Blinding Light in 5.2

100 Human Paladin
Supposedly has a 1.8 second cast time and you have to be standing still? Thanks Ghostcralwer for the nerf
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
only for holy paladins :D
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
MMO Champions never differentiated between Ret and Holy
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
01/16/2013 02:04 PMPosted by Agincourt

If you had actually bothered to read the blue post displayed on MMO you would see that they did.

But you just rushed here as fast as you could to have something else to scream about didn't you?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Ret is only getting buffs next patch, just a few healing buffs but still buffs none the less.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
They probably tied the cast time removal to Sword of Light/Guarded by the Light, but since the 50% buff to Flash of Light isn't in yet, they obviously haven't been updated.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
01/16/2013 02:45 PMPosted by Keten
They probably tied the cast time removal to Sword of Light/Guarded by the Light, but since the 50% buff to Flash of Light isn't in yet, they obviously haven't been updated.

No. They added a cast time for holy paladins because they felt holy paladins had too much CC.

And this in regards to the original the world is ending post;

If you had actually bothered to read the blue post displayed on MMO you would see that they did.

But you just rushed here as fast as you could to have something else to scream about didn't you?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Its a nerf to holy only, and they say it is a nerf to our cc chain ability, but it is actually only a nerf against healer defense.

Holy will not be able to use this when being trained by melee. However, I will still use it in cc chains. If someone takes full HoJ and repentance, I will definitely cast BL on them as well because that spell serves no other purpose once the defense use has been removed. The CD will be available.
Edited by Tenacius on 1/16/2013 4:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Lol that Agincourt guy must like search google everday for paladin nerfs haha. If there is a nerf or a rumor of one that guy is in the forums like BAM, MORE NERFS GUYS BLIZZARD BE HATING. Lol. I love this class, and I love you too agin. I have mostly been lurking, but sometimes your pessimism leads to some good stuff haha.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
No. They added a cast time for holy paladins because they felt holy paladins had too much CC.

And this in regards to the original the world is ending post;

What Keten means is, they haven't added the cast time for Holy and the cast time removal for Ret/Prot, but the way they're probably going to implement it is through Sword of Light's passive for Ret (and possibly Guarded by the Light for Prot). He didn't say they weren't going through with it.

And obviously, PTR hasn't updated to reflect any of this yet.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
01/16/2013 02:15 PMPosted by Cadenbrie

Actually, I read the latest post on MMO which said:

Paladin:
"Blinding Light Emits a dazzling light in all directions, blinding enemies within 10 yards, causing them to wander disoriented for 6 sec. 8% of Base Mana. Instant. 2 min cooldown. 1.8 sec cast. 2 min cooldown."

They didn't differeinetae and last I looked Rets are Paladins
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
You're a funny guy Agin

From the Crabhammer himself

01/14/2013 09:08 PMPosted by Ghostcrawler
- Blinding Light has a 1.8 sec cast for Holy only. We think Holy's CC chains are too strong at the moment, but we don't think Ret or Prot need the nerf.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7593740975?page=15#299
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Why is it funny? I go to MMO Champs and it says Paladin, didnt think I had to turn this into a research project cause I dont follow GC. I only read what MMO posts.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
01/16/2013 04:34 PMPosted by Agincourt
Why is it funny? I go to MMO Champs and it says Paladin, didnt think I had to turn this into a research project cause I dont follow GC. I only read what MMO posts.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/3084-Green-Fire-Quests-Voidbinders-Removed-in-5-2-PTR-Class-Balance-Blue-Posts-Comic

Then why did you not see this same exact quote posted on yesterday's news?
Edited by Paladinchaz on 1/16/2013 4:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Look at it this way, it gives ret a utility for RBGs that holy doesn't have </sarcasm>
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
01/16/2013 04:37 PMPosted by Paladinchaz

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/3084-Green-Fire-Quests-Voidbinders-Removed-in-5-2-PTR-Class-Balance-Blue-Posts-Comic

Then why did you not see this same exact quote posted on yesterday's news?
Because I didnt' look at yesterday's news? I copied and pasted what was on the sight
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
01/16/2013 04:39 PMPosted by Agincourt
Because I didnt' look at yesterday's news? I copied and pasted what was on the sight

That post is still on the front page of MMO-Champ Agin...
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
01/16/2013 04:40 PMPosted by Paladinchaz

That post is still on the front page of MMO-Champ Agin...
Ok man, you are relentless and you win. All my fault and you can cut my head off. Happy now?
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
Sounds like Holy Paladins got the Frost DK treatment.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/16/2013 02:43 PMPosted by Halfcalf
Ret is only getting buffs next patch, just a few healing buffs but still buffs none the less.

As far as I'm concerned Ret only really needs healing buffs.

Our burst is absolutely insane and requires no setup short of a button press. We're not fishing for burst like some classes.

Could our sustained DPS be better? Definitely, but I don't think it needs to be when you factor in that we aren't a Warrior/DK/Feral/Rogue; we're Paladins.

We have burst when we need it, utility when others need it, and (soon enough) heals when we need them.

01/16/2013 05:32 PMPosted by Serrias
Sounds like Holy Paladins got the Frost DK treatment.

I thought the same thing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]