Winter 2013 Anime

90 Undead Warlock
New season of Anime gives us a new batch of shows

So far the stand out one for me is The Unlimited. Good Action, nasty anti-hero of a main character and top quality animation.

not much else is catching my interest except Chihayafuru season 2

Maoyu, had an ok start but I need a few more episodes before judging it.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
Only another 10 episodes of Space Bros. QQ

Edit: Maoyu is like the third ecchi series with a red haired female demon in the last like year. freakin japan lol
Edited by Liadon on 1/8/2013 5:56 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock

Edit: Maoyu is like the third ecchi series with a red haired female demon in the last like year. freakin japan lol

ah but this one is centered around ECONOMICS

as the following gif clearly demonstrates

http://i.imgur.com/XFRss.gif
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
01/08/2013 06:01 AMPosted by Drakmor

Looks like a study of macroeconomics.

*Eh, Maoyu could go a bunch of different directions. It could be a clever twist on the fall of a hero, with the demon lord twisting his every desire. Or it could just be another ecchi series with a generic japanese fantasy motif.
Edited by Snozberries on 1/8/2013 8:01 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue

ah but this one is centered around ECONOMICS

as the following gif clearly demonstrates

LOLs true true.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Problem Children are coming from another World, aren't they

long !@# title but not a bad start to the show. I like all three of the main kids. Different levels of attitude an none of them wishy washy.
Nice array of powers for the group

First day in magical world - find and beat up nearest God.

This one is going to stay on my watch list
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
I haven't found much that interested me this winter. Looking forward towards the Spring and Summer releases though, hopeful for the Puella Magi Madoka Magica movie/second season. Maoyu seemed intriguing, however, but I can't say I have a solid opinion on that; gonna have to do some more /a/ lurking and the like.

Everything else just seemed a bit ... meh. Haven't tried The Unlimited out yet though.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I haven't found much that interested me this winter. Looking forward towards the Spring and Summer releases though, hopeful for the Puella Magi Madoka Magica movie/second season. Maoyu seemed intriguing, however, but I can't say I have a solid opinion on that; gonna have to do some more /a/ lurking and the like.

Everything else just seemed a bit ... meh. Haven't tried The Unlimited out yet though.

Think of it as if they did an X-Men series staring Magneto and his efforts to protect mutants from humans who would abuse them.

I can toss you a CR guest pass if you want to give it a shot
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
http://www.crunchyroll.com/

and guest pass Q89ZDMMYBGV

Only one I've got at the moment, first one to cash it, gets it.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Sasami-san@Ganbaranai was a serious disappointment. In a "!@#$%^- is a hell of a drug crossed with creepy sis-con" kind of way.

With that, Maoyu is my last hope for a fresh anime this winter.

At least several anime from the Fall are still airing.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Sasami-san@Ganbaranai was a serious disappointment. In a "!@#$%^- is a hell of a drug crossed with creepy sis-con" kind of way.

With that, Maoyu is my last hope for a fresh anime this winter.

At least several anime from the Fall are still airing.

what kind of show do you usually go for?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
01/11/2013 05:24 PMPosted by Drakmor

It's touch and go, but usually shounen, adventure, supernatural, or occasionally shoujo. Basically anything that lacks moe or centers around fanservice. Or overly much self parody. So picky as hell.

As many shows as I had to enjoy in the Fall, I'm fine not having anything new worth watching for a season.
Edited by Snozberries on 1/11/2013 8:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
01/11/2013 08:53 PMPosted by Snozberries

It's touch and go, but usually shounen, adventure, supernatural, or occasionally shoujo. Basically anything that lacks moe or centers around fanservice. Or overly much self parody. So picky as hell.

As many shows as I had to enjoy in the Fall, I'm fine not having anything new worth watching for a season.

if you haven't already then I'd give Unlimited and Problem Children a shot.

Problem Children seems a little bit fanservicy with the Bunny girl but not excessively.

Unlimited dose have a loli but mostly it's been Bad-!@# kills lots of people with psychic powers. Loli was target of rescue mission, so she hasn't really done anything beyond look helpless and cute, and give the main character a reason to go all ruthless "no more games, just gonna kill you now."
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
01/12/2013 01:20 AMPosted by Drakmor
if you haven't already then I'd give Unlimited and Problem Children a shot.

Thanks for the recommendations. Both are definite maybes, which is more than I can say for anything else this season.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Sasami-San@unmotivated

This would be the WTF? show of the season

it's been 20 minutes since I saw the first episode and I still have no clue what I just watched
Edited by Drakmor on 1/16/2013 6:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Kotoura-San

I'm not really sure what to think of this one

The show starts by ripping your heart out, throwing it to the ground and then grinds it into the dirt for about 10 minutes.

and then it hits you with a WTF? and everything gets better.

It's actually pretty brilliant

Just based on the first episode I seriously recommend this one to people. Just brace yourself for an emotional yo-yo
Edited by Drakmor on 1/17/2013 9:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Nothing too notable this season. Kotoura-san and GJ-BU are the only things that strike me as unique. Maybe Tamako Market depending on how it goes.
Senyuu and Inferno Cop are hilarious, but of course they're only 3 minutes long.

01/08/2013 05:55 AMPosted by Liadon

Feels bad, man.
Edited by Scurge on 1/17/2013 11:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
01/17/2013 11:09 PMPosted by Scurge
Maybe Tamako Market depending on how it goes

Is that the new KyoAni?

I heard it wasn't good, especially compared to how great Hyouka was
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Psycho Pass continues to belt out awesome twists. I wasn't sure about the show when it first started, but it's continuing to keep a great pase.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
01/18/2013 02:37 PMPosted by Snozberries
Psycho Pass continues to belt out awesome twists. I wasn't sure about the show when it first started, but it's continuing to keep a great pase.

I don't think there has been a single noitaminA block series I haven't really enjoyed, I've pretty much come to expect quality out of that block every season.

which reminds me to order the Fractal DVDs and I need to get around to re-watching Princess Jellyfish
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]