Other classes healing for you?

59 Blood Elf Monk
Anyone else get offended, slightly, or is it just me? When I get bored of DPSing and switch to my heal spec, I have to say....Mistweaver is on the same level of 'comfortable' healing as the druid. Doesn't have 20 spells to macro like on my priest, and I can DPS if I feel like it. Haven't DPSed while fighting since the last dungeon where I was called out on it.

Earlier when this toon was in her 30's or so, I was able to DPS while healing and the tank's health never dipped below 60 percent or so. Soothing Mist, Soothing Mist, smack mobs around. Rinse and repeat. Can't remember what heal spells I had besides that one, but it seemed to be working well. Towards the end, the druid in the group says, "Why am I having to heal?" I hadn't even noticed the feral druid DPS had been throwing heals on the tank all this time. Immediately, I stopped DPSing and focused solely on healing, slightly confused.

I mean, sure, thanks for the help, but....I'm the healer and those early dungeons aren't hard to heal in the least. If you felt I was doing something wrong, you should've said something well before the end of the dungeon - I take help and constructive criticism where I can get it, so I'm not going to snap at you.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
01/02/2013 03:08 PMPosted by Màiri
Immediately, I stopped DPSing and focused solely on healing, slightly confused.

I'm a little confused as well. You do realize that a monk heals THROUGH dps, right? Jab, Blackout Kick, Tiger Palm, Chi Wave/Burst/Zen Crackling Jade, Spinning Crane Kick. All of your dmging spells create smart heals. At your lvl Eminence healing is all that should be required to keep up your party. Soothing+Surging if there is a big burst. If the druid was healing for you, that is his fault.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Well, I think it is because most healers do snap. I know when I decide to do some healing, I don't really care if someone throws a heal around. (most of the time, they really don't need to though)

But sometimes when I switch back to main spec elemental and throw a heal the healer snaps and gets an attitude.

Worst part is when the healer is failing and you suggest switching to resto to help the healer out with double heals. They get soooooo pissed off.
Edited by Procellá on 1/2/2013 3:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
Because you basicly told em they weren't good enough to do it themselves, regardless of the message you sent.

As for the heals through dps yes this is true, but the damage feature of chi wave/burst and spinning crane kick don't attribute to eminence heals. Because these spells already have a heal attached to them.

Personally Its been to long since I was getting help from dps in healing, not since I was still in all greens. As it stands I can go nearly anywhere and burst 2 70k hps or hold steady at 30k hps with only doing auto attack, ReM, and chi wave.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
I appreciate all help, needed or not. I also am not afraid to throw a shield on the tank, or PoM in Shadow spec.

Better to receive/give help than to wipe.
Reply Quote
I don't mind help at all. Now if someone is trying to fully do my job when it is unnecessary I'd probably get annoyed, or offer to go dps if they wanted to heal (depending on mood).. but normally there is nothing I love more than seeing a druid tranq, or a shaman lay down healing rain... etc etc if the occasion warrants it. I also return the favor if I happen to be dpsing a dungeon.
Edited by Morenn on 1/3/2013 10:11 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I only mind it if its a bit ridiculous and they are just slowing down the run for no reason in the process of throwing out say a tranq when everyone is at 90%. A small cooldown that doesn't really affect the speed of a run is no problem to me since its very very very rare that the hybrid dps would ever have to go into full heals mode when i'm doing heroics on this guy as heals.

I do it all the time as enhance with guidance on big aoe pulls (can burst 50k hps for the 10 seconds its up) especially in CM's but also with healing rains sometimes (since HR for enhance is usually very easy to put down and does significant healing as well). But it barely interrupts my dps so that is why I sometimes do it. Also i'll only drop em if it actually looks like we'll need it since otherwise it is just slowing the run down.
Edited by Gardiff on 1/3/2013 10:18 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/02/2013 03:08 PMPosted by Äryen
Towards the end, the druid in the group says, "Why am I having to heal?"

Your dps wasn't enough to keep the tank healed for whatever reason.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I don't mind - it's not a bad thing and appreciated for those crunch times at max level that some players remember they CAN heal in a pinch! :D
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I dont really care, less work for me to do.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]