Restoration Druid Separation of Spells

90 Tauren Druid
5.2 will soon be upon us and w/ it some changes to talents specifically Soul of the forest getting buffed from 50% haste gained after casting Swiftmend to 70%. With these changes restoration could sorely use some QoL changes i.e Separation of some key spells.

Remove the Rejuvenation requirement for Swiftmend [No Rejuvenation requirement to cast Swiftmend]

Separate the on the ground healing effect from Swiftmend and allow us to place it like any other on the ground healing effect.

With these changes making use of SotF will greatly increase in efficiency. Separating RJ from SW increases control and player choice no more wasting 2 GCD's to proc a buff. Choosing when and where to place Efflorescence increases player choice.

Currently having all the these spells tied together greatly limits efficiency and choice.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

Separate the on the ground healing effect from Swiftmend and allow us to place it like any other on the ground healing effect.

No. Absolutely not. See; Wild Mushrooms. No. This is among the better unique things of resto healing. It requires foresight and actual planning. Not once have I ever had an issue with not having a hot on a target when I want to drop SM/Efflo. This one proposed change is not QOL. That is a flat nerf as far as I'm concerned, anything that increases the time it takes us to drop a heal is a nerf on what is already a GCD nightmare.
Edited by Tonydanza on 1/6/2013 9:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

No. Absolutely not. See; Wild Mushrooms. No. This is among the better unique things of resto healing. It requires foresight and actual planning. Not once have I ever had an issue with not having a hot on a target when I want to drop SM/Efflo. This one proposed change is not QOL. That is a flat nerf as far as I'm concerned, anything that increases the time it takes us to drop a heal is a nerf on what is already a GCD nightmare.

Druids are not GCD locked anymore so, a nerf it is not. As i said it opens up player choices you're not wasting the aoe heal just for the SotF WG. SW the tank just to waste the aoe heal. SW the full hp person w/ an active RJ wasting the aoe just to proc SotF.
Reply Quote
5 Human Warlock
I'd much rather they work on synching up SM and WG to improve synergy with the new SOTF. Maybe make the current 4 pc permanent. It's not like that would push us over the top.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

Um, NO.

I *LOVE* how Swiftmend is placed. it's so easy to place.

I have a priest which I have played a Holy healing circle, it isn't as good. Same with a Resto shammy circle. I just find it clunky compared to how swiftmend is placed.

If you want to "place" something - it should be the wild mushroom spell.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
01/06/2013 11:11 PMPosted by Lìfendeath
SW the tank just to waste the aoe heal.

Swiftmending the tank is never a "waste".

No ty. As it stands, SM and the resulting AOE are FREE so long as you have rejuv on the target and in most cases you will already have Rejuv on the target. Separating spells will just make it clunkier and quite frankly, a weaker copycat of Healing Rain.

Druids need a spell to fill the gaping hole that is burst aoe heals. Mushrooms were intended for that hole and atm, they just don't cut it in most scenarios. Fixing Mushrooms to make us WANT to use them and yet not overly abuse them is key here.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I don't know about you but I am busy clicking raid frames to select a person to heal and really hate having to place a heal anywhere (not a big fan of mushrooms; only use them if I happen to have 3 seconds to spare and most of the raid is in one place.)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Mushrooms should definitely fill the niche of placable aoe heal. I like how swiftmend and Efflo interact because it actually involves a choice. Waste the single target heal to get perfect placement, or save someone and get imperfect placement. feels a lot less "fire and forget"
Reply Quote

Um, NO.

I have a priest which I have played a Holy healing circle, it isn't as good. Same with a Resto shammy circle. I just find it clunky compared to how swiftmend is placed.

Still, isn't it kind of annoying to have your AoE spell tied to your instant single target heal? I don't see why you can't give Efflorescence its own button and have it work just like it already does without tying it to Swiftmend. Something like:

Efflorescence:
15 second cooldown

Creates a field of healing energy under a friendly target, restoring health to the three most injured allies within 8 yards of the initial target every second for 7 seconds.

It's basically the same spell and you don't need to place a targeting reticule or anything, it's just now separated from Swiftmend.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Personally, I much prefer having those spells linked, as I can cast a Rejuve on myself ahead of time, and then position myself and pop the Swiftmend when the damage hits. This is helpful for things such as Force and Verve, where I know the Swiftmend will hit the entire group in my bubble, and I can time exactly when I want it to go off.

Having the SM CD reduction from the 4-piece really helps, too.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

Um, NO.

Still, isn't it kind of annoying to have your AoE spell tied to your instant single target heal? I don't see why you can't give Efflorescence its own button and have it work just like it already does without tying it to Swiftmend. Something like:

Efflorescence:
15 second cooldown

Creates a field of healing energy under a friendly target, restoring health to the three most injured allies within 8 yards of the initial target every second for 7 seconds.

It's basically the same spell and you don't need to place a targeting reticule or anything, it's just now separated from Swiftmend.

That would be the more elegant solution but still, it's not really needed. Also i like how it can change depending on the strength of the swiftmend currently. Crit swiftmend= supercharged efflo.
Reply Quote

Efflorescence:
15 second cooldown

That would be the more elegant solution but still, it's not really needed. Also i like how it can change depending on the strength of the swiftmend currently. Crit swiftmend= supercharged efflo.

