVP Policy:
Alot of people ask me about this. Our policy is that we have no policy. If you want to go smash someone's face in, go right ahead. This is an RPPVP server, I would hope those that rolled here understood what that meant.

"PVP" Policy:
Did that level 20 Orc look at you funny? Is that Mage who killed you earlier at 50% fighting some tough mobs? Go ahead, it's fine. Again, this is an RPPVP server. "PVP" Happens to both sides.

ERP Policy:
If you are found ERPing, you will be demoted to the lowest rank and will have to earn your way back up, regardless of how high ranking you were in the guild. And that is your only warning, if you get caught again, you will be kicked. No exceptions.

RP Guidlines:
Don't break lore. You are not the illegitimate son of Terenas Menethil, and you cannot be a Half-Dragon Half-Dwarf Vampire Paladin-Warlock-Shaman. We choose to Roleplay in the established universe because we like it. So again, Do not break lore with your character. Do not be a Snowflake and do not be a Sue. If you are new and cannot create a lore-abiding character, then we can assist you, just be open to constructive criticism. If you are a veteran Roleplayer who plays such a character, then this is not the guild for you.

Recommended Addons:
MyRoleplay (Or TRP2, if you so desire, though it's being dropped)
Gryphonheart Items (Not required, but very fun)

The Sanctum:
I personally recommend that you create an account on the Ravenholdt RP sanctum, this is not required either, but it's alot of fun. http://www.ravenholdt.us/

Guild Stuff:
Joining: We have an OOC invite policy, mainly to be accepting of newcomers who are still refining their characters. To join our guild, just message me or one of the Officers and you can get your OOC invite. When you are ready, you may do your In-Character interview to join officially, then you will be bumped up to the official "Initiate" rank.

How to earn promotions: Roleplay. Make yourself known as a character and member of the community, OOC and IC.

Ranks: Prospect (OOC) Is the rank you have upon invitation. Once you do your In-Character interview, you will be bumped up to initiate, Roleplaying and attending events will see you getting promoted to Member, and so forth, all the way to Champion.

Guild Story: Basically, we broke away from our old guild, House Ravensong, when we believed it was becoming corrupt, that turned out to be true The leaders died, as they were in debt to a Goblin Cartel. Now we fill the void that they left behind. We're pro-Alliance adventurers, our overarching goal is to end the Horde/Alliance war. Not in the exact same way other guilds like Twlight Empire try to achieve peace, we do not believe peace can be achieved until Garrosh and his loyal followers have been slain. That is not to say that all of our guild story is devoted to war, we also have been reaching out and attempting to make alliances with other guilds, and we do some awesome espionage stuff, for our sneakier members, though I won't be going into great detail on that.

FAQ:
Hey! You're a warlock! This must be an evil guild!
Wrong. We're not evil, and I'm not evil either. But I won't be posting my story here.

Is Guild chat OOC or IC?
OOC.

Website?
Under construction. I'm terribad at the internets.

Vent?
Yes, but I won't be posting it in the public forums.

You condone ganking?
I don't prevent my members from ganking because I believe you should be allowed to play how you wish to play.

Why is there no apostrophe in your guild name?
It wouldn't let me. ICly there is one.

What's your guild name mean?
I didn't come up with it. Ask Shensheng.

For a clarification on our PVP policy, please scroll down to my third post, right under Ryoka's.
Edited by Hadrexion on 12/20/2012 3:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Great post, nice organization and succinct.

Two questions:

1) "We're pro-Alliance adventurers, our overarching goal is to end the Horde/Alliance war. Not in the exact same way other guilds like Twlight Empire try to achieve peace, we do not believe peace can be achieved until Garrosh and his loyal followers have been slain." Does this mean you have a collective background story, or are these just very general consensus attitudes with a loose band of adventurers?

2) I am told <House Ravensong> is still up for applications in guild finder. Are they down for the count or still trying to recover? If you don't wish to comment I understand, but if you can comment I would like to know. I used to see them out and about during the summer. Now not at all.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Great post, nice organization and succinct.

