Open Libram LXIV: Tales of the Bold

90 Dwarf Paladin
01/12/2013 10:03 AMPosted by Idoma
i still can't even get into pet battles. i just picked my three favorite pets and tried to level them but got bored,

This. It was fun and diverting for a bit, but not engaging enough for me. Some day I'll get my team leveled, 'cause I want my bunny to be nitro-glycerine - screw dynamite!
90 Human Paladin
There's a website that just loops rain sounds so you can have the sound of rain whenever you feel rainy.

Man, I love the Internet.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMnrl0tmd3k goes well with rainymood.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The ret guide is actually stickied. What is going on?
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/12/2013 12:10 AMPosted by Cadenbrie
The wait for the Brawlers Guild is insufferable now, upwards of ten people in line ahead of you at a time. It is time to turn off CRZ.

I have yet to see a single person queuing at the same time as me in there.. I've seen people killed by angry spectators, idle, and exploring lowbies, but nobody actually doing it.

Ilvl requirement for the 5.2 LFR dropped.. so that they could de-level our pvp gear again. :|
Edited by Cayse on 1/12/2013 12:20 PM PST
90 Draenei Paladin
i just picked my three favorite pets

That's what my first team was, Pet Battles