What comes in the Battle Chest?

(Locked)

90 Blood Elf Warlock
I added the Battle Chest to my cart last night to see how much it cost ($9.95) and then couldn't figure out what games came with it. I know I'd need Classic, TBC, WotLK, Cataclysm, and MoP.

Would I need to buy the Battle Chest AND buy Mists of Pandaria to be up-to-date?

If I only purchased the Battle Chest, would I lost my Pandaren Hunter?
90 Pandaren Mage
The Battle Chest comes with base WoW, Burning Crusade, and Wrath of the Lich King. You would only need Cata and MoP to be current.

You would not lose your panda hunter, as all races are available to all expansion levels now. The only things you cannot do without MoP are:

-create a monk
-explore Pandaria
-level to 90

And obviously without Cataclysm, you could not experience the things released with that expansion, including leveling past 80.
Edited by Trehtik on 1/14/2013 12:00 AM PST
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I would seriously only be paying $10 for those three? Wow. Good deal! Isn't the first month free as well?

Also, thank you for your timely reply!
90 Pandaren Mage
I would seriously only be paying $10 for those three? Wow. Good deal! Isn't the first month free as well?

Also, thank you for your timely reply!

Yup. You get a month free with the Battle Chest, but NOT when you decide to buy Cataclysm and MoP. Only the base game comes with a month, not the expansions.

d(^_^)b

Do you have any friends that currently play WoW? I suggest checking out the Refer-a-Friend program.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/recruit-a-friend-faq
Edited by Trehtik on 1/14/2013 12:02 AM PST
60 Troll Hunter
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1965841807

This also might be helpful
90 Blood Elf Warlock
[quote=]

Yup. You get a month free with the Battle Chest, but NOT when you decide to buy Cataclysm and MoP. Only the base game comes with a month, not the expansions.

d(^_^)b

Do you have any friends that currently play WoW? I suggest checking out the Refer-a-Friend program.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/recruit-a-friend-faq[/quote]

Oh thank you so much for your help! This game has been a sanity saver while I've been stuck in a hotel with two children for the past 2 weeks (2 more to go!)! But I'm leveling quickly don't want to get stuck at lvl 20.
90 Blood Elf Warlock
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1965841807

This also might be helpful
thank you so much!!
i need to make a small edit: you can make any race even panda but you cannot enter pandaria without the actual expansion.
55 Night Elf Hunter
Hi, im still a little confused about all this. when i log into my battle net account i had the option to get the 10 day free cata trail. i only have 1 more day and it is telling me that i can get the cata battle chest...what exactly comes with the battle chest? will i have to buy MoP or does it come with it? and if so, what expansions come with the cata battle chest?
100 Blood Elf Warlock
You're level 44 meaning you don't want (or need) a battle chest.
To be fully upgraded you would need to purchase Cataclysm and Mists.
Note, none of the expansions come with any game time.

Cata will allow you to fly in the 'old' world and level to 85.
Mists opens the Monk class, the continent of Pandaria and allows you to level to 90.

Even though this thread is only a few weeks old you'd be better off in the future starting your own thread if you have a question that needs a specific answer.
1 Draenei Mage
that's weird, since yesterday it cost me twice that to add to my battle.net account, and I don't understand how to select a "server" unless that's player lingo for realm, regardless I can't find one called Area 52. 8(
Edited by Calistiaa on 2/5/2013 10:38 AM PST
10 Dwarf Paladin
does the battle chest come with 2 downloadable discs or 3

You can choose to buy the digital copy for only like $5 which is fantastic! If it comes with a free month and both the games I'd be very happy.

I'm speaking as a starter edition account atm so if you are not that, than I really don't know. I notice you're level 10 so I'm just figuring....

Edit- To answer your question, 3 discs with 1 authentication.
Edited by Desimar on 6/11/2013 12:03 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Do not use the discs to install the game.

If you're upgrading a Starter account that you're already playing on, simply add the codes to your account management. Everyone uses the same client now.

If you don't already have the game installed, go here: https://us.battle.net/account/management/download/ and download the game client for your system.

[Locked for thread necromancy]
Edited by Jurannok on 6/11/2013 2:27 PM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]