Leveling is great...then you hit BC.

01/07/2013 11:28 PMPosted by Aellyn
The whole 58 to 80 grind is dreadful.

I'm getting so close.

some even asking for the leveling process to be removed entirely.

People actually want this? Maybe I'm naive, but why?

People want to get everything with no work.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Again, I say, you should have been here during Vanilla or BC and seen how the leveling was when you had to walk on foot until level 40, and when you didn't have dungeon finder....
You are all so spoiled and you cry about it. Granted, I wasnt here for Vanilla, but I was here for BC, when leveling was still challenging, it is so damn easy now it's ridiculous, I can't believe people whine about it.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Hunter
oh i know right. i've got a warrior and a mage about to hit 58. and i'm thinking how can i possibly do outland twice at the same time. ugh plain and simple outlands is boring. (to me anyway)
Edited by Rodeoburger on 1/8/2013 12:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I don't mind Outland much at all. It's a nice change from the overly-linear Cataclysm leveling system and even though it's outdated, I like the storyline. It's insanely quick to get through, too.

Northrend is where I start to hate leveling. It's boring, linear, and takes far too long. Sholazar Basin and Icecrown are the only WotLK zones I like. Then there's the Cataclysm zones which are even worse, barring Twilight Highlands and Uldum (the Ramkahen parts, at least). Deepholm is simply horrible and I've had characters stuck there for months because I don't want to complete any more quests there. Pandaria looks amazing but I did not find it engaging at all. I skipped around a lot and really didn't pay attention to the storyline. Maybe that will change the next time I get a character through there.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
01/07/2013 09:42 PMPosted by Trashman
Leveling through BC era content makes me what to delete WoW. That is all.

WAIT, you actually do quests?

instance grinding is by far the fastest way to level.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
LOL I am always glad when i can escepe outland and finally head to Northrend.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I tend to have better leveling results when I mix instance grinding with quests. I just go and do not stop pressing buttons and before I know it I'm 10 levels higher. Also grabbing fairly large mobs at one time while questing helps.

Also judging the quality of content by how fast we get through it is not whats going on. No doubt there are world first being hunted and raiders that just prefer to get through the content without enjoying it, but the main reason players want to jet through the content is because it's the 20th time they been there.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
01/07/2013 09:51 PMPosted by Trashman
Its as if they want to keep you in the worst parts of the game for long as possible. No idea why a company would want to do this.

How so?! (To me) TBC is the absolute BEST of ALL the expansions. Period. Mainly so, because of Zangarmarsh. Everything about that zone is wonderful. The 3 dungeons that are there are (again, to me) are the BEST dungeons,; especially to solo. On all my (16) characters, the moment I hit the appropriate level, that's the very 1st place I run to. I aim at getting the achieve "The Czar of Sporeggar". Also, it's 1 of the very few zones I get all excited about to do that zone's ENTIRE quest-line!!

Soo... just because you don't like something, doesn't mean that everyone feels the same way as you. As I just happen to """ LOVE """" it, tyvm.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

You get to thank the lack of content in early Cata for the ability of you to have an enjoyable preBC leveling experience. Shall we slaughter another expansion in order to completely update the leveling zones of BC?
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warrior

Because those 24 hours in BC are really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really time consuming.

I took my monk through BC about a month back. Between instant queues as dps and questing, I was in and out of BC content before I could even finish Hellfire Peninsula.

You're going to hate MOP if you can't make it through BC content now.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
Again, I say, you should have been here during Vanilla or BC and seen how the leveling was when you had to walk on foot until level 40, and when you didn't have dungeon finder....
You are all so spoiled and you cry about it. Granted, I wasnt here for Vanilla, but I was here for BC, when leveling was still challenging, it is so damn easy now it's ridiculous, I can't believe people whine about it.

You do realize that when BC came out, they made leveling easier for the vanilla content right? Even BC had it easy compared to vanilla. At least the BC people coming in had addons lol. I still remember the first targeting addons that came out for Molten Core. You could actually put icons on that stupid rock boss and his minions. It was like a gift from the gods.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warrior
01/08/2013 01:08 AMPosted by Addiana
You could actually put icons on that stupid rock boss and his minions. It was like a gift from the gods.

God, Garr night in MC.

20 minutes of down time while the locks got set up.
Edited by Krexen on 1/8/2013 1:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Northern Barrens would like a word with you.

In my opinion, every time one of my fresh Horde alts hits that zone, I get every ounce of desire I have for leveling drained out of me, and it slowly keeps draining until I log out and not touch that toon for a while.

I hit that rut on my hunter far too quickly, and even though she's in BoA pants, cloak and helm with full level 25 guild perks and sometimes rested XP and it wouldn't take too long, maybe an hour or two to push past it, I just...don't want to touch it anymore.

Everything else is fine.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
01/08/2013 01:10 AMPosted by Krexen
You could actually put icons on that stupid rock boss and his minions. It was like a gift from the gods.

God, Garr night in MC.

20 minutes of down time while the locks got set up.

Yeah and another 20 minutes trying to figure out which mob he had after he accidently clicked off his target.
Reply Quote
41 Gnome Priest
BC is pretty fast, it sucks that you have to get to 80 in Northrend.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I liked the classic areas.. but that all changed when the.. never mind...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]