I thought that Efflorescence's healing was no longer based off of the initial Swiftmend, I thought they changed it and made it an independent heal.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/07/2013 08:40 AMPosted by Flintte
I thought that Efflorescence's healing was no longer based off of the initial Swiftmend, I thought they changed it and made it an independent heal.

You are correct. How strange. I never noticed it on my druid.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
01/06/2013 08:46 PMPosted by Lìfendeath

You've got that backwards. Swiftmend needs to stay the way it is and Mushrooms would be way better if they were something we 'planted' on a player.

I'm terribly nervous about the devs "wild idea" about what to do with Mushrooms. Granted they've had close to a year of feedback about how and why Mushrooms are bad but I just don't have a good feeling about this :/
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
01/07/2013 04:19 PMPosted by Zyleia
I'm terribly nervous about the devs "wild idea" about what to do with Mushrooms. Granted they've had close to a year of feedback about how and why Mushrooms are bad but I just don't have a good feeling about this :/

Right!? Why does it have to be a wild idea when they could just make them heal for more? Sure placing them isn't the easiest ramp up, but if the heal was good enough it'd be worth learning when and where to place them and it's not supposed to be a rotational spell anyway.

What I really took away from that "wild idea" comment was that Mushrooms are being looked at, but a change isn't ready for 5.2.
Edited by Mitimem on 1/7/2013 5:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
5 Human Warlock

What I really took away from that "wild idea" comment was that Mushrooms are being looked at, but a change isn't ready for 5.2.

I sure hope not because that would push it out to summer.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Most of you seem to missing the point the i'm trying to make. With buff to Soul of the Forest it will most likely be better than ToL in most situations currently T14 makes using SW to proc SotF not too clunky because the CD's are 2 sec apart w/ glyph of WG. But in 5.2 we lose that meaning if you use SotF you are forced to hold SW that's why i advocate the spells get separated so, you can better utilize the aoe.

Another idea was to sync up the CD's but i feel that isn't exciting and only a bandaid fix. And honestly i don't see them doing too much to mushrooms i think they will just thow a bandaid and buff the spell still leaving mushrooms a place in a lul which can be fine, but during constant heavy dmg stopping too place mushrooms is bad.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
01/07/2013 09:07 PMPosted by Lìfendeath
But in 5.2 we lose that meaning if you use SotF you are forced to hold SW that's why i advocate the spells get separated so, you can better utilize the aoe.

But ideally, you're not going to be using the SotF proc solely for aoe purposes. It's a monster when applied to Lifebloom on a tank. You're not always going to have a need for the aoe and Swiftmend on a tank is never wasteful. The SotF playstyle isn't going to really change when the buff drops. Current SotF users already know how to use it to it's full potential.

01/07/2013 09:07 PMPosted by Lìfendeath
And honestly i don't see them doing too much to mushrooms i think they will just thow a bandaid and buff the spell still leaving mushrooms a place in a lul which can be fine, but during constant heavy dmg stopping too place mushrooms is bad.

Mushrooms is another reason why I'm not particularly fond of the spell separation idea. We already have a spell to fill the gaping aoe hole. If we get placeable mushrooms AND Efflo, I'd expect them both to be weak (We all know how Blizzard operates) and I'd rather spend more time healing that placing things on the ground. JMO of course.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
But ideally, you're not going to be using the SotF proc solely for aoe purposes. It's a monster when applied to Lifebloom on a tank. You're not always going to have a need for the aoe and Swiftmend on a tank is never wasteful. The SotF playstyle isn't going to really change when the buff drops. Current SotF users already know how to use it to it's full potential.

How is using SotF to buff LB a gain? During downtime the tank doesn't need a charged LB so, using SotF to buff a single target spell is a waste. You've just put SW+AOE+SotF on CD for what gain? And wasted mana. SW on a tank is not a waste, but the aoe potentially ticking on just the tank is a waste.

Mushrooms is another reason why I'm not particularly fond of the spell separation idea. We already have a spell to fill the gaping aoe hole. If we get placeable mushrooms AND Efflo, I'd expect them both to be weak (We all know how Blizzard operates) and I'd rather spend more time healing that placing things on the ground. JMO of course.

As i said unless they redesign Mushrooms it's still going to be a place before dmg comes out. Not while dmg is occurring. How hard is it to drop the heal as dmg is about to happen?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
01/09/2013 02:41 AMPosted by Lìfendeath
How is using SotF to buff LB a gain? During downtime the tank doesn't need a charged LB so, using SotF to buff a single target spell is a waste. You've just put SW+AOE+SotF on CD for what gain? And wasted mana. SW on a tank is not a waste, but the aoe potentially ticking on just the tank is a waste.

What you're not understanding is that there is potential for it to not be a waste. You're behaving as if I only ever use my SotF buff on a tank's LB stacks. That's not the case at all. We're not healing in a vacuum. If you're not actively choosing how to spend your SotF and you always put it towards AOE, then you're not using the talent to it's full potential.

How is using SotF to buff LB a gain? When it's needed obviously. SotF offers choice and that's why I enjoy it's style. It takes the mindlessness out of healing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]