[RP]-The Cenarion Council

I've heard stories of the Druids. Elusive men and women who live in the wilds, their natural bonds to Azeroth rivals only that of the celestial and the eternal. Legends describe them as brave heroes, or natural spellcasters who fight valiantly alongside the armies of the Alliance and the Horde. Others would describe them as guardians, who lend their voice to the Wilds in worldly matters ensuring that nature would have it's say. Some believe them to be wanderers or vagabonds, beings that tread across all lands as Azeroth's keepers.

I've been told of their profound magics; of their ability to summon ferocious thunderstorms and mending flesh and bone with nature's blessing, or their power to call upon the forms of the very animals they've sworn to protect. They can opt to walk among their natural brethren as one of their own, assuming the shapes of feral cats or ferocious bears, or even soar through the Heavens as a noble Stormcrow.

They are the middle-men between man and beast, the protectors and keepers of life. For over ten millenia they've hid in the wild places of the world, keeping a watchful eye on the civilized societies and ensuring the safety and well-being of nature. Even to this day, they still walk among us on Azeroth, fighting to protect that which they hold sacred; fighting to preserve nature's delicate balance.
Edited by Verdantclaw on 2/24/2013 6:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
OOC: 

Cenarion Council

Objectives:

1) To create a server-wide Cenarion Circle RP group that will promote inter-class RP between Druids.

2) To host infrequent meetings in which Druids can discuss important matters and upcoming events.

Council Details:
-Open to Druids only, Night Elven, Worgen, Tauren and Troll. As this is primarily an Allianced-based event, Horde Druids must arrange for a translator.
-We use the Silver Hand meetings as a template. Special thanks to Stromheart for his assistance/ideas!
-All Druids regardless of race, gender or level who wish to participate in Cenarion Council events are invited. Non-druids are also invited, but must be accompanied by a Druid. Unlike the Silver Hand, Cenarion Councils are more restrictive when considering spectators.

Tools we use:
-Chat Channel
-Calendar Invites
-Forum Thread
-The Moonglade and other various RP hubs
-Translator volunteers
-Sub-site

Council Representatives:
Galondel Fleetsong (The Nordrassil Accord)
Ferenold Stormshend (Order of the Elder Orchid)
Duskhowl (Heartsong Guardians)
Ravendane (The League of Lordaeron)
Winnea (Wolves of the Gray Rose)
Maethor (Will of Elune)
Isowen (Order of Malorne)
Aldreon Verdantclaw (Independant)

Organizers (Speakers):
Aldreon Verdantclaw (Co-Founder)
Galondel Fleetsong (Co-Founder)

*NEW* Common/Orcish Translator:
Duskhowl

Rules:
-Striking a fellow Druid during these events result in a discharge from the group.
-All weapons will remained sheathed upon entering the Moonglade. The Moonglade is considered sacred and neutral ground. Any acts of violence will not be tolerated.
-Confidential matters concerning the Cenarion Circle shall not be discussed with non-Cenarion members unless otherwise permitted.
-Non-druids must be accompanied by a Druid upon entering Council meetings and may be asked to identify their representative at any point during the meeting.

FAQ:

Q: What is the Cenarion Council, and how does it relate to lore?

A: The Cenarion Council is an alliance of Druids who share a similar goal: the preservation of the balance and the well-being of nature throughout Azeroth. It's members convene on amiable terms and falls outside of the Horde and Alliance conflict.

Q: My Druid is part of the Cenarion Circle but does not want to participate in these events.

A: You don't have to participate if you don't want to! Any events, proceedings, or decisions from Council meetings will only affect the Druids who elect to participate in them.

Q: The Archdruid Malfurion decides to do X with the Cenarion Circle.

A: The Cenarion Council and participating members are considered a subsect of the Cenarion Circle. Therefore, any direction or ruling made by Archdruid Malfurion in-game or otherwise pertaining to the Circle supercedes any prior rulings of the Council. We follow the will of the Archdruid and the Cenarion Circle at large.

Q: I am a member of (guild X). How does this fall in line with my other affiliations?

A: It's up to you! The Council recognizes you as both a Cenarion and of your respective guild(s) and/or other affiliations. Alternatively, you can choose to be a full-time member of the Circle. This is meant to supplement your roleplay, not usurp it!

Q: My guild wishes to have a representative on the Council.

A: Speak to Verdantclaw or Galondel in-game or on this thread. However, keep in mind that your Council representative must be a Druid.

Q: My Druid is not Cenarion, can I still join?

