Hello

90 Worgen Druid
The threads have been kinda gloomy lately. Figured I'd by to say hello to everyone and cheer up its the new year! Thanks OOTA for picking me up you guys are great! Have a nice weekend.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
Whats a weekend
Reply Quote
Hello.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Gloomy indeed.

What do you guys like to do for fun outside of the game?

I like to draw, play music, go drinking, play the occasional 'current gen' single-player game (console and pc), relive the glory days of my childhood games (NES to GC/Xbox/PS2 era), and even other multiplayer games.

That said, I've learned to stay away from online shooters. They absorb more of my time than this one does. Something about trying to get a 3:1 and higher KDR that's just too appealing.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
01/05/2013 11:07 PMPosted by Clark

Depends on the weather. Winter I'm usually just hanging out with friends or I'm shut up indoors playing WoW or w/e sounds like fun. I occasionally go snowmobiling, but there hasn't been much snow up north this year, so I'm outta luck there.

Summer and every other season is about the same, but fishing/golfing instead of snowmobiling.

Pretty simple life at the moment.
Reply Quote
Lunar, I gotta know.... did all the other members of OotA meet in an intro to philosophy class?
I took a lot philosophy in college and that's how these guys all seem to talk like haha.

this is my major source of entertainment when I'm not working. Otherwise I'm a big horror movie junkie. My gf and I love to hike. I also have probably the coolest dog in the world, he's a pitbull/chow chow mix. I work as paramedic in Las Vegas. not much else to know about me!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/05/2013 11:41 PMPosted by Ilych
I also have probably the coolest dog in the world, he's a pitbull/chow chow mix.

All I can see is a lion with a pit bull face.

My girlfriend's husky is probably the most beautiful dog I've ever seen, but my trusty ol' 15 year old golden/black lab mix is still kicking.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Lunar, I gotta know.... did all the other members of OotA meet in an intro to philosophy class?
I took a lot philosophy in college and that's how these guys all seem to talk like haha.

HAha they are pretty skilled with their wording eh?

[quote] I work as paramedic in Las Vegas. not much else to know about me!

Nice! Good to hear im not the only one from Vegas lol, I know the old GM of 6th Pal or w/e was from vegas also

I work a lot and dont have much free time, I work graves (10 hr shifts) here in Vegas in one of the largest data centers in the country. I have a odd hobby i guess you could say, i my free time I Yoyo, now before you knock it and say wtf its a toy that goes up n down, its not! lol I try to collect them, and some that i own are upwards to $130. But i really enjoy it its a bunch of fun. I also play Guitar and just like to chill n watch movies with the g/f. Before i played WoW i was a HUGE COD player, so time to time i go back n play my old games. I recently got Black Ops2, so far its a great game, I usually only play Tuesday Maintenance nights tho haha
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock

That said, I've learned to stay away from online shooters. They absorb more of my time than this one does. Something about trying to get a 3:1 and higher KDR that's just too appealing.

I spent ages getting a 2.5 on blops 1 & mw3, and i raged so hard i started playing wow.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Mw3 hands down was the worst game ever made..
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
^ agreed
Reply Quote
When I'm in the land of AFK I'm usually taking care of a kiddo (thankfully he's a pretty good one that likes to play with his toys and thinks watching WoW is cool...) or trying to avoid my family...which is hard because I work for a family biz. It's great in that I set my own hours so I can raid whenever I want, but bad because it's a heck of alot harder when your boss is your family, and your family is somewhat dysfunctional.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
01/06/2013 01:32 AMPosted by Feyranna
When I'm in the land of AFK I'm usually taking care of a kiddo (thankfully he's a pretty good one that likes to play with his toys and thinks watching WoW is cool...) or trying to avoid my family...which is hard because I work for a family biz. It's great in that I set my own hours so I can raid whenever I want, but bad because it's a heck of alot harder when your boss is your family, and your family is somewhat dysfunctional.

Merica!!!!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

I like reading, mainly epic fantasy series. (Kindles are awesome)
I'm currently Reading the 3rd book of "The Malazan Book of the Fallen"
(Amazing epic tale BTW, I recommend it.)

I love board games.
Somestimes it's Hard to get enough people willing to play though.

I play stratgey games, simlator games, and RPG/Action games on my PC.

When I'm really bored, I like using a WPE to cheat on simulators/strategy games (singleplayer) and just be GOD.

I love going to conventions, Launch parties, etc with a costume if possible.

If my brother is in town, we go fishing or rowing.

I also do a lot of "window shopping" online for computer parts and peripherals.
(We all do this, don't deny it :P )
Reply Quote
01/05/2013 10:49 PMPosted by Lunardoom
The threads have been kinda gloomy lately.

Sorry for contributing to this, Lun! I really need to keep these things to myself.. I write when I'm half asleep.

01/05/2013 11:07 PMPosted by Clark

Kind of a counter to my previous post, but I guess no harm:

Sounds really lame, but I like walking and taking pictures of people/sceneries on windy days (not so much these days since the winter winds eat my face) - don't report me, please; I don't stalk anyone.
I'm still a newb to photography, but a friend of mine has really been dragging me into it. His work is STUNNING and makes my eyes melt. Though.. the equipment for the shoots of his level are crazy expensive.. I'm still saving up : /

Other than that, for the moment: watching old movies, collecting good music - into electro-ambient stuff these days, dealing with annoying people I call friends, etc.

WoW is the only game I play at the moment, with the occasional Marvel vs. Capcom/Soul Calibur games during casual get-togethers. Haven't delved deep into a console game since Battlefield 3 & Heavy Rain.

I also do a lot of "window shopping" online for computer parts and peripherals.
(We all do this, don't deny it :P )

I'm terrible with computers.. I just play on them.

01/05/2013 11:41 PMPosted by Ilych

I'll answer this for you since Lun skipped the question (oh wait.. nevermind, he didn't): no.

I really "talk" like what you've seen when I write... believe it or not.
Edited by Bøyblunder on 1/6/2013 6:24 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
I like to obsess over my cat in my free time. She is my favorite. I also enjoy raising kittens. My work gets a lot of abandoned animals and whenever we get a 2-3 day old kitten I always end up with them.

There's always Magic the Gathering to entertain and recently I am being made to catch up on all the games I missed out on (because I wasn't allowed to play video games growing up), so I am playing through Secret of Mana.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
01/06/2013 03:00 AMPosted by Victarion

(Kindles are awesome)

This! I love to read. I'm very much into music, especially alternative. One of my favorite things to do is go to concerts. I also love doing anything outdoors. If it involves water, I'm even more excited. Last year, I went white water rafting and cave diving.
Reply Quote
I am being made to catch up on all the games I missed out on (because I wasn't allowed to play video games growing up).

You are not alone! Also I'm pretty good at raising orphaned babies too, although I prefer squirrels and bunnies to cats.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
I usually prefer wildlife too. But ever since I got my cat as a day old kitten and raised her, I've been rather fond of raising kittens as well.

Also, where I live currently does not allow you to raise wildlife without a permit. =(
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I love animals.

Everything except squirrels.

They chew on my house, they deserve to die.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]