Leveling is great...then you hit BC.

88 Tauren Druid
Cataclysm content is oh so much worse, especially 84-85.

Oh and... MoP content? 19 hours to ding a toon if not more? God I wish I had more alts but I just cannot do that again.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
01/09/2013 08:06 AMPosted by Nethaera
Leveling through BC era content makes me want to delete WoW. That is all.

The last time I leveled through the Burning Crusade area, it was relatively fast. That said, we know that for some, this isn't their favorite content. We've even said that if there is a time and a right idea for revamping the experience, we just might. But that could be any time in "the future".

Please wait until I get Loremaster on the Horde first. Pretty please. I already missed the original Kalimdoor/Northrend I don't want to miss out on the original Outland from Horde's point of view.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
From 58 -

Trade off lowbie runs with Guildies in the 4 Ramps runs
when you hit about 62 i believe.. you can start doing Archidoun runs as well (ya, I KNOW I misspelled that one.. haa haa) around 63/64.. do Zang Dungeons

ALL of these are EASILY soloable by ANY class.

All said and done, you can get to about 65/66 and grab some worthwhile leveling gear in the process.

Then start queueing solo or with the guildies that you traded off runs with instead of running/getting ran. You should be getting the higher Zang and The Eye dungeons at this point, and with quests and BoAs usually come pretty close to a level per one or two dungeons.

At 68, move on to Northrend and do the same thing
At 78, run each other thru the first Cata dungeons or go Mass pull in Hyjal

By the time ya hit 80, questing is a BREEZE to jump through

Really.. it IS that easy. A couple of us in guild help each other powerlevel alts this way and really only takes about a days time to blast from 45 - 75. (4-5 hrs, to a day depending on spamming time and how much u can focus)

And the ironic part is that B.C. is the EASIEST part of it.. haa haa

*Disclaimer.. if you've never done the questlines through BC.. I HIGHLY suggest them.. they're quite entertaining
Reply Quote
1 Human Rogue
My favourite levels to level are 58-68, which is when I can hit a bunch of BC dungeons! (I used to enjoy hitting Hellfire Rampants at 57 during Cataclysm, but unfortunately that was fixed to be 58 so now I have to slog through one more Blackrock dungeon).

I absolutely love everything about BC zones, dungeons and raids. I go back to solo the old raids every week on my main, and I am exhalted with pretty much every BC faction _just because I can be_.

You may not like it, but plenty of people do! I love it.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
I love zangarmarsh and nagrand I am not sure why but these are some of the most fun to play. The quests all seem to be grouped and you can grab a whole log full and complete them and turn them in for a couple levels before your rest xp wears off. Nagrand is still one of the prettiest zones in the game for me. I started playing in the beginning of BC when the game still had that new wow smell for me. Every time I get to Zangamarsh I recall fond nostalgia memories and that is probably why I enjoy it. I also recall the storyline and leveling up took weeks instead of a day or two like now.

Spending so much time in one zone you really got to enjoy the immersion of the lore and felt like a part of the game not just someone sitting at a desk pressing keys. The degradation of the leveling system and the speed at which people require racing through these areas is why they do not enjoy the end game as much.

In wrath 70-80 still took a good amount of time to get through and in the mean time you were immersed in the storyline so that by the time ICC came out you were excited to finally kill the Lich King after feeling like a champion arriving at his throne to defeat him once and for all. Since then it seems people don't care or don't know the story at all and when you down a boss it just feels like ok whats next, there is no elation or joy over beating an encounter because your character is not personally vested in it.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
01/09/2013 08:06 AMPosted by Nethaera
Leveling through BC era content makes me want to delete WoW. That is all.

The last time I leveled through the Burning Crusade area, it was relatively fast. That said, we know that for some, this isn't their favorite content. We've even said that if there is a time and a right idea for revamping the experience, we just might. But that could be any time in "the future".

Has Blizzard considered crowd sourcing content like this?
Considering the amount of work fans do to add content to other games (in example Mechwarrior Living Legends, and a bevvy of content for Skyrim) would Blizzard consider opening up some of the area revamps to the fan community?

Or would opening the toolset you use for level design cause problems I haven't considered?
Edited by Bootytime on 1/15/2013 1:14 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter

Oh and... MoP content? 19 hours to ding a toon if not more? God I wish I had more alts but I just cannot do that again.

So it isn't just me being a painfully slow leveler?

But yes, Outland revamp would be absolutely lovely. However, there's some pretty cool stuff in there (awesome weapon models and novelty stuffs) I'd hate to see go, so if a revamp is going to happen, make sure replicas of the stuff survive at the very least.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
Cata questing is fun, so much better than Pandaria. Outland is better than Northrend, but I like both zones, very pretty. If you begin to feel like slowing down when questing, do an RBG! Especially when you are at the end of q level bracket (-8,-9), its fun and goes by quicker if you win.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Nothing wrong with leveling threw BC or Northrend. Actually northrend goes by mad quick for me. BC is quick too specially if you do both random dungeons and quests. I actually wanted northrend and outlands go alittle slower so I can re experience other zones like netherstorm.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior

IMO my fav leveling was TBC .. i loved the zones the quests and every thing about it. I feel as though you hit the nose spot in with TBC leveling.
Reply Quote
58 Night Elf Death Knight

Heck yeah I would rather level 4 toons through BC than one through Cataclysm.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
Just wait until you level through mop, talk about boring.

*shudders
Reply Quote
86 Gnome Mage
Pro-tip on leveling through BC:

Marry a man who will happily and willingly drag every single alt you ever make through BC dungeons with his level-capped DK over and over again until you're a high enough level for WotLK.

You're welcome.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]