A: Yes! All Druids may attend Council meetings regardless if they identify themselves as a Cenarion or not.

Q: I have more questions not answered here.

A: Speak to Verdantclaw or Galondel in-game. Alternatively, leave your question in this thread and we will answer here.
Edited by Verdantclaw on 2/9/2013 8:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
Galondel's Board

IC 

What is the motivation? Why do they persist? What is their goal? Ten thousand years ago, they came. Ten thousand years ago, we stood against them. The world itself came to our aid. The spirits of Nature gave us strength. Against them. Against the endless flame. Against the Poison. Against this legion of corruption. Against the endless Fel Fires. We stood tall, and proud. We repelled them. But why? Why did we stand? There was no chance of us becoming victorious. They're numbers were endless, and they had no mercy. Who were we, who are we, to stand against him. The destroyer of worlds. Who were we to stand against Sargeras. We were outnumbered. Yet we did not stand alone. The spirits... The world itself rallied. And with it, came our allies. Our Guardians. Our Protectors. The Ancients heard our call to arms, and they came with force. Yes we were outnumbered. But we stood. Together, we were the Guardians of this ancient land. 

Yet they persist. Again they return to Hyjal's ancient peak. And they were repelled once more. They showed no mercy to us. We could only return the favour. They dared return. They dared face our might once more. They dared face the Bulwark of Nature herself. They dared, and they lost. Many of us, and our allies died. The forests themselves rallied, and lost their lives. Hyjal payed the ultimate price. And still we stand. Still we are vigilant, ready. For should they dare strike again, they will be dealt with swiftly.

Let it never be forgotten. Who we were. What we stood for. What we still stand for! We are her protectors. Her Guardians. Her Vigil. We are Druids, and let it never be forgotten the sacrifices that have been made for Azeroth, and her people. 

~ Shan'do Fleetsong

OOC 

PLEASE MAKE SURE TO POST MORE THAN TEN WORDS WHEN POSTING IN THE THREAD. THIS WILL HELP TO ENSURE THAT THE THREAD DOES NOT GET LOCKED.

If you need to contact me, either pst me in-game or via in-game mail. If it is urgent and I am not online, please refer your question to Verdantclaw. Either of us should be able to answer your question anyway, but this message is for those who need to specifically get in touch with me.
Edited by Verdantclaw on 12/31/2012 5:02 AM PST
Reply Quote
Verdantclaw's Board

From Duskhowl regarding Horde/Alliance translation:

*waves vigorously* hi all! For those horde-side peeps wanting in, contact me here so we can arrange an In-Game conversation. I do have a troll shammy I use to proxy Dusky to interact with hordies, or I also use B/Tag convos.

A little explanation of how I will be working translations, at least in the beginning, until we get too many people for me to do it alone.... (then I'll be roping some of my guardians into helping.)

First, for the events, B.tag is encouraged to get the direct translation from Duskhowl, as the character has been learning basic orcish, zandali, and some taurahe from a few troll and tauren friends. I will be on Dusk, listening to the nattering of the alliance characters, before offering an IC Duskhowl translation. (For those of you unfamiliar with "Dusk-speak," it should be an experience.) 

Then he will serve as the back and forth to communicate questions, opinions, ideas, etc, with standard Duskhowl brevity. 

In the event you do not want to use a b.tag convo, at least one of the hordies present will be one of my guardians on a horde-side toon, and since most of HSG hangs out in our vent, the rapid fire translation will be given to them there, and they can spit it out in /s or /e.

Should we grow to have a horde membership beyond the 12 or 16 people allowed in a single b.tag convo, I'll simply use my shaman to proxy dusk, and get the translations over vent, before relaying the responses to one of my ally side guardians. 

I'm going to make this as smooth, uncomplicated, and easy as possible, while still encouraging discussion and x-faction RP. :}

If you need to contact me IC or OOC, I am available via whisper or in-game mail on Verdantclaw or my other toon Nevermoor.

DRUIDS UNITE!
Edited by Verdantclaw on 12/31/2012 4:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
UPCOMING EVENTS
(Times and dates are tentative and subject to change.

All events cancelled until further notice.
Edited by Verdantclaw on 2/24/2013 5:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
wow they really locked the other thread
Reply Quote
Oh, Verd, Galo, you'd've laughed yesterday. Dusk totally whalloped a DK in the grove who was being a jerk. Dived bombed him as a raven, popped back to worgen at the last second and was all like RAWR! Slashy slashy! He was totally unprepared for that.

