State of Healing especially regarding MW

90 Undead Monk
Despite their lack of viability in what most consider the only true "show of skill" in WoW, 3’s, I think Mistweavers can be pretty easily fixed. Quality of life fixes like Windwalkers got (and made them 2.2 viable) can easily be applied to Mistweavers.
Life Cocoon obviously needs to not be dispellable. It also needs to be usable in stuns by default (at the moment usability in stuns requires Glyph of Life Cocoon). This is one of our CORE survivability cooldowns and should be treated as such naturally. Everyone takes this glyph in Mistweaver PvP. ATM 5.2 ptr only makes life cocoon undispellable.
Glyph of Life Cocoon is clogging up a spot for a cool glyph. Every Mistweaver takes it in PvP, so it is a cookie-cutter glyph. In place of this I personally would choose to take either Glyph of Renewing Mist (effectively makes it trigger on people at 40 yards rather than 20 yards) or Glyph of Surging Mist (Surging Mist, our flash of light, will trigger automatically on the lowest health target). Both those glyphs are in the game, I’m just stating what would be good options if Glyph of Life Cocoon is dropped.
Glyph of Renewing Mist would be pretty helpful considering Renewing Mist often jumps to people and is then out of range of traveling to people that you want to have it. That’s part of the random nature of the HoT though.
At the moment, I’m pretty dissatisfied with Soothing Mist and how it works in tandem with Surging Mists. I’m also dissatisfied with Surging Mists. Surging Mists is our Flash of Light, our Healing Surge. Both of these are fast spells on their own, but are less expensive (by more than 6000 mana) and more powerful. However, Paladins, and maybe Shamans (I’m not as familiar with them) get massive reductions in speed of their most powerful heals. Paladins can cast Divine Light in .8 or .7 seconds when this procs. In the current meta, Soothing Mists eats up a gcd. It makes my Surging Mist instant when I’m channeling Soothing Mist. Surging Mists always hits whoever Soothing is channeling on. To switch a target I have to target, click Soothing Mists and click Surging Mists. This wastes a GCD that I could have spent healing during a hard switch. This is VITAL in PvP. I can continue to spam Surging Mists (at an astounding 26400 mana) for 50k noncrits. This is not enough to keep someone up through burst. It is extremely inefficient (more than it should be). If I were to awkwardly spam Healing Spheres under my partner I would be healing 50k normal for 6000 mana. 6000. Glyph of Surging Mist cuts down on the awkwardness of switching targets and wasting gcd’s but it cannot be taken without dropping the ESSENTIAL Glyph of Life Cocoon. And it is still massively expensive for its low healing.
Paralysis should be 20 yard range by default for Monks (maybe Mistweaver only?). This would free up a talent slot that honestly shouldn’t be taken over Leg Sweep. We have little CC as it stands. Especially since paralysis DR’s with many other moves and essentially becomes a ranged interrupt. 5.2 ptr notes have made this happen.
Enveloping Mists should either be undispellable or be a dispel guard (that I’ve read blizzard doesn’t like anymore). This is kind of fixed with Zen Sphere as a dispel guard of sorts on 5.2 ptr.
Soothing Mists obviously needs to be undispellable. There was a blue post saying it would act like Penance but I don’t see that in the 5.2 notes.
Ring of Peace looks outstanding, perhaps even overpowered. I think this will become a new cookie cutter talent.
Healing Spheres exploding in the 6-yard radius is a little bit too small. If you’re within 6 yards of an orb, you may as well run over it as that’s basically melee range. Especially when you factor in the fact that you have to be there within 6 yards the instant time runs out on the orb. Very small chance that’ll happen imo.
Since Mistweavers have the option of “Fistweaving,” we should be scary up close and not so vulnerable. Nimble brew, the proposed new skill for windwalkers should be included for mistweavers as well. This would make us less vulnerable up close, especially since if you leave a pillar in high rated arenas you will be instantly cc’d.
With the proposed changes to chi wave, zen sphere, and chi burst, Chi Wave may no longer be cookie-cutter. Very nice change. Zen Sphere, however, may become cookie-cutter with the dispel guard, especially against purging team comps.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
The main change BY FAR that I want to see is a change to our single-target healing in burst situations. This is what has made both resto druids and Mistweavers lack recently due to the -% healing nerf. HoTs are no longer enough to keep someone up so we have to resort to our expensive single-target heals, which instantly ooms us. Surging Mists is mediocre and very expensive. I just watch my mana drain out when using the spell (even with Ascendance talented). PvE Mistweavers aren’t op with single-target healing so a change to this wouldn’t be too poor. Otherwise I’ll probably start using healing spheres almost exclusively in arena, though pillars and objects often interfere with placement. Something needs to be done about haste not affecting our direct-healing spells as much as it should. I will settle with the fix of having to use 2 gcd’s to switch targets on hard switches. Maybe let Surging Mist apply to the current target rather than the channel target? I think that is the best bet.

Core Points (TLDR)
-- Life Cocoon undispellable (reminder)
--Soothing Mists undispellable (required)
--Enveloping Mists undispellable (very nice, but probably OP)
--Glyph of Life Cocoon incorporated into spell
--Surging Mists too expensive, give us a reason to cast this instead of Healing Sphere
--Fix 2 gcd's to switch target in burst
--Give us Nimble Brew (allows us to fulfill our role as an up-close, scary healer for the other team)
--Make Jab/Fistweaving less expensive and more powerful. Resil + 0pvp power hurts this too much.
--Please stop making Transcendence disappear!