Two questions:

1) "We're pro-Alliance adventurers, our overarching goal is to end the Horde/Alliance war. Not in the exact same way other guilds like Twlight Empire try to achieve peace, we do not believe peace can be achieved until Garrosh and his loyal followers have been slain." Does this mean you have a collective background story, or are these just very general consensus attitudes with a loose band of adventurers?

2) I am told <House Ravensong> is still up for applications in guild finder. Are they down for the count or still trying to recover? If you don't wish to comment I understand, but if you can comment I would like to know. I used to see them out and about during the summer. Now not at all.

1.) Not entirely sure what you mean, so I'll try to do my best for this one. We're not a loose band of adventurers, we're an organization, lead by me, with a council of advisors. Said council and I make all the decisions, including our war tactics. I call our members "Adventurers" because we take in a lot of different types of characters.

2.) <House Ravensong> Is being rebuilt by Aorris after the original GM took the guild over to Horde side, then departed for Venture Co. I only mention them in my post because the downfall of Ravensong was the start of Night's Veil, and alot of my members are from the original House Ravensong. So yes, technically it still exists, but it has been crippled (ICly we believe it's been destroyed). Aorris says they will be making an appearance in early 2013.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7004015975

Hope that helps!
Edited by Hadrexion on 12/20/2012 8:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
It does indeed. Best of luck to you!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I would like to wish you good luck in your quest!

12/20/2012 12:03 AMPosted by Hadrexion
I may have forgotten some things, I kept looking at my toon's beard.

I get distracted by kempt beards, too.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Just wanted to say, I don't think we have any members at the moment who practice ganking, let alone camping. Actually, one of our members is the alt of a Horde hunter who met Phoronix and me at Domination Point... Anyway, I'm pretty sure all of us PvP in general with the same mindset as <Twilight Empire>'s Krasarang policy--just apply that same policy to all of Azeroth.

I'd also like to add that a few of us run Naxxramus, the Black Temple, Blackwing Something-Or-Other, etc. weekly. I'm not usually one of them, since I prefer doing other stuff and I am not searching for transmog sets.

On a personal note, I enjoy being left almost entirely to my own devices respecting RP and character development--Ryoka can do pretty much whatever she wants until the Veil has business with her. Creative freedom is a good thing.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Just wanted to say, I don't think we have any members at the moment who practice ganking, let alone camping. Actually, one of our members is the alt of a Horde hunter who met Phoronix and me at Domination Point... Anyway, I'm pretty sure all of us PvP in general with the same mindset as <Twilight Empire>'s Krasarang policy--just apply that same policy to all of Azeroth.

Well now my own members are getting confused, I should have been a bit clearer on the PVP policy, Was worried about space before, but here we go:

-You can initiate any PVP, you see a Horde you want to kill, kill it.
-You can kill as much as you desire, just use your best judgement on what is enough.
-If for some reason a Horde comes crying to me about getting killed, you will not be punished.
-If you see a lowbie and kill it while doing your Archaeology or something, that's fine too, chances are they've done the same. But again, use your own judgement on what is enough.

I guess what I am trying to say here is how you choose to PVP is up to you, if you are extremely honorable and would never kill a toon that can't defend itself, good for you. If you are not-so-honorable and think that ambushing level 40s every once in a while is lulz, that's fine too. It's not like there will not be repercussions for your actions, that level 40 may have his fully geared level 90 guild buddy a few minutes away, and chances are you will get face-murdered for killing that lowbie, and that is a natural consequence of your actions. My leadership policy is to allow those natural consequences to punish you in place of me taking disciplinary action. That said, if it gets to the point where I am getting complaints left and right (With screens or other forms of evidence to back it up) Then I will intervene.

