Leveling is great...then you hit BC.

69 Human Warrior
Nagrand is BC's only saving grace for me at this point. It is the only BC zone I still enjoy, even after all these years.

I could do without the others.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Nagrand is BC's only saving grace for me at this point. It is the only BC zone I still enjoy, even after all these years.

I could do without the others.

Ditto that... love negrand, but that is all.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Wait. You mean you don't like doing something that takes maybe 5-6 hours in Hellfire Peninsula and a few dungeons to pass through? I literally have leveled the last ~8 toons of mine JUST with Hellfire, never even touching another zone.

Northrend >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Outland for annoyance. >_>

You are lying.

No, no I'm not.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/proudmoore/Brewfist/achievement#96:14862:a1189

Monk through Outland with just 31 quests in Hellfire (and Ring of Blood in Nagrand)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/proudmoore/Lufia/achievement#96:14862:a1189

Rogue through Outland with just 22 quests in Hellfire (and Ring of Blood in Nagrand)

I'd link more, but I honestly don't feel like going through all of my toons trying to remember the ones I leveled through Outland before that.

Outland is easy as heck. Northrend however, is annoying as hell.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
01/08/2013 02:57 PMPosted by Trashman
You are lying.
No I totally believe him. When I took my monk through Outland, he was lvl 65 by the time he finished questing out Hellfire Penn, and that was without doing dungeons.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
GO AWAY OUTLAND HATERS
Reply Quote
14 Night Elf Hunter
Can't agree more, leveling 58 to 68 is the worst part of this whole game.

Northrend may feel tedious at points, but at least the lore is interesting and can keep me entertained. Dragonblight took me forever to finish but I was never bored.

I normally just do dungeons. At times even specific since Ramps seem to come up all the time. Northrend is so much better.
Reply Quote
70 Blood Elf Rogue
I love BC! All of it! D:
Edited by Cuzimarogue on 1/9/2013 8:01 AM PST
Reply Quote
Community Manager
01/07/2013 09:42 PMPosted by Trashman
Leveling through BC era content makes me want to delete WoW. That is all.

The last time I leveled through the Burning Crusade area, it was relatively fast. That said, we know that for some, this isn't their favorite content. We've even said that if there is a time and a right idea for revamping the experience, we just might. But that could be any time in "the future".
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
BC doesn't really bother me.

Honestly it's around 40-60 that I hate and I really dislike 88-90.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Well I am grateful that at least the blues said they are willing to revamp it =D now just for some ideas hmm.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
To be honest I love playing through TBC content. It's like a time warp for a Cata baby like myself, a glimpse at when the game was more like it's original iteration. Plate gear has agility! The quest rewards make you look like you're wearing a clown suit! Demons and Blood Elves and Illidan oh my!

That said I enjoyed it the most on my original playthrough on my hunter. Finding groups of at level players to do Ring of Blood and that big elite Gronn in Nagrand. Non-linear questing, even if it was a pain sometimes. And the zones were really well done. Even after the old world revamp I thought the amount of work put into the outland zones was of a far higher quality than the vanilla stuff. Better looking trees, textures and the skies were just phenomenal.

Now the WotLK stuff- that's where I start feeling the leveling burnout. You go there at 68 and stay for 12 levels. You queue specifically for the dungeons when they open up in LFD and can't do the quests until the next level. Every zone has sooo many quests. The zones themselves show an even greater workmanship than the TBC ones but I just feel like the extra two levels makes it drag on for far too long, especially with how quickly 58-68 goes in Outland.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I'll be very amused when - as soon as tBC zone questing is address there will be threads complaining about Wrath questing. tBC is alright as long as you skip hellfire, and go do some zanger, terokkar and nagrand until you can go to howling fjord.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
With all the xp nerfs, Outland really doesn't last long, especially with heirlooms.

My main objection is that you HAVE to do Hellfire Peninsula, no matter what. I'll eventually feel the same way about Jade Forest. At least Northrend you could vary it up by swapping out the Fjord and the Tundra. Wrath felt a lot more flexible than the rigid linear experience of BC and MoP; more like Vanilla, where you could go different routes to level.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Personally, I find LK to be far slower than TBC, but maybe that's me.

Neth: Any chance they could at least revamp the random dungeons and level ranges you get in BC/LK? It's really annoying to still get Hellfire Ramparts at say, 63ish, and to not be able to queue for anything past Sethekk from 65 to 68, or anything past Halls of Stone in LK from 75 until (I think) 78.

In addition, it would be really awesome if we could get the quests for a dungeon as soon as we're able to queue for it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
01/09/2013 08:06 AMPosted by Nethaera
Leveling through BC era content makes me want to delete WoW. That is all.

The last time I leveled through the Burning Crusade area, it was relatively fast. That said, we know that for some, this isn't their favorite content. We've even said that if there is a time and a right idea for revamping the experience, we just might. But that could be any time in "the future".

55-58 is so boring, then you hit BC and are like YES Hellfire, Ramps, BF.

Then its gold content until 90.

<3
Reply Quote
82 Human Mage
Outlands is fast leveling, and also nostalgic. Definitely wouldn't compel me to delete WoW. I have good memories of my favorite expansion every time I level through there.
Northrend leveling was pretty much awesome, the zones and questing were the best thing about Wrath imo.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]