PS- Saw this on MMO-Champion on tweets
On a general note if you can't burst down a healer and you can't oom a healer what are you supposed to do?
You should be able to oom a healer. Our plan remains to nerf PvP healing once we feel like burst is solved.

This really scares me. I feel if this happens, you can say goodbye to Rdruids and Mistweavers in arena. Even with the buffs. Especially with Mistweaver. Hate to sacrifice the integrity of my post, but from my experience hpals seem a little bit above the other heals in sheer throughput, cc, and utility, and the rest of the heals are much more balanced. Overall decently okay with the state of healing atm, but another nerf to all healing will kill two classes. Thanks for reading, I hope a blue sees my feedback. Spent alot of time on this, despite the messiness. :3
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
(Reserved?)
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
Bump because I posted at 2 am :3
Reply Quote
80 Human Priest
12/27/2012 11:26 PMPosted by Yonä
Glyph of Surging Mist cuts down on the awkwardness of switching targets and wasting gcd’s but it cannot be taken without dropping the ESSENTIAL Glyph of Life Cocoon. And it is still massively expensive for its low healing.

You shouldn't be using surging mist ever in pvp unless you are using it with TFT in a massive "oh !@#$" situation.

Soothing Mist is borderline OP in pvp with enough spirit (if you are using it properly). You should easily be able to heal through burst without ever using Surging Mist unless you are not properly healing, and using your tools or undergeared.

I think what makes us good healers in pvp isn't to do god healing through burst like shaman/paladin. It is to keep multiple people from ever dropping low. The only time anyone should ever drop below 80% health is if you are CCed. If you are finding yourself in multiple situations where you are needing to cast surging mist you are playing poorly, and not healing correctly.

Healing is not what is wrong with this spec. We are one of the most powerful raw healers in the game. CC protection, and Utility is our problem in pvp.
Edited by Primiez on 12/28/2012 10:32 AM PST
Reply Quote
15 Draenei Hunter
12/27/2012 11:26 PMPosted by Yonä
Every Mistweaver takes it in PvP, so it is a cookie-cutter glyph. In place of this I personally would choose to take either Glyph of Renewing Mist (effectively makes it trigger on people at 40 yards rather than 20 yards) or Glyph of Surging Mist (Surging Mist, our flash of light, will trigger automatically on the lowest health target). Both those glyphs are in the game, I’m just stating what would be good options if Glyph of Life

Neither of those glyphs have a real place in serious pvp.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/28/2012 09:56 AMPosted by Primiez
Did you mean Enveloping Mist? Soothing Mist doesn't make Surging Mist instant....

It does make it instant.
Reply Quote
50 Human Priest
12/28/2012 09:56 AMPosted by Primiez
Did you mean Enveloping Mist? Soothing Mist doesn't make Surging Mist instant....

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=116694

If cast while channeling Soothing Mist, Surging Mist will be instant cast and heal that target over all others.
Edited by Niktesla on 12/28/2012 10:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
80 Human Priest
12/28/2012 10:18 AMPosted by Niktesla

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=116694

If cast while channeling Soothing Mist, Surging Mist will be instant cast and heal that target over all others.

Sorry had a brain freeze...was thinking of something else entirely..
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
Interesting, I just posted a similar thread with my thoughts. I came to different conclusions but I think we are both traveling down the same road.

I think you are focusing too much on what we currently have rather than what we need while also not making PvE unbalanced. Chi generation, right now, is horrible and if you're locked out via silences or stuns you will still be behind if you didn't happen to get locked out with at least some Chi.

I do like some of your suggestions. Life Cocoon should definitely not be dispellable much like Soothing Mist shouldn't be purageable (I think we have to wait for 5.2 for that).

See what you think of my proposed options for change (not all of them should be changed...just a couple). http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7415515210
Edited by Battlehippy on 12/28/2012 10:56 AM PST
Reply Quote
Bump for the effort and nice post ;) Hopefully some of these changes go live
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
Sorry been playing. Look at the glyphs possible for Mistweavers, and look at every single Mistweaver on the boards. All have glyph of life cocoon. Incorporate this into the spell and you free up the glyphs that have no place currently. I'll read your suggestions in a bit btw Battlehippy. Please post on your Mistweavers if you wish to rip me though.

Also, try healing 3's without surging mists. Try! It's very hard. Soothing Mists is not borderline OP because you don't want to be always casting in 3's or you will be an open target for a well timed counterspell.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
5.2 patch notes do not say Soothing Mists is undispellable.
Reply Quote
80 Human Priest
I did some testing this weekend...

Glyph Of Surging Mist does not work like the OP thinks.

If you are channeling Soothing Mist on a target and someone else in your party drops really low, and you use surging mist while glyphed it will not heal the low target. It will continue to heal the person you have targeted with soothing mist.

Surging Mist heals whoever you are healing with soothing mist, and the glyph unfortunately doesn't over write that mechanic.

So unless you are the type to hardcast spam surging must, the glyph is 100% worthless in pvp.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I just now started healing on this guy, I just want to know if I should be using jab to regenerate chi or is that just a waste of mana?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]