TLDR: http://ruleoftheinternet.com/
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I forgot to bump this when <the Nights Veil> hit 25. Now, I've remembered. There is a place for any roleplayer among us, unless the character really can't stand the killing of Alliance citizens in the name of peace (and... the name of Shadow, apparently?), cross-faction and same-faction romances, time-meddling and insane magery, copious and frequent alcohol consumption, a kickass little gnome warrior who might be the guild's only saving grace--morally speaking; and equal parts swashbuckling, PvPing, and old world raiding.
Edited by Ryöka on 1/30/2013 7:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Druid
For some reason, I read "Gamon and his followers" in the first post and was mightily confused and amused for a bit.

Upon re-reading it (Garrosh and his followers), I have maps to Garrosh's throne room and his bedroom available for a modest price (1 copper), can prepare many alchemical solutions that will enhance your *ahem* strength and the *ahem ahem* potency of your weapons and incidentally, turn the guards into a black goo, and would provide air-support, if I could actually lift anything in bird form.

Baine Bloodhoof will never truly die.
Reply Quote
How have I not bumped this thread yet? I blame the craziness of life and my erratic routine of checking the Realm Forums these days. With that said...

Bump for a great guild! I've had several conversations with Hadrexion about this guild and if you're looking for RP with the opportunity for PvP, I would definitely recommend putting a character in <The Nights Veil>. I will certainly be putting one of my alts in this guild once I find a little more time to play. I know that Ryoka is leading the guild now and all of my interactions with her have been great. The leadership seems to be responsive and invested in both the guild and the community. I'd love to see this guild succeed and I wish them the best of luck!

*Bumps and hands Ryoka a cookie* It's a hunter weapon. =)
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
01/30/2013 07:56 PMPosted by Ryöka
the killing of Alliance citizens

Aroo?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Durh, I'd like to make you the first Tauren member of <the Nights Veil>. We can conduct your IC interview via strange gestures and then /drink to one another before our suicide missio--ah, before ending the war along with Garrosh.

@Aerana: Aw shucks... thanks! *Takes hunter weapon.* Seriously though, thanks for your kind words... we're really nothing more than a handful of friends who really have a lot of fun together. I'd love to see more join us! We are pretty laid back, and even though there are only a few of us, we are very diverse RPly.

01/31/2013 10:43 PMPosted by Oolaki
the killing of Alliance citizens

Aroo?

It's true. Hasn't happened in a while, but don't get in our way :-P
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
*Examines this strange hunter weapon closely.* "I think some... milk might be just the thing for this one..."
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/01/2013 11:45 AMPosted by Ryöka
I'd love to see more join us!

Hrm...I have an alt that might be a great fit!

I have many, many alts. I'm currently spinning plots across both factions as to which RP guilds I will place them in. >:D

That is, of course, if you accept alts. ^^
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
02/01/2013 12:14 PMPosted by Candela
That is, of course, if you accept alts. ^^

Yep. You wouldn't even be the first Horde player with an alt in the Veil. Flidais notwithstanding, you are a Horde player in my mind...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/01/2013 12:51 PMPosted by Ryöka
Flidais notwithstanding, you are a Horde player in my mind...

I am inclined to agree with this statement, despite the fact I try to balance my faction representation. ^^
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Durh, I'd like to make you the first Tauren member of <the Nights Veil>. We can conduct your IC interview via strange gestures and then /drink to one another before our suicide missio--ah, before ending the war along with Garrosh.

DURH!!! Dont Go...Its a TRAP!!! Last time a Tauren accepted an alliance invatation to join a party, he ... well lets be honest, I was killed and BBQ'ed. I am still shocked at the betrayal.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
Bump for all the new blood rushing to the RP oasis of Ravenholdt. Big things are brewing in the Night's Veil, friends... big, epic, faction and territory-spanning stories just waiting for you to join.

It's great fun and I'd hate for you to miss out. This guild has made my weekends amazing the past few months.
Reply Quote
I happen to have an unguilded Alliance alt that needs a home -- you'll be hearing from me :)
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
Looking very much forward to it!! Send Ryoka, Jalshir, or myself a message when you have a chance.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]