Questions about Sacred Shield

90 Blood Elf Paladin
- Does PvP Power increase the absorb amount of SS in PvP areas if you are Holy?
- Does Holy mastery interact in any way with SS?

Thanks in advance!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I am not sure about your answer so i will let someone else answer your initial question. On a side not Selfless healer is amazing in PvP. My guild is full of rets that dish out strong burst heals when needed. i love doing bgs with the four rets in my guild on my mage haha. Selfless is the way to go bro it will heal most of your health really quickly, burst/on demand>everything in PvP.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/11/2013 01:03 PMPosted by Varys
I am not sure about your answer so i will let someone else answer your initial question. On a side not Selfless healer is amazing in PvP. My guild is full of rets that dish out strong burst heals when needed. i love doing bgs with the four rets in my guild on my mage haha. Selfless is the way to go bro it will heal most of your health really quickly, burst/on demand>everything in PvP.

But then when I do get focused, oh, it's a sad day for me, haha.
Anyways, anybody know the answers?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
I am unsure about the first point.

As for the mastery:
Your direct healing spells also place an absorb shield on your target for 12% of the amount healed lasting 15 sec.

Sacred Shield is not a heal, and does not have a healing component. Readying it literally would suggest that it would not interact with Illuminated Healing at all.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I can answer the second half for certain. Mastery does absolutely nothing for Sacred Shield, in any way, shape, or form. For that matter, it does not work with Crit, either. Haste does affect it marginally. There are a couple of breakpoints that are potentially able to be grabbed, and smaller values of haste will make the bubbles shield a few hundredths of a second faster, but that's it.

As for whether PvP Power affects Sacred Shield, give me a few minutes and I'll test that and get back to you.

EDIT: Yeppers, Power does increase the heal from SS by a suitable amount, if you're Holy. I don't believe it will work for either Prot or Ret, though, at least not until the next patch when (hopefully) hybrids will again gain some small benefit from Power for heals.
Edited by Wards on 1/12/2013 5:20 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]