Farming Nightmares - Share Your Pics

100 Tauren Warrior
Howdy y'all... Farmer Cabbagemoon here just wantin' to share a purdy pic of just another craptacular day on my farm.

Scarecrow don't scare, plow don't steer and I got's tiny varmin with more HP than a 10 ton Dustback Mushan. It's a crazy world I be livin' in.

http://i48.tinypic.com/21jt8c7.png
Reply Quote
80 Troll Rogue
LOL excellent. Days like that are why I only do farming on my main. She's a demonology warlock. I activate all the pests and blow all my cooldowns on imps and the infernal, etc. I have one melee character (a rogue) with a farm and got good and tired of it with his dinky 4 plot farm.

I feel your pain.

/pat Cabbagemoon
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
You are an Arms warrior for crying out loud. Blow em all up with SS/BS and profit.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
Head over to the PTR forums and check out the upcomming 5.2 patch notes. Or you can do a net search for "wow 5.2 patch notes".
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
I just planted 8 crops and the first 4 in a row were "wild." can't wait for 5.2

I don't mind the pests as much anymore since I'll just pull them all at once.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
01/07/2013 03:46 PMPosted by Cabbagemoon
http://i48.tinypic.com/21jt8c7.png

looks like my farm on christmas morning.

i was HOPING blizz would give us a REAL christmas present ... no varmint, etc.

but noooooo.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Some days are really great!
http://i48.tinypic.com/2zoxkao.jpg

And then others make you wonder why you didn't spec shadow sooner, and how much you hate plowing.
http://i49.tinypic.com/ngx636.jpg

I swear, they go - OOOHHHHHH A HEALER!!!! VIRMEN FEST!

Annoys the crap out of me. The highest amount of virmen + hawks I've had so far is 22/32... when I was Disc / Holy.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
I didn't bother taking pictures back when I was farming Nightmare Vines. But I do recall dying in a pit of lava after trying to heal from the damage of picking them and quickly switching back to swift flight form on my druid.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Well, today I finally got something to share in this thread. I just stopped by Halfhill to drop off some gifts for the tillers, and noticed...

Why is there a dead body on my farm? :O

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x183/LachlanMc/farmbody_zps87cf855a.jpg
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
01/12/2013 10:48 PMPosted by Icpitl
Why is there a dead body on my farm?

Maybe you planted some Raptorleaf Seed yesterday?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Inushi:
Maybe you planted some Raptorleaf Seed yesterday?

No, I hadn't heard of it. But I hear the phasing system for the farm isn't perfect, so it's possible someone else planted some.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Why is there a dead body on my farm? :O

lol they are trying to frame you! The gnome did it!!!

I have seen some pretty funnny AoE's come through my phase from a paladin's concecrate, might be that!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Looks a lot like my farm yesterday.

16 mounds of dirt after harvest -> 7 occupied
AoE'd all those things, planted a new crop
5 Alluring, 4 Wiggling, 3 Wild, 2 Smothered

I was ready to throw things. I honestly can't farm with my sound on anymore. The sound effects from wiggling and from the screaming virmen just infuriate me, and why the heck can't those damn birds drop in front of me? Why must they always drop behind me and insta-daze me? I truly dislike them on every level.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
there is a reason i stopped useing the farm.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
01/15/2013 12:49 PMPosted by Waggy
there is a reason i stopped useing the farm.

Unfortunately, if you have a LW or BS alt, you cannot, because the farm is the only reliable source of motes of harmony.

Recipies for ilevel 476 items for both professions require, among other things 8 SoH...
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Well, this morning I had to fight something to deal with three-quarters of my crops:

- 4 alluring
- 4 wild
- 4 wiggling
- 2 runty
- 2 tangled

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x183/LachlanMc/FarmNightmare_zps035fcc79.jpg
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
I'm a fury warrior, so it isn't as bad for me, but what I do is this.

1. Collect all my motes
2. Use the auto plow on all the squares, ignoring all the occupied spaces
3. Plant all my plants
4. do the "Non-mob" parts, such as smothered, wild, runty, ect.
5. Activate all mobs in the farm, then BloodStorm and watch them die.
6. Repeat steps 2 through 5

Doing this method I tend to only get 1 or 2 extra mobs every 3-4 days, normally I get smothered or runty when I do replant all my stuff.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Also wanted to point this out, from the 5.2 notes:

Sunsong Ranch
- Seed bags have been added that allow planting of crops 4 plots at a time.
- Yoon's Mailbox has been renamed to Sunsong Ranch Mailbox.
- The yield from special crops has been improved to make farming them competitive with gathering these items out in the world.
- Running the Master Plow across underground Virmen will cause them to pop out of the ground at 30% health and stunned.
- Wild Crops will now occur less often.

These all look great. Anyone have any stats on what the special crop yield increase is?
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
01/09/2013 02:37 PMPosted by Parisoftroy
I just planted 8 crops and the first 4 in a row were "wild." can't wait for 5.2

And, if you are from Arizona, and currently on your 4th week (or is it 5th?) of incredible latency, wild crops basically cannot be removed, because you cannot interrupt them. You keep hitting "2", nothing happens, and, when you look at your stack, you are back in the teens, while you need 50 to tame the wild.

Got to the point where, if I cannot hit the quests first thing in the morning, I just don't farm.

Of course, high latency times appear to coincide with the most wild plants appearing...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]