Best Horde race for Deathknight

90 Orc Death Knight
I'd say if you're going Unholy, Undead is the best race due to Touch of the Grave scaling with shadow damage and the added benefit of an extra Fear/Charm/Sleep breaker.

If Frost, Orc for Blood Fury and Axe expertise. That extra attack power is significant.

If Blood I don't think it matters, but I'm almost inclined to say Trolls for the Haste racial for more Rune management but I don't really tank so my opinion is moot.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Mage
Who cares about stupid pets for a DK! LOL Pets don't assist you in combat. Sheesh.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Troll of course. I made mine an Orc, worst decision ever.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Undead is awesome for PvP. Liche + Icebound + Trinket + WotF. Touch of the grave doesn't make a very noticeable impact, but WotF is such a useful skill for all the fear spam that goes on these days.
Makes a lock's life living hell. Interrupt his fear spam 2-3 times and escape out of 2-3 of them that you weren't able to interrupt.
Edited by Tenebrus on 4/10/2014 7:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
PvE: Doesn't matter. Min/maxers will say orc. In WoD it'll matter even less. Tauren if you're gonna play blood at all.
PvP: Tauren/Blood elf/Undead and why:

Tauren - 5% increased hp plus hoof stomp racial for interrupting. Making you overall bulkier than any other race by a noticeable amount. Especially recommended if you're thinking about being a blood dk at any point in time.
Undead - Will of the Forsaken (second lichborne, but without turning yourself undead) and that racial that does damage sometimes but not that often really.
Blood elf (what I chose, duh) - Arcane Torrent. Gives 15 runic power (in WoD it will be boosted to 20) and everything around you within a pretty decent range is interrupted and briefly silenced from spellcasting. I've used this to actually get a kill on healers and kill casters even quicker, I love it.

Also keep in mind Blood Elves in WoD will be 1% increased crit chance at all times in addition to current passives.

I personally find being undead as a death knight unnecessary with access to lichborne, but really it's all about playstyle. Just choose what you like and stick to it.
Edited by Nìflheìm on 4/10/2014 7:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
fear was never much of a problem as dk, between AMS, trinket, lichborne, and potential strangulate/interrupt, you shouldnt have much of a problem against fear (as long as there isnt any horror effect waiting for you......)

as an orc, you have resistance to stun (dont even rely on IBF, its a 3 freaking minute cd, you get 2% pet damage, and you get axe expertise (more crit from reforge!)

plus blood fury is a nice mini trinket, flat dps increase.

and the most important of all, LOOK AT MY !@#$ING SHOULDERS SON, LOOK AT ME!! YOU CANT EVEN IGNORE MY SHOULDERS
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
04/10/2014 08:22 PMPosted by Moisture
YOU CANT EVEN IGNORE MY SHOULDERS

or your hunch.

Thats what makes me regret rolling orc. The hunch
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]