NEW POKEMON GAME: Pokemon X and Pokemon Y

88 Blood Elf Rogue
01/09/2013 01:00 AMPosted by Irøh
assuming I even get a 3DS(thing gives me massive migraines thanks to an eye condition I have).

Get an xl if you do. Depending on your eye problems it still might not be good enough, but the xl is much better than the regular. I have some bad eyes too and the 3d works fine for me on it where as he regular hurt to look so I just kept it off.

And even if the 3d doesn't work for you, the system itself is still a big improvement over the regular. Clearer screen, better battery life, doesn't hurt your hands if you have big hands, etc.
Edited by Keathil on 1/9/2013 2:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
The fire starter is basically a mixture of a Vulpix and Eevee :3
DO WANT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Meh, I would get it but i'm not really interested in paying so much for a handheld. Maybe in a few years when 3ds goes under 100$
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Dude there is SOOOOOOO much fanart of the fire starter now from this game already on Deviantart

Nerds work FAST o_o
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
Dude there is SOOOOOOO much fanart of the fire starter now from this game already on Deviantart

Nerds work FAST o_o

Well, it is pokemon. Nerds are expected to work fast on that kind of stuff when a new gen comes around.

.... not that there's anything wrong with that. Everyone's free to draw what they want.
Edited by Givemepizza on 1/9/2013 8:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Fanart? Dude, there's a freakin fanmade plushie of Fennekin already. Posted on reddit a mere 6 hours after the announcement.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
SoF
So the legendary names are out:

X: Xerneas
Y: Yveltal
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Probably going to go fire this time, haven't liked the fire types since gen 2, and the water/grass dont look that great to me for once.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
So the legendary names are out:

X: Xerneas
Y: Yveltal

I do like Xerneas more than Yveltall, though whenever I say Yveltall, I constantly think of Weltall from Xenogears...
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
01/10/2013 12:40 AMPosted by Gothitelle
Fanart? Dude, there's a freakin fanmade plushie of Fennekin already. Posted on reddit a mere 6 hours after the announcement.

Just how fast can people work? o_o
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
01/10/2013 02:15 PMPosted by Givemepizza

Just how fast can people work? o_o

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/735188_523958430968450_1468528042_n.jpg
Reply Quote
43 Blood Elf Warrior
Several memes have already been created as well.

For example, I want to choose the fire starter, I always do. But. . .

http://cheezburger.com/6955764480

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNO-FROAKIE!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Theories on enemy team time!

I bet we'll see something roman-legion based. A hostile takeover of the league via legionaires would be badass.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock

I bet we'll see something roman-legion based. A hostile takeover of the league via legionaires would be badass.

Well, the region is heavily inspired by France, but my French history isn't good in the slightest, so I can't draw any rebellions, reformists or extremist groups

Depending on how serious or silly the story will be, I can easily see a Napoleanic-type villain.
Edited by Reshuv on 1/10/2013 6:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
SoF
01/10/2013 06:35 PMPosted by Reshuv
a Napoleanic-type villain.

Oh god, I can see it now.

"What we do every day. Try and take over the world!"
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
probably some radical environmentalist/cultist group like the last three generations because they can't have criminal organizations that do crime for the sake of it anymore
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Rogue

I hope they bring back Team Rocket. They were always the best enemy team. The non anime version that is. They actually killed pokemon and were just bad for the sake of being bad. Every other team had a goal to change the world in a way that they thought was good.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior

I hope they bring back Team Rocket. They were always the best enemy team. The non anime version that is. They actually killed pokemon and were just bad for the sake of being bad. Every other team had a goal to change the world in a way that they thought was good.

Not Team Plasma, whom I despise more so than Team Rocket because at the very LEAST Team Rocket was honest with what they did; Team Plasma conned not just a good portion of the world but also a good portion of their members thanks to Ghetsis, the one Pokemon villain I actually hated, and not just because of his Hydreigon. He preached about Pokemon Liberation when in actuality he simply wanted everyone to give up their Pokemon so that he and he alone could wield their power. He was a total hypocrite and knew full well he was a total hypocrite; such a scumbag.

As for a new team... hmmm. Well, if their going with a French/European setting and are going for something like that with the enemy team, there are a number of possibilities.

- Like was mentioned above, a Roman Legionnaire style of adversaries who are attempting conquest for the sake of conquest.

- Like what was also mentioned above, a Napoleon-esque style team.

- Perhaps a tyrannical monarchy-like Team like the awful French royalty what spurred the French Revolution?

- I highly doubt this one will happen, but given the setting, a Team based off of a certain German political party that was responsible for a lot of VERY bad things in Europe.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
01/10/2013 09:53 PMPosted by Yinian
- I highly doubt this one will happen, but given the setting, a Team based off of a certain German political party that was responsible for a lot of VERY bad things in Europe.

God, I hope not. The last thing Pokémon needs is Holocaust references.
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Rogue

Not Team Plasma, whom I despise more so than Team Rocket because at the very LEAST Team Rocket was honest with what they did; Team Plasma conned not just a good portion of the world but also a good portion of their members thanks to Ghetsis, the one Pokemon villain I actually hated, and not just because of his Hydreigon. He preached about Pokemon Liberation when in actuality he simply wanted everyone to give up their Pokemon so that he and he alone could wield their power. He was a total hypocrite and knew full well he was a total hypocrite; such a scumbag.

Yeah, but I was talking about the teams as a whole. Not their leaders. A lot of team plasma were misguided people with good intentions that were tricked and even split off because they didn't want to be apart of the real plan. All of team rocket was bad though.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]