What item is this filling mana so fast?

26 Draenei Hunter
So I was watching this Disc healer challenge mode who was using an item that turns them into a big glob of hard amber which would fill up his mana very fast. Unfortunately I can't read anything in the video because it's in Korean :(

Any idea what it is?

He uses it around 6:48

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLeNN8MBbJg
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Restorative Amber
I believe that's it. It functions like normal food, but DOES have a super-fast mana restore. Sadly not usable in combat.

EDIT:I now remember why i stopped using them. That 10g price point adds up really quickly, and they're not essential unless you're doing challenge mode or have a REALLY impatient tank.
Edited by Wormhole on 1/13/2013 8:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
26 Draenei Hunter
Restorative Amber
I believe that's it. It functions like normal food, but DOES have a super-fast mana restore. Sadly not usable in combat.

EDIT:I now remember why i stopped using them. That 10g price point adds up really quickly, and they're not essential unless you're doing challenge mode or have a REALLY impatient tank.

Much Appreciated. Ty!
Reply Quote
Restorative Amber

But that's 150,000 mana over 20 seconds, I thought the regular food regened food at 300,000 over 30 seconds, wouldn't level 90 food be faster?
Reply Quote
26 Draenei Hunter
Restorative Amber

But that's 150,000 mana over 20 seconds, I thought the regular food regened food at 300,000 over 30 seconds, wouldn't level 90 food be faster?

Someone made a comment on the Damage Dealer forums that they think its the same item but that ours doesn't restore nearly as much mana and as fast as the one in the video....

That'd be pretty insane/unfair if theirs was much more advanced.
Edited by Archimae on 1/13/2013 8:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
How old is the video? I believe it might be restorative amber, however it did get nerfed a bit back so that it was closer to normal food.
Reply Quote
26 Draenei Hunter
01/13/2013 08:46 AMPosted by Leblue
How old is the video? I believe it might be restorative amber, however it did get nerfed a bit back so that it was closer to normal food.

Says uploaded Dec 8.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
when you start drinking mage food it starts out slower (in terms of the mana it gives) and ramps up as you continue to drink it, for a total of 300k after 30 seconds. this change was put into place a long time ago to prevent healers from spamming a drink macro to get quick ticks of drinking off. Think of it as the first few seconds of drinking mage water to be "dead" and not doing much.
With the amber this effect is not in place, allowing for more of a "frontload" of mana. This is important because in a CM if you are going to go for any sort of time, you will never have the opportunity to sit and drink for 20+ seconds
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
the reason why is the tooltip is incorrect. its only a 10 second duration (not 20) so expect super fast regen from it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
01/13/2013 10:10 AMPosted by Gardiff
the reason why is the tooltip is incorrect. its only a 10 second duration (not 20) so expect super fast regen from it.

It is this, and they are really nice for CM as they also can't be broken by combat.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]