Mistweavers - Enveloping Mist and Haste

80 Human Priest
How much haste do you need to get two extra ticks on Enveloping Mist?

I know 8.5% haste gets you to 7 ticks on Enveloping Mist but how much haste gets you to 8 ticks?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
we lost the MW sticky (ultimately a good thing since it was outdated and the OP has not posted since the first few weeks of MoP), in which I had posted the haste breakpoints needed for 5.1

I couldn't find the numbers over on elitistjerks.com anymore (they're buried in the MW Compendium thread *somewhere*) so I headed over to another healer resource I was directed to the other day when looking into resto shammy:

http://www.totemspot.com/vb/entry.php?b=41

scroll down the page until you find the green box with the Mistweaver haste info in it.

Looks like you need 24.92% haste, which means 8,064 if you have the +5% spell haste raid buff (and 10,592 is you don't have the spell haste raid buff).

I don't know of any Mistweavers who are gearing for that threshhold; itemization points past the 3,145 RM threshhold are better thrown into Crit.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
The number is 5378 in tiger stance (I believe your 24.92% number is wrong though since my char sheet shows 19.01% when I'm not in a party at that point).

Personally I like it, I tend to use env a lot more than uplift and I generally don't have mana issues but then my raid isn't pushing heroic content either.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
hmmmmm, not good (the discrepancy of the totemspot resource vs your numbers).

Are you certain you're getting the 8th tick? Like, you can go to your WoL parses and take a look at your healing breakdowns & see that 8th tick, or get a friend who can provide the 5% haste buff to stand with you so you can check the ticks via your combat log??

If so, I'm a sadpanda that yet another healer resource is being spottily-maintained :(
Reply Quote
80 Human Priest
i found it in the forums on EJ..

The break point for 8th tick is 5378 haste in Tiger Stance. Which is nice because that should be reachable next season in pvp.
Reply Quote
Just curious, why are you guys specifying in Tiger Stance? I thought you couldn't even cast your heals outside of Serpent Stance.
Edited by Flintte on 1/7/2013 7:36 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/07/2013 07:36 AMPosted by Flintte
Just curious, why are you guys specifying in Tiger Stance? I thought you couldn't even cast your heals outside of Serpent Stance.

In serpent stance, it's all skewed because their rating is multiplied by 1.5 for haste. so it's easier and less of a PiTA to reforge in tiger stance.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
01/07/2013 07:36 AMPosted by Flintte

The reason is because it aids in reforging to know the amount in tiger since the healer stance increases the haste and isn't show on the armory or on most reforging tools currently.
Reply Quote
Makes sense. Thanks for the explanations.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]