no ret changes for 5.2 yet? need some QOL

90 Blood Elf Paladin
zZq
Inquisition needs to be off GCD for starters... increased duration maybe? easier activation?

AoE is kind of lacking... Ramp up time is too much... by the time i start going most of the trash is dead and the other melee classes are doing 100-200k lol...

Can i trade in Divine Shield for a 50% damage reduction every 2.5 minutes?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
think your dps is a gear issue atm i was able to pull over 100k dps aoe even managed to get 200k at 1 point and that was when i had a heroic dungeon wep

highest single target iv hit so far was 90k

push your hit and expertise over 7.5% instead of just below

also try move away from crit gear will help also
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
Probably because the devs have said Ret is where they want the other classes to be so for better or worse we're not likely to see many changes. Which is a shame because some are needed.

01/10/2013 05:47 PMPosted by Suicidebears
Inquisition needs to be off GCD for starters

That would be nice, going back to the 36 sec duration wouldn't be so bad either but both are pretty minor.

easier activation?

What do you mean by this?

the other melee classes are doing 100-200k lol...

Paladins can do this too, the only terrible thing about our AoE is SoR is pathetic. But Glyphed Exo plus Lights Hammer on top of our normal AoE rotation equals many lawls.

But I like Bubble. :(

But yeah, one of the things Ret needs is some better defenses.
Edited by Cadenbrie on 1/10/2013 6:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I think taking inquisition off the GCC would be enough to make it less of a hassle. 30 seconds isn't too hard to keep up with, its just trying to get the cast off sometimes that seem problematic. Maybe its just a lag issue on my end, but sometimes it feels like I have to spam it 3 or 4 times before itll take when Im in the middle of combat.

Another thing that would be nice to have off the GCD is our bubble. This I dont understand since our other defensive CD -is- off the GCD.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvYEhTwektw

how I feel when every single QQ thread starts with OP's jimmies in a russell
Reply Quote
Inq coming off the GCD would be nice.

It costs resources so it's not like it can just be macro'd into other abilities without eating all your holy power.

I wish it lasted a bit longer. I get it's sort of a skill check but 30 seconds is a bit much. Also it would be more valuable in PvP if it lasted longer.
Reply Quote
86 Human Paladin
Inq needs to use mana instead of holy power. I could care less about it being on the GCD. And I would love it if they gave us back holy wrath for a little extra aoe, but that's probably a pipe dream.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I've never really had a problem w/Inquisition. Maybe for pvp it'd be a boon though.
Reply Quote
86 Human Paladin
01/10/2013 06:11 PMPosted by Cadenbrie
Probably because the devs have said Ret is where they want the other classes to be so for better or worse we're not likely to see many changes. Which is a shame because some are needed.

I'm starting to feel more and more like that's a poor excuse to not doing anything with ret. Wouldn't be surprised. I realized how much they cared about this spec in Cata when they did jack and !@#$ for the spec through the whole expansion.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
zZq
i already went back to my warrior, got a 2 piece and a kilrak and im already doing so much more dps and i dont even have to maintain inquisition.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
zZq
inquisition costing mana is the smartest idea ive ever heard. would solve the pvp AND pve issue.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
nquisition needs to be off GCD for starters... increased duration maybe? easier activation?

Agreed, though dont think it needs durration increased, off the GCD should fix any issues of refreshing it.

AoE is kind of lacking... Ramp up time is too much... by the time i start going most of the trash is dead and the other melee classes are doing 100-200k lol

While trash isnt a good indication of anything, I think our aoe is fine except for the fact that HoTR needs a target to be usable, needs to have that requirement removed.

Glyph should swap Divine Protection from 40% magic to 40% physical mit, not the BS 20/20, also a glyph for Devo Aura to the same effect, mainly because its useless for a good part of Heart of Fear with its magical 'physical' damage
Edited by Paladinchaz on 1/11/2013 8:55 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Have inq refreshed by an ability. similar to the rend/ms warriors used to have.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
01/11/2013 09:16 AMPosted by Stipples
Have inq refreshed by an ability. similar to the rend/ms warriors used to have.

That's a good idea, maybe being refreshed by Exo

01/11/2013 08:37 AMPosted by Replicant
Inq needs to use mana instead of holy power. I could care less about it being on the GCD. And I would love it if they gave us back holy wrath for a little extra aoe, but that's probably a pipe dream.

Also a really good idea.

I'd be content with either of these really, but I don't think Blizz will change it.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Having it being refreshed by an ability other than the casting of itself would defeat the purpose of why they put the buff in.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
01/11/2013 09:53 AMPosted by Paladinchaz
Having it being refreshed by an ability other than the casting of itself would defeat the purpose of why they put the buff in.

Envenom refreshing Slice and Dice? Why can't Rets have a helpful ability like this?
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
We also generate our 'combo points' faster than rogues do, so its less of a concern for us to have the resources to recast it than rogues.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/11/2013 01:24 PMPosted by Lobster

Envenom refreshing Slice and Dice? Why can't Rets have a helpful ability like this?

Because assassination rogues aren't ret paladins?

Yet, we got Combo Points-like resource and a buff similar to theirs Slice 'n Dice. Good logic.

I dont think Exo should refresh it every time though, but a passive RNG or some talents should grant this ability. Unbreakable Spirit its probably the less used talent in ret' tree, why not add something like that to it? We have a 10-30% chance of refreshing Inquisition while using TV (or a 10/20/30 using WoG/EF), for example.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin

Because assassination rogues aren't ret paladins?

Yet, we got Combo Points-like resource and a buff similar to theirs Slice 'n Dice. Good logic.

I dont think Exo should refresh it every time though, but a passive RNG or some talents should grant this ability. Unbreakable Spirit its probably the less used talent in ret' tree, why not add something like that to it? We have a 10-30% chance of refreshing Inquisition while using TV (or a 10/20/30 using WoG/EF), for example.

Unbreakable spirit is not the least used talent in the tree for ret, at least not for Raiding, why wouldnt you want your def cooldowns or LOH on shorter cooldowns?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]