Moon Guard to Shadow Council is it worth it?

88 Blood Elf Hunter
I'm thinking of switching from Moon Guard to Shadow Council, on Alliance side. Is it even worth switching? How's the population here?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
http://wow.realmpop.com/us-shadow-council.html
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
It's likely very different from what you're used to. Moon Guard's known for a lot of walk up RP in the Cathedral Square, last I heard. We don't have a lot of random walk up RP here; there's a lot more guild centric RP. This is a much older server than MG, so many RPers are less publicly active or just prefer more private venues.

Alliance side has various open, public social events through the week; I'll repost from another recent RP query thread:

On Tuesday evenings in the little library across from the Stockades we have "The Inkwell", a book and coffeeshop style RP get together, run by Brynnhilde. On Thursdays, in Ironforge's Hall of Explorers, we have "Tales of Azeroth", a lore-lecture event run by the Meddlers. Fridays, "Wendy's" is an open-air bar at the well in the Mage District. All of these start at 7pm server (mountain) time.

A bunch of us hang out at times in the Brawler's Guild, and haven't been bothered at all for RPing, due to it being so immersive down there, I think.

Hordeside RP mostly happens in Silvermoon, though there is a new event in UC on Wednesdays (unfortunately conflicting with my IC guild meetings!). It's much more open walk up Hside, due to Silvermoon being a no-fly zone.

rp-haven.com is a website several RPers on our server use instead of the realm forums (a holdover from the old troll-filled forums partially). Haven is for sharing RP/character stories, discussion, advertising events, etc. The in game channels of /join Haven are available both Alliance and Horde side. Not everyone who uses the website uses the channel, and not everyone in the channel uses the website; it's just helpful for meeting various RPers. You won't find everyone who RPs here on Haven, but it's a starting point.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
01/04/2013 10:50 PMPosted by Requios
I'm thinking of switching from Moon Guard to Shadow Council, on Alliance side. Is it even worth switching? How's the population here?

I'd recommend going to Wyrmrest Accord.

Alliance and Horde really don't associate with the other and the RP is rather recluse.

I rolled a character on Wyrmrest and the RP and population was so much more lively. I say this as an 8 year player of Shadow Council who may be switching servers himself, or letting the sub run out.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]