When do I use Spirit Shell?

Healing dungeons I'm more frantically healing aoe damage and I never know when I feel like I should use Spirit Shell. I feel like if I start using it that when someone starts actually taking a lot of damage and I'll end up wiping the group or something.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Use it during a boss fight when you know preventable damage will be coming out. Use it if the tank pulls more than he/she can handle and lost aggro. Use it if you feel you need it. It's on a 1 minute CD, so don't feel like you will be wasting it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Spirit Shell works better in a raid than in a dungeon setting. A good place to use SS, however, would be the second boss of Temple of the Jade Serpent (peril and strife?), just before Sha of Doubt goes immune and summons the adds, during the last fight in Mogu'shan Palace, during the 3rd phase of the Gu Cloudstrike fight in SPM, possibly at the start of the Sha of Violence fight, and you can probably also fit it in for several other places.

However, people should not be taking massive AOE damage. If they're taking massive AOE damage, they're standing in stuff they should not be standing in. Tell them to stop.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
I always use it right before I need to go refill my coffee.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/17/2013 04:36 PMPosted by Medeyn
I always use it right before I need to go refill my coffee.

It must be difficult using Spirit Shell when you don't have a Disc spec. :)
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Once a minute! I really would like them to make it a 2 - 3 minute cooldown and give disc another form of aoe healing outside of cascade/PoH/PoM. At 1 minute it just comes off way too powerful and I don't feel that blizzard should just nerf it a ton until it's more appropriate for a 1 minute cooldown but that's more likely imo.
Reply Quote
75 Undead Priest
every 1 minute. it really helps conserve mana.
Reply Quote
Doesn't it cost mana to make a spirit shell bubble on someone?

Like when I use spirit shell, I also activate inner focus and spam prayer of healing (so everyone has a sick bubble). Or sometimes I use greater heal and it only goes up to 90k.

I thought I still was using mana though? Also, this makes people panic because they think they aren't getting healed.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Knowing the fights is when spirit shell really shines especially when there is burst damage coming up. I use it a lot in 5 mans but I'd have to think on all the situations. A few I can think of off the top of my head are Chillheart in Scholo when the books are all flying around and absorb pretty much 100% of the damage, I use it on Jandice when she splits into a million copies, I TRY to get it going on Lilian before the fire trails, I use it on Sha of Doubt when the spirits come out, etc.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Priest
Dont worry.......u wont need to use it soon. You will have a buffed penance and a crazy 3man Binding heal =O
Edited by Razzaa on 1/18/2013 6:33 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]