The Misty Keg 9: Unleashing Bottled Fury

100 Pandaren Monk
Mist will you be on this week's OOM podcast? I miss your sweet, sweet voice :'(
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
Mist will you be on this week's OOM podcast? I miss your sweet, sweet voice :'(

I still can't afford a new headset and would rather not risk obnoxious feedback during the cast. The latest I'll be out is until mid-march.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
so, next patch, is chi burst really instant cast, or are all the tooltips on various websites wrong about it? i've always liked the spell but it's kind of a pain to use as ww with the cast time. can anyone on the ptr let me know how it actually works?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
Still has a cast time, just no chi cost.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
So Mistweavers, what class do you intend to reroll to and why?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I hit 90 :D also WW is awesome in PVP even with not so great gear. Loving it.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
02/20/2013 02:21 PMPosted by Mist
Still has a cast time, just no chi cost.

ahh, i see. that's okay i guess, with the added cast time it might be a cool ranged attack to mix in - but it's likely that because WW is so flimsy i'll be using chi wave on cooldown just to live. >.> either that, or i'll take healing elixers and make more use of my tiger brew.

why are mistweavers angry right now? can they not heal any more or something? :p

edit - also yeah, WW is really fun for pvp, i like it over my paladin, who is a brute as it is.
Edited by Martana on 2/20/2013 3:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
why are mistweavers angry right now? can they not heal any more or something? :p

They gutted the playstyle. Fistweaving is now just a ghetto atonement that does both less healing and less damage still. If you want to use uplift ever you have to use soothing mist and soothing mist is entirely too RNG to be reliable.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
so back to stack so much spirit your brains hurt!! or do we just have to give up on jabbing?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Monk
02/20/2013 06:17 PMPosted by Mist

They gutted the playstyle. Fistweaving is now just a ghetto atonement that does both less healing and less damage still. If you want to use uplift ever you have to use soothing mist and soothing mist is entirely too RNG to be reliable.

I liked it more when Blizzard would see this sort of thing and go, 'Okay, our players like this. How can we incorporate it better?' instead of 'Okay, our players play like this. How can we make them play like we want them too.'

Also, isn't SuM guaranteed chi at ranged? If incredibly costly.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
02/20/2013 09:45 PMPosted by Beifong
SuM guaranteed chi at ranged

35% chance on heal tick to generate chi
translation you can cast a whole channel and get no chi or randomly get 3 and have them go to waste -.-
Reply Quote
90 Troll Monk
02/20/2013 10:35 PMPosted by Leesinga
SuM guaranteed chi at ranged

35% chance on heal tick to generate chi
translation you can cast a whole channel and get no chi or randomly get 3 and have them go to waste -.-

I said SuM, as in Surging Mist. Not Soothing Mist/SoM/SM.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
surge is, but it's not really worth using in most situations. Cheaper and faster to mash SM.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
I played with the glyph of uplift last night for giggles when we were pulling heroic vizier for giggles. Was great the healing I could do, the fact I was 50% mana after one FnV was not so great lol.

Also, I wouldn't be suprised if SM will grant a chi every second tick or something. I was using it for lei shi (I felt like rebelling against our healing sphere loving overlords) and I had several channels where I got not a single chi. Really was a wonderful time, lemme tell ya.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
so those better at gauging ptr notes or have actually healed on ptr.... on a scale of one to 10. one being w/e we'll adapt 10 being kiss your !@# goodbye. how are we looking for 5.2?
Edited by Leesinga on 2/21/2013 8:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Just found this community and had to see if I could join in! I am feeling so good after doing my first 25 man raid since switching to 10 in October B)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I played with the glyph of uplift last night for giggles when we were pulling heroic vizier for giggles. Was great the healing I could do, the fact I was 50% mana after one FnV was not so great lol.

Also, I wouldn't be suprised if SM will grant a chi every second tick or something. I was using it for lei shi (I felt like rebelling against our healing sphere loving overlords) and I had several channels where I got not a single chi. Really was a wonderful time, lemme tell ya.

Preaching to the choir with this one. I have gone in one fight 5 Soothing Mist Channels and not a single chi. And to make it even worse I have it on a video of one of our kills. My luck/rng is pitiful.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
words.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
02/22/2013 01:13 PMPosted by Mist
words.

hmmm... hmmmm. yes i concur

anywho
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P45w8YvnW0E
say it aint so!!! are the days of melee healing over!! did blizz seriously just demolish the reason i started playing a monk healer T.T what are your guys thoughts? i guess this will allow me to learn chi torpedo more as i won't be stacked in melee 24/7. will we be in melee at all? will it even be worth using jab/bok/tp. also kinda sad about the t30 talents. i guess its more free healing like chi torpedo, but bleh just feel weird now
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
I saw this get kinda close to the second page and got scurd.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]