Flight form..

90 Night Elf Druid
So I spent the last few weeks trying to figure out which healer I want to play as a main.. oscillating back and forth between pally and druid for the most part.. and I have just come to the realization that one of the main reasons I ultimately decided on druid was flight form. ESPECIALLY flight form in combination with shadowmeld.. makes dailying and life on a PvP server so much better.. XP

Are you guys addicted to flight form?
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
It's a nice perk when I'm on my Druid, but it's not something that's going to make me decide between two different classes.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I love love LOVE the fact that you can gather herbs while in flight form and some other things. Its like never having to dismount/remount. And even if you did, it's INSTANT.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
One additional perk is that since it is technically a shapeshift, not a mount, you do not get dismounted by things like the annoying griffin-riders around the Alliance base camp in Krasarang Wilds.
Reply Quote
94 Night Elf Druid
Also, you can jump out of the water and change to flight form in midair if you time it right, because you are not swimming while you're jumping.

Although I think some flying mounts can be cast in water now and dive in and out freely, so that's not as big an advantage as it used to be.

As fun as flight form is, I wouldn't choose a class for it either.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
After the instant mount brooms were taken away (Halloween event ended), I missed mine so much I rolled a druid.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
It's sort of like.. once you've started driving you never want to take the bus again.. yeah.. that's how I feel on my paladin.. XP
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I need Flight Form like a junkie needs his fix.

Instant.
Can jump out of water (having to swim to the shore blows).
Pick up quest items in flight form.
Instant.
No need to spend time grinding for a "cool" mount, because I'm never going to use it.
Did I mention that it's instant?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
01/10/2013 10:42 AMPosted by Kerranggaroo
Can jump out of water (having to swim to the shore blows).

I've been able to mount up while in water for a while o.O
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
My jealousy of Flight Form is great.

Damn Druids. >:|
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
I play my druid slightly more then my monk because of flight form. Makes archeology a lot easier.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I honestly don't use my flight form much at all :3 If I need to get away quickly sure, but other than that I'm pretty much always using my ashe's mount or the shiny new store mount :D
Reply Quote
My druid is the only one with Archeology leveled.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest
I'll admit there's nothing like a tauren druid herbalist. (For those that don't know, one of the tauren racials is increased speed on herbing.) I could always herb and get the item before a nearby mob started snacking on me. I almost cried when I switched to alliance and my druid's herbing speed slowed significantly. Sometimes I actually have to fight mobs while herbing!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/10/2013 01:13 PMPosted by Mieme
I'll admit there's nothing like a tauren druid herbalist. (For those that don't know, one of the tauren racials is increased speed on herbing.) I could always herb and get the item before a nearby mob started snacking on me. I almost cried when I switched to alliance and my druid's herbing speed slowed significantly. Sometimes I actually have to fight mobs while herbing!

The best part is when you swoop down on your Night Elf Druid to get an herb, and then it suddenly disappears. 5 seconds later, the TAUREN DRUID that STOLE your herb loads in already flying away. >.<
Reply Quote
96 Night Elf Druid
01/10/2013 08:39 AMPosted by Shyhalu
Are you guys addicted to flight form?

All three of my druids would say yes.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I personally think flight form is too good. I really wish blizzard would just give it a cast time, or give everyone the ability to have something similar. preferably the latter, so that we don't have to endure a cry-fest.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
01/10/2013 08:32 PMPosted by Salvian
I personally think flight form is too good. I really wish blizzard would just give it a cast time, or give everyone the ability to have something similar. preferably the latter, so that we don't have to endure a cry-fest.

What cryfest? It's a nice perk of the class like other classes have perks. And changing it so that everyone else has it nor nobody has it is stupid. The game doesn't need more similar abilities or neat stuff taken away. Especially a perk that has been with the class for years now.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
01/10/2013 01:13 PMPosted by Mieme

You can find a rare pair of gloves in Mists that speeds up your herbalism and mining channel.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]