As a side note, I've put a note up on my guild calendar about the next event, so hopefully HSG and associates will be there enmasse. They might even bring refreshments since druids apparently like talking. A lot. We can at least have juice and cookies while we gab.

@Duskhowl
We're just excited to see each other! We hardly ever see a gathering of Druids so large, can you really blame us for our enthusiasm? Needless to say, baked goods and refreshments are welcome.

Oh you hurt a DK? Really, now? Didn't you know the Council LOVES Death Knights? You should have heard them that night. You'd swear the Druids and DKs are in bed with one another. /snicker.

I am looking forward and appreciate the invitation to the next event! I shall be bringing a druid whom has experience in assessing that is the land of Pandaria! Yay for rp!

@Mavei
We'll be in touch. We need to meet IC and OOC later.

Can I come too? I need you guys to grow trees for me.

@Hohenzollern
*beep* We're sorry. The number you have dailed has dropped your call. Please hang up and try again.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I already spoke with Mavei Verd. She is coming to observe and speak for the first time. If they like it they will join.
Reply Quote
Ok, great!

Hey Galo, we don't have enough threads depicting how awesome we are. How about 4 more? XD
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Deleted the old one. Sorry I didnt see this one.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I heard mention about a chat channel for this thing?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
If there is, I'm joining it on my alt since the threads keep getting smacked with the lockpad.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
Oh look. New thread smell to go with my new keyboard (apparently i'd rped so much i wore out all the vowels on the old one. I go through MORE keyboards and computer mice.....)

And to be fair Verd, the DK was asking for it. He'd already been told to leave ICly before, for agitating one of the guardians. He came back, and when told to vacate, he got snippy. So we shoved Dream energy up his !@#$. It was fun. Then he ran, claiming he won.
Reply Quote
12/31/2012 09:55 PMPosted by Duskhowl
Then he ran, claiming he won.

Rofl, what's new there?

12/31/2012 03:51 PMPosted by Arrowshifter

12/31/2012 04:19 PMPosted by Qerrathien
If there is, I'm joining it on my alt since the threads keep getting smacked with the lockpad.

Yes, message me or Galo in-game.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
01/01/2013 01:17 AMPosted by Verdantclaw
Then he ran, claiming he won.

Rofl, what's new there?

Yes, message me or Galo in-game.
Will do. *salutes*
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
Meh. It happens. I dont think a few stab wounds, some frostbite, and some cracked ribs constitute mortally wounded for a worgen, sooo....

Player's a good sport though. Apparently the fight was the most fun he'd had in a while.
Reply Quote
Happy new year, folks!

Today I want to draw your attention to this thread by Rhevas. He offers a particularly awesome proposition regarding the Sha. It also ties directly into our Pandaria discussion:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7415516118

Secondly, we have a third event in the works that will be a ritual/ceremony event, and will he hosted and performed by the Council. We're still working out the details on it, but I can't wait for it's reveal!

Which leads me to a few questions I have for our thread-goers. We've experimented with a variety of different kinds of events in the past, a few Council debates, a Council trial, and soon we'll be doing a ritual/ceremony RP.

-Which of the RP events have you enjoyed?
-What other kinds of RP events would you like to see in the Council?
-How do you feel about a personalized Council story arc? (eg. involving DnD events, player-created lore, etc.)
-Any other feedback regarding the Council?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Happy new year, folks!

Today I want to draw your attention to this thread by Rhevas. He offers a particularly awesome proposition regarding the Sha. It also ties directly into our Pandaria discussion:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7415516118

Secondly, we have a third event in the works that will be a ritual/ceremony event, and will he hosted and performed by the Council. We're still working out the details on it, but I can't wait for it's reveal!

Which leads me to a few questions I have for our thread-goers. We've experimented with a variety of different kinds of events in the past, a few Council debates, a Council trial, and soon we'll be doing a ritual/ceremony RP.

-Which of the RP events have you enjoyed?
-What other kinds of RP events would you like to see in the Council?
-How do you feel about a personalized Council story arc? (eg. involving DnD events, player-created lore, etc.)
-Any other feedback regarding the Council?

To add on to this, would you guys wish to possibly do some in the field events in the future? I had some ideas i wanted to entertain, Verd said I should ask you guys before making it an event. But if you guys wish to know more about the idea let me now in game.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
So far I've enjoyed all of it. The RP is interesting, seeing how different character personalities react to different events and to each other.
Reply Quote
Meow mix. Meow mix. Please deliver?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]