Curious

90 Human Paladin
So I've finally gotten to 90 and am Holy MS, and I'll start doing LFR after I take care of a few things but I'm curious how other healers are finding heroics and healing in general...What I mean by this is the actual amount your healing spells are healing for...I've been having troubles in heroics sometimes because even though I'm in full heroic healing gear I just can't crank out big enough heals unless I start spamming things or blowing CD's... I'm just wondering if this is because my heals are just bad or if this is because players are taking too much dmg when they shouldn't be, or if some of my tanks are just way too squishy to be tanking heroics. How are other healers finding things, and did/do you holy paladins out there find your healing to be when you had my gear/ ILvl?
Reply Quote
Between my Priest and Shaman, I've never had a problem with my heals being too weak. My main problem in heroics as a fresh 90 was mana, which was mostly only an issue if I had to do excessive AoE healing.

If people are dying despite you pushing out heals on them, it's probably because the tank is really squishy.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
It's probably a mixture of a few things.

For myself, heroics and LFR are pretty boring. 10 mans, pvp and higher end content can be challenging depending on my group and what we're doing.

Overall, healing has taken a huge HUGE hit in this expansion. It takes a lot of work and it can be very demoralizing at times.

For you, you're gear is pretty low quality, but that's to be expected when you just hit 90. I see right away that you don't have enchants and you aren't reforging your gear. If you want to be able to put out more HPS, you need to do these things. Check your class forms for stats you should prioritize.

For LFR, don't stress too much about it. You have 5 other healers in there helping, and until you get better gear you aren't going to be able to compete very well.

For 5 mans, it's probably a mixture of your gear and your group. People can't just stand in AOEs like they could at 60 and 70 dungeons, but people still do it. If you have the gear and ability, you can heal through it (I usually do just to get them over with faster), but if you are struggling with mana or the tank is going down, just let 'em die and explain the fight to them later.

Tanks in 5-mans vary depending on their class, skill, and gear. Some tanks are harder to heal than others, some tanks do and some don't play defensively, being aware their gear is bad. (Generally for a 5man, most groups are going to be poorly geared because they're is no reward to do them once you're geared in LFR.) You'll just have to learn to adjust to a tank, and if you see them pulling extra packs they can't handle, ask them to slow down.

I think beyond reforging and enchanting your gear, the best thing for 5 mans is just to make sure you know the fights and know your class. Know when to blow your CDs and when you don't have to stress. Know your talents and when you should switch them around. Let bad players die and let them know why so they know they have to fix what they are doing.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Overall, healing has taken a huge HUGE hit in this expansion. It takes a lot of work and it can be very demoralizing at times.

For you, you're gear is pretty low quality, but that's to be expected when you just hit 90. I see right away that you don't have enchants and you aren't reforging your gear. If you want to be able to put out more HPS, you need to do these things. Check your class forms for stats you should prioritize.

Thanks you 2, that was a really helpful post Jezebella, I really wasn't sure if I should enchant my heroic gear because on previous expansions it was pointless to enchant anything but epics..Its good to know that healing has taken a HUGE hit this expansion, that makes me feel a little better...I've never had a max level healer as my main before so I don't know what it was like before, all I know is that going holy at 70, healing was super easy and took no effort from 70-82 and then from 83 onwards it was downright hard. Thanks again, I'll get all my chants and reforges done right now. Cheers :)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/29/2012 04:23 PMPosted by Blazy
I really wasn't sure if I should enchant my heroic gear because on previous expansions it was pointless to enchant anything but epics..

It's kind of up to you whether you want to wait or not for LFR gear or not for enchants. I think reforging is worth it because it's not very expensive. I wouldn't get the most expensive enchants unless you're swimming in gold, but throwing some on them will help you.

LFR is very RNG dependent. It could take you months to get full epics, or you could be decked out next week. I never did see any LFR-boots and had to buy the Valor ones to get myself out of my last blues. I got my 2 piece Moonkin set within the first 2 weeks, and have gone over a month without seeing a 3rd piece of my set.

Cause ya'know. RNG is fun. Couldn't stick to that old badge system. Far too much reliability for loot.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]