Storm Bolt or Avatar...?

90 Human Warrior
The title says it all, I'm really stuck on choosing between Storm Bolt or Avatar for RBG's/Arena.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
I like stormbolt,more cc means more uptime.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warrior
why have I seen 0 pvp warriors with Bloodbath?

As far as I can tell its a 30% Damage increase that aligns perfectly with PVP trink and deadly calm.

Is there some reason unseen to me that makes it a poorer choice than the other two?

I could see Avatar being king before the nerf, but now it seems like a PoS Wings that is basically a big sign telling opponents to CC/root you.

I like the idea of Stormbolt. Especially if they increase the damage a little. A slightly longer stun would be nice with the nerf to Shockwave
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warrior
01/09/2013 08:13 PMPosted by Nerih
Because you can remove bloodbath, since its a snare as well. which removes everything with it

that would be a problem then;)

and that is !@#$ing stupid as well.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Stormbolt for more control, Avatar for root/snare break and burst. Both great choices, but more or less depends on the situation you usually find yourself in. Ask yourself how you can utilitze them, which classes do you usually play with that they can complement well with.

Example: Stormbolt will give great uptime against targets that can kite you very well. Like frostmages and hunters.

Avatar can well do a !@#$load of damage for a quick kill you decide.

Bloodbath is better off for pve imo just because of gear bonus for sustained damage.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I usually run a Frost mage + Me, so I'll definitely try out Storm Bolt for it. But would I use Avatar for a 3's team comp of Arms Warrior + Ret Pally + Resto Druid, or Arms Warrior + Frost Mage + Resto Druid?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
Because you can remove bloodbath, since its a snare as well. which removes everything with it

that would be a problem then;)

and that is !@#$ing stupid as well.

I don't think that is correct. I just tested it on my pally buddy--I activated BB, MS'd him, and had him hand of freedom. He was able to move at full speed again, but the BB DoT was still on him and doing damage. /shrug

Edit: At any rate, BB is also damage over several seconds as well, which is less suitable than up front damage for landing a kill in a tight situation. BB is perhaps the best of the three for random BGs though, since it lines up with the trinket and the control from SB / upfront damage of Avatar are more of a luxury instead of a necessity.
Edited by Luna on 1/11/2013 12:42 AM PST
Reply Quote
Go Avatar. While Bloodbath is neat for the 1 minute pressure line up with the on use it's really not that amazing and you can rarely stack it to any meaningful damage.

Avatar is just simply better because it's more burst and can be used to break roots. It means that when your mage bursts, you burst. And because mage burst can be easily countered it makes you even more important.

Storm Bolt could be useful but you have 2 other teamates, a mage and an Rdruid. They can cover the Focus CC or you can with a focus Warbringer stun and then leap back to the kill target.
Edited by Yossarion on 1/11/2013 12:45 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]