Farewell Ravencrest

90 Worgen Warrior
Farewell Ravencrest 2007-2012. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bTdLi0YUVM

Welp, it looks like Ravenfail, Destroyer of Guilds has claimed another guild. To anyone who knew us, we'll be moving onwards to a high pop server rather soon as unfortunately, recruitment to fill some core positions has been fruitless on this server. It's been an unfortunate tier with some of the better raiding guilds on the server transferring off and alas it seems we have succumbed.

I just wanted to say to everyone on Ravencrest that I've come to know from the 5+ years I've been on this server, thanks for the great memories and please keep in touch.

I had some rough and some awesome acquaintances with people on the server from handing out hundreds of bags during Christmas back in 2007, to the zombie apocalypse in the WotLK launch event, to the many enemies we accrued from the Darkmoon Arena and Orgrimmar raids, and to general trolling in trade chat. To this day, nothing has surpassed the chaos of that zombie apocalypse when the mage tower was camped with a 40 man zombie raid and I'll never forget that. I also do apologize again for anyone's 7 year old son I might have killed in that Darkmoon Arena :P.

Special shoutout to those folks in Revelation & Tide that I've had the privilege of raiding with for many months which laid the foundation to raiding for me. I hope you guys stay strong and never stop. (Siph you're still fat) Also shoutout to those that were in my guild in which we put together a top 200 US raiding team. To those that are parting ways with us, may you guys find a great group of people to raid with.

Altogether, Have a great Holiday week and best of luck to the remaining raiding guilds on the server - gonna be looking at Serenity to lead this server from now on.

Edit: Might keep an alt around to run alt runs with still if anyone's interested :P
Edited by Camirex on 1/14/2013 12:07 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Man, this server has had some memories for me.

I came to this game after playing Runescape for a few years with some irl friends. My irl friends quit Runescape and I turned to World of Warcraft. I remember being completely BLOWN away after running Deadmines back in Wrath, and thinking "Wow, that was really fun, I wonder what it's like at max level."

I think the best memory of this realm that I have would be the day that I was kicked from <The Frozen Crusaders>, as it was really the start of my raiding career on Ravencrest.

I do have a list of people that I would like to thank to make my current raiding career possible:

Daspion (Pi) - Yes, I know I no longer like Paradigm Shift, but Pi approached me near the end of Wrath of the Lich King and proposed creating a guild that would be end-game raiding. About 2 years later, Pi and I were killing bosses in Heroic Dragon Soul, sitting at #5 guild on server. Thanks again for pushing me into a more serious raiding scene.

Dreamstealer - After looking in Trade for two tanks, he invited me and Pi to tank Lich King. This was both our first kill and Dreamstealer noticed that we did fairly well. He asked us if we would like to tank for Aurora's second group in Cataclysm. I think that Aurora's second group was where I really started to know that I had more potential.

Viserecht - I still remember our first night that Vis was with us in Paradigm Shift. The entire night consisted of a pug member "Leeroy Jenkins"ing Shannox and wiping us over and over. I would have been greatly discouraged if I had been vis and this was the new guild that I had transferred over to, however Vis stayed. Vis went on to be one of the best warlocks that I know and I still keep in touch with him.

Now that is out of the way - Ravencrest, you've been my home ever since I started this account, but I think it's time to find a new home. Best of luck to everyone on this server.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Edited by Camirex on 12/22/2012 7:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
MVP
100 Orc Warrior
Ravencrest strikes again! None shall survive!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
12/22/2012 07:50 PMPosted by Padook
Ravencrest strikes again! None shall survive!

No kidding. Good luck to you - hopefully you find something better.
Reply Quote
For the Vis thing, that was actually me I think on my resto druid.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
12/23/2012 10:02 PMPosted by Alkii
For the Vis thing, that was actually me I think on my resto druid.

No, it was some resto druid by the name of "[something]rein", I cant remember the first part of his name.
Reply Quote
But in seriousness, Ravenfail is dying. *Not the guild, the server." More and more top guilds are disbanding and leaving. Requiem, Overwatch, and now Ravenfails. This server had great memories with me and I still keep in touch with everyone I want to. But it just came to that time that I needed to move on.

Cheers to the rest of you guys, and good luck in all of your endeavors.
- Anzo
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
dat sux
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
But in seriousness, Ravenfail is dying. *Not the guild, the server." More and more top guilds are disbanding and leaving. Requiem, Overwatch, and now Ravenfails. This server had great memories with me and I still keep in touch with everyone I want to. But it just came to that time that I needed to move on.

Cheers to the rest of you guys, and good luck in all of your endeavors.
- Anzo

Ravenfails Finest alt run might still be here :D

However, I do think for next tier, the server rank is gonna drop in the 200's :/
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
ugh way to ruin my christmas cam
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Good bye fine warriors of Ravencrest. Though I no longer belong to this server myself it is still sad to see a group of friends go and part separate ways. Thank you for having me in your guild, regardless how short of a time I was there, and thanks for the memories.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I hope you do keep your alts here for runs we need some good players here god dem it -.-

Good luck guys I wish you all the best, you will be missed by a lot of people.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Good Luck on the new server! Moving around in different server populations can give a new aspect to the game, even playing on pvp servers where you are the minority faction.

At least the hope is there that your raiding needs will be met as well as you hope.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
12/22/2012 06:38 PMPosted by Camirex
I also do apologize again for anyone's 7 year old son I might have killed in that Darkmoon Arena :P.

I know this forum is probably dead and gone, but I just had to say that this was one hilarious night to be in trade and watch the story unfold!!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]