Leveling is great...then you hit BC.

Everything is great - up until Pandaria.

THEN IT"S SLOW AND LINEAR AND OH GOD MY EYES

Too much beauty, your eyes couldn't cope! Its okay though, you'll recover.

On topic though. BC leveling is a total bore (though I do like Zangamarsh just because it looks so awesome), I enjoy WotLK though, lots of fun there (Except for Borean I love all the zones!). Then once I hit Cata stuff I sort of go into a daze and blank its existence from my mind completely once I'm done.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
See I felt the exact oposite leveling up. 1-58 was BORING AND SLOW. BC dungeons are super fast ques. Same with WotLK dungeons. Fast ques...fast groups. Boom boom boom xp xp and then MoP BRAKKKKES!!!!
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
having been here since vanilla i can attest that the game
is easier to level than it's ever been...maybe too much so.
if you're bored, you probably have add or something.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
i can remember waiting hours to manually assemble groups--
the game is faster and easier than it's ever been.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Hate leveling through BC.

Been the death of many an alt...

Makes me want to eat my own face.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
The only parts of BC I don't like are Hellfire Peninsula and Zangarmarsh. Once I get through there, those alts are getting to 90, guaranteed. Borean Tundra is one of those zones that I don't like just because I've done it about 12 times now, but Northrend is definitely my favorite of all areas.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Do nothing but Random dungeons and you'll be done in a short while.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
But it goes by so fast, you'll be 68 before you know it.

I always preferred Northrend over BC. Whats so bad about Northrend questing?
Reply Quote
BC content is probably my favorite.

Northrend has its ups and downs

Cata....eh...
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
BC and Cata forevar

Wrath and MoP... Ehhhhhhh......
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
BC content does go by really fast, I just have a tough time actually getting out and doing it. In Hellfire, I usually run to a quest objective, then back to an inn 3 or 4 times before I actually go out and do it, and that's if I don't choose to just log out there. I don't queue for dungeons much to level just because I don't enjoy them as a leveling tool, I usually stick to questing.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
BC can be levelled in 6 hrs solely by dungeons, less depending on heirlooms and rested xp. Seriously.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
BC rules compared to lvl 70-76 northrend....

I woudl rather poke my eyes out than leveling another toon trough 70-76 in northrend.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
i used to feel that way, i don't mind BC leveling now, i appreciate the badassery of demons and orcs i and other aliens i guess
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
All expansions of wow have been pretty great to me. Its the old world stuff I can't stand.

60 levels of boring dungeons(wasted mechanics because you can completely ignore them), spread out zones, poor gathering, useless trade-skill made items, and no flying no matter what.

Not fun at all.

I play this game to mostly level alts and try out classes, and even I can't manage more than 1 1-level cap grind per expansion.
Reply Quote
83 Blood Elf Warlock
All expansions of wow have been pretty great to me. Its the old world stuff I can't stand.

60 levels of boring dungeons(wasted mechanics because you can completely ignore them), spread out zones, poor gathering, useless trade-skill made items, and no flying no matter what.

Not fun at all.

I play this game to mostly level alts and try out classes, and even I can't manage more than 1 1-level cap grind per expansion.

Were you around pre-Cata?

It was MUCH worse before they remade the old world.
Reply Quote
55 Night Elf Death Knight
BC is awesome and goes by way too fast. I would do Outland 15 times over if it meant I could skip NR and Cata altogether.

Northrend for 10-12 levels is extremely tedious, Cata is boring and linear it leaves you barely any choice on what to do. The only leveling choice you really have is do I want to do Hyjal AGAIN, or spend a ton of time swimming and fighting underwater (gross). Then you're funneled back onto the train track to do Deepholm/Uldum.

Revamped old world was fun the first play through. But it suffers the same boring train track mentality that Cata has, no replayability for me. Not to mention how ugly a lot of the zones are now.
Edited by Renshaw on 1/8/2013 5:09 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
01/07/2013 09:42 PMPosted by Trashman
Leveling through BC era content makes me what to delete WoW. That is all.

/agree
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
01/08/2013 04:49 AMPosted by Seyl
It was MUCH worse before they remade the old world.

Questing 1-60 in "old world" was super awesome and epic before Cata.

Questing in 1-60 is super awesome and epic (and a bit easier) after cata and new and fresh after doing old world so many times.

=D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]