lowering the vendor price of shoulder chants

100 Human Warlock
Please can we lower the vendor price of shoulder chants? they cost a fortune just to list on the AH because they vendor for so much :(
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I think it's kind of dumb it's based on vendor price to begin with.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
If the vendor price of shoulder enchants is lowered, they'll end up like glyphs, where you have to constantly cancel and relist your auctions in order to make any sales. Personally I'd be fine with that, but I'm not sure if everyone else would like it.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
There is a market for shoulder enchants?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
There is on the weekends. I sell maybe 10 or so a week.
Reply Quote
91 Human Paladin
01/10/2013 05:12 AMPosted by Icpitl
If the vendor price of shoulder enchants is lowered, they'll end up like glyphs, where you have to constantly cancel and relist your auctions in order to make any sales. Personally I'd be fine with that, but I'm not sure if everyone else would like it.

Aren't shoulder enchants tied to Incription? I'd think anybody who wasn't fine with that model would have given up on making money as a scribe long ago.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
Aren't shoulder enchants tied to Inscription? I'd think anybody who wasn't fine with that model would have given up on making money as a scribe long ago.

Still plenty of gold to be made with DMC, I just gave up reposting 800+ glyphs every freaking day. Not sure how people can stand canceling those auctions and then reposting AGAIN.
Reply Quote
80 Human Warlock
01/10/2013 01:20 PMPosted by Jozie
Aren't shoulder enchants tied to Inscription? I'd think anybody who wasn't fine with that model would have given up on making money as a scribe long ago.

Still plenty of gold to be made with DMC, I just gave up reposting 800+ glyphs every freaking day. Not sure how people can stand canceling those auctions and then reposting AGAIN.

Add-ons making it nearly full automation makes it easy.

Also downvote OPs idea is bad. I need the shoulder chants to have a high vendor price.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Moncrief:
Aren't shoulder enchants tied to Incription? I'd think anybody who wasn't fine with that model would have given up on making money as a scribe long ago.

Which is why I have no problem with it. :D I'm just saying, other people might.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
01/10/2013 01:34 PMPosted by Integrazwei
Add-ons making it nearly full automation makes it easy.

Oh, I was using TSM and Postal. But I was wasting so much time still, sitting there waiting for the mail to refresh, hitting my mouse key over and over (yes, I could have macro'd it to my scroll). Definitely not for everyone.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
You can alt tab and wait for your mail to refresh and TSM to scan as long as you have WoW set to windowed mode.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Like Gems in the last XPac, I expect the Shoulder Enchants to have their vendor prices reduced to stop people from Millbotting and crafting a bunch of shoulder enchants to vendor. @ 18g 75s ea, over a mass amount crafted. The amount of gold brought into the game is pretty insane. If it's not in the upcoming patch, I anticipate a hotfix.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
How would that be profitable? Even if the price of herbs dropped to 1g each (currently around 2g each on most servers), It would take 60g worth of herbs to make 1 shoulder enchant.

The reason it was a problem with gems is that they were vendoring for more than the cost of the mats.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
I'm talking about the rare shoulder enchants, and you can easily make enough for profit. I know people who do this shuffle and make large quantities of gold doing so.
Reply Quote
you have no idea what you are talking about. ^^

you think that the vendor price of shoulder enchants should be lower to not make money.. that has nothing to do with the real problem.

which is that PEOPLE undercut eachother to below saleprice points.

example.

I use windwool cloth to make something. that something can be vendored to a vendor for money.

someone gives away 20 stacks of windwool cloth for 1 gold for a stack of 20.

well using your fail logic, I guess ANYTHING that can be crafted from windwool cloth that vendors more than a gold is now a shuffle and it should be nerfed because the economy of windwool is too low.

that is your argument.

how about instead of lowering the vendor price you UP the price of the herbs.

or if you were smart.. you would buy ALL herbs under 34.50g and resell them for 35g+
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
There is a simple way to deal with extreme undercutters... two actually....

1) Buy out their items and relist at a higher price. You will end up making money on their work this way. Best for low demand items, low volume items.

2) Simply price your items at a higher amount. If there is demand, they will still sell. I usually list Golden Lotus (yes, not shoulder enchants, it is an example) for 65 gold. I do this whether someone listed a couple dozen at 40 gold or not. Mine still sell within 24 hours. Always. I do the same with gems and sometimes with glyphs with successful outcomes.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Also downvote OPs idea is bad. I need the shoulder chants to have a high vendor price.

Why do you need that? So you can corner a market for yourself? That is a pretty bad reason for the game as a whole.
Reply Quote
04/18/2013 04:17 PMPosted by Flopsyhunt

Why do you need that? So you can corner a market for yourself? That is a pretty bad reason for the game as a whole.

I don't know if this has been changed, but previously it was profitable to mill a bunch of herbs, use the ink of dreams to make shoulder enchants and vendor them, and use Starlight ink for whatever else. I suspect this is what he's doing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]