Paladin Seals

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Seal of Truth
Seal of Righteousness
Seal of Justice
Seal of Insight

SoR and SoJ seems pretty useless to me. Is SoR even used in pve? SoR isn't necessary for flags. SoJ only on melee? I swear it worked off of judgment before. SoJ especially bugs me all for just a snare.

I just don't think these seals are worth it aside from Insight. Maybe Truth for the dot, but to switch seals just for that? Not really.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
SoR is near-useless even for PvE. It's almost always preferable to stick with Truth, and just roll Censure on multiple targets. And for what it's worth, Censure is a non-trivial source of damage (~10% of our total) for PvE.

Seal of Justice is for people who don't want to take Burden of Guilt.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
SoR is near-useless even for PvE. It's almost always preferable to stick with Truth, and just roll Censure on multiple targets. And for what it's worth, Censure is a non-trivial source of damage (~10% of our total) for PvE.

Seal of Justice is for people who don't want to take Burden of Guilt.

Surely for ret, prot truth is good. Not so much for holy if just for dot.

Burden works off of judgment. SoJ doesn't. HUGE difference and also a big dps loss just for a snare.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Every expansion seals are changed, and every expansion they're totally uninteresting. Might want to make them like stances, presences, etc.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
The old Seal of Justice was so much better than the new one. Even though it wasn't a slow, it allowed us to keep people from escaping when they ran by mounted, or druids from just simply shift spamming. The new one is just lousy, but they cant make it proc from ranged attacks else it would make burden of guilt totally pointless... then again maybe they should have come up with a different talent and just left SoJ as a ranged snare.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Also, it would be nice if the seals were on their own global like warrior stances are. Its sometimes difficult to seal swap in the heat of battle when you actually need.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
01/15/2013 01:33 AMPosted by Positron
Burden works off of judgment. SoJ doesn't. HUGE difference and also a big dps loss just for a snare.

Sure, definitely. I favor Burden myself. Some people prefer Fist of Justice; SoJ is for them.

Truth does seem kinda lame for Holy, but I'm not sure there's any way to make a melee-based stacking DoT not suck for a caster spec.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Truth sucks for Holy, Insight sucks for Ret, Justice is Ret-only, and Righteousness sucks for everyone.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Justice sucks for ret though. When are you realistically going to switch to that for a massive dps loss and a gcd or two for a snare outside demos in that stupid bg?

Aside from pvp, it's nearly useless in pve.

These seals need a revamp. They get rid of auras which I kind of liked and felt paladin-y. Maybe combine both and make it worthwhile to actually switch.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
01/15/2013 03:58 AMPosted by Hafleur
Truth sucks for Holy, Insight sucks for Ret, Justice is Ret-only, and Righteousness sucks for everyone.

I would not say insight sucks for ret. It sucks for doing damage, but it can really be a life saver when you are taking excess damage.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I mostly just use justice vs druids when it feels like they'd try to run away, it's mostly instinctive seal swaps.
Edited by Blazeyheart on 1/15/2013 10:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
For holy

Insight - our base seal for healing

Righteousness - Swap to this and crusader strike to AoE flag caps in BGs

Justice - Would be useful, but holy doesn't get this seal

Truth - Worthless. Given to holy apparently to make sure we don't get the more useful SoJ.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/15/2013 10:03 AMPosted by Halfcalf
I would not say insight sucks for ret. It sucks for doing damage, but it can really be a life saver when you are taking excess damage.

Often you'll save your life better by using SoJ. Or by staying on the offensive with SoT. Or by using the mana you woulda spent switching seals on Flash of Light.

I think a lot of the time Rets switch to Insight it's actually not helping them like they think. And even when it does, Insight is still ultra situational. Classes have enough abilities at this point that these types of abilities shouldn't exist.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Insight - Tanking & Healing

Truth - Ret

...yeah purty much it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/15/2013 10:52 AMPosted by Blazeyheart
I mostly just use justice vs druids when it feels like they'd try to run away, it's mostly instinctive seal swaps.

They can shapeshift and displacer or sprint. I don't see how useful it is.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]