Hunter - Pet Management Macro

98 Pandaren Hunter
I posted this in the hunter forums, but thought I would post here as well. Just looking for some help with an old macro.

I'm trying to use an old macro I saw on WHU site... but some things aren't working right. I would definitely like to be able to use it, so if someone could help me with it I would really appreciate it. (not so good with macros)

Here's the macro:

/cast [nomod,nopet]Call Pet 5
/cast [nomod,target=pet,dead]Revive Pet
/cast [nomod,pet,nomod,button:1]Mend Pet
/cast [nomod,pet,nomod,button:2]Dismiss Pet

I think there are too many "nomod" statements in there... and I can't seem to get the modifiers to work (i.e., Button1/2). So the basic premise is: if there's no pet, call pet 5; otherwise, if pet is dead, revive pet. But, if pet is out and alive, cast Mend Pet. I'd also like to be able to mouse over my pet and dismiss it with the right-mouse button. Don't know if all this is possible, though.

Thanks in advance!
Reply Quote
I posted this in the hunter forums, but thought I would post here as well. Just looking for some help with an old macro.

I'm trying to use an old macro I saw on WHU site... but some things aren't working right. I would definitely like to be able to use it, so if someone could help me with it I would really appreciate it. (not so good with macros)

Here's the macro:

/cast [nomod,nopet]Call Pet 5
/cast [nomod,target=pet,dead]Revive Pet
/cast [nomod,pet,nomod,button:1]Mend Pet
/cast [nomod,pet,nomod,button:2]Dismiss Pet

I think there are too many "nomod" statements in there... and I can't seem to get the modifiers to work (i.e., Button1/2). So the basic premise is: if there's no pet, call pet 5; otherwise, if pet is dead, revive pet. But, if pet is out and alive, cast Mend Pet. I'd also like to be able to mouse over my pet and dismiss it with the right-mouse button. Don't know if all this is possible, though.

Thanks in advance!

- You have no modifiers in the macro, all the nomod conditons are useless.
- [button:#] is not a modifier. It refers to which mouse button you used to click the macro on your action bar. Keybinds default to button:1
- Keep in mind, if your pet is dead, but the corpse had despawned, then the revive pet condition will be false. Most hunter macros use a modifier to override this.

/use [mod:alt][@pet,dead]Revive Pet; [pet,btn:2]Dismiss Pet; [pet] Mend Pet; Call Pet 5
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]