Purge of Dalaran

90 Night Elf Druid
So I just completed part of the achievement Shieldwall: Purge of Dalaran.... Now, I want to know two things:

1. If anyone think the horde will be welcome back in Dalaran one day?

2. I watched the Horde version of the achievement and I remember someone told Lor'themar Theron he would make a nice Warchieft. Do you think he will replace Garrosh?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Does nobody even bother to look at older threads on a topic they're about to bring up..?
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
01/05/2013 05:49 PMPosted by Thunder
Does nobody even bother to look at older threads on a topic they're about to bring up..?

Rude much?

Anyway...

01/05/2013 05:47 PMPosted by Drcornbread

Very doubtful.

2. I watched the Horde version of the achievement and I remember someone told Lor'themar Theron he would make a nice Warchieft. Do you think he will replace Garrosh?

Another thing I find doubtful. I think a council will be more likely than a Warchief at this point. Just check out other threads and you'll see what I mean.
Reply Quote
As Grimtale said, doubtful that the Horde will be allowed back in Dalaran.

As for the Lor'themar part, they're probably just trying to push the mystery of the next Warchief by making another possible candidate, but in the end he very likely won't be.
Reply Quote
1. Maybe.

2. No.
Reply Quote

Might be possible, but not probable. I'd say slim to no chances.

I kinda doubt that. I'm pretty sure it was mentionned that Thrall was coming back in power.
Edited by Aeliren on 1/5/2013 6:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
58 Undead Death Knight
1. No.

2. Maybe.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
1. No

2. No
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock

1. Ideally, no.

In all likelihood, probably.

2. No. Lor'themar cares solely for his own people and was quite willing to abandon the Horde.

Vol'jin is the only one who could actually be a Warchief and improve the Horde.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
hmmm, completed the quest line and destroyed the bell. then went to darlarian and its the same as if nothing happened. so yea, same ol same ol.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
01/05/2013 07:28 PMPosted by Tessa
Vol'jin is the only one who could actually be a Warchief and improve the Horde.

In what way? Why does he have any credibility?
Edited by Cbredbeard on 1/6/2013 5:02 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage

1) Probably not, and it's not like this is exactly bad for the Horde. Possible exception being for Horde players through Northrend, Dalaran became useless for the Horde at the start of Cata. I see no reason why they should ever want to go back.

Particularly because I think making Jaina follow in her old man's footsteps and go mad against everyone, Horde AND Alliance, and turning Dalaran into a scenario/raid to take her down would be the best thing they could do for it. That, of course, is just my opinion. :)

2) Could happen, but I doubt it. No one knows who the next "warchief" is going to be. My best guess is that it will be Thrall again, even though I hope not since Garrosh is his mistake more than anyone else's. He really doesn't have much right to that seat anymore.

IMO the ideal warchief would either be Rexxar or that one orc wench we help to overthrow her maniacal sister in Grizzly Hills (forgot her name).
Reply Quote
Egh, I came here before doing that quest chain. I've got achievements I haven't completed in Dalaran yet, I'm not going to finish the quest chain.

Dalaran is the best city so far, a shame to be booted from it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Egh, I came here before doing that quest chain. I've got achievements I haven't completed in Dalaran yet, I'm not going to finish the quest chain.

Dalaran is the best city so far, a shame to be booted from it.

It doesn't affect Dalaran in Northrend at all. Your Wrath achievements will be safe.
Reply Quote
Wait, what? So actual Dalaran is left entirely unchanged, all of the Horde NPCs will still be there?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
02/06/2013 06:33 PMPosted by Andarrak
Wait, what? So actual Dalaran is left entirely unchanged, all of the Horde NPCs will still be there?

It's in Northrend so yeah you can still go there. Lorewise you can't be there ;)
Reply Quote

So far, CDev has been dropping strong hints that we're returning to status quo antebellum when this expansion ends, so probably. I'd prefer no, but probably.

Lor'themar is even more pro-Blood Elf than Garrosh is pro-Orc, so if he did become Warchief, I think you'd see a lot of unrest from the other races before long. He's likely to get more political power in the Horde, but he won't have the capital with other races to make Warchief.

Vol'jin is almost a shoo-in for the role, especially with his upcoming novel.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
It's actually a good thing, if it goes down this way.

Giving Blood Elves the reigns over "magic" in the Horde makes them more important, and gives them a solid role as the "magic police".

They can be the ones who step in and say "Okay, Orc Warlocks? Stop that. Or we'll stick our Spell Breakers on you."

And best of all, their the only race in the Horde that has opted to let the Light affect their spirituality. Who better to police magic abuse?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
It's actually a good thing, if it goes down this way.

Giving Blood Elves the reigns over "magic" in the Horde makes them more important, and gives them a solid role as the "magic police".

They can be the ones who step in and say "Okay, Orc Warlocks? Stop that. Or we'll stick our Spell Breakers on you."

And best of all, their the only race in the Horde that has opted to let the Light affect their spirituality. Who better to police magic abuse?

HAH! Blood Elves trying to police magic. I wouldn't believe it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
02/06/2013 06:48 PMPosted by Lorthuron
HAH! Blood Elves trying to police magic. I wouldn't believe it.

To be fair, they have been policing their own magic, as seen in the Ashara questing. They may be reckless but they do have a history of being efficient at policing their own use of magic (at least since Silvermoon has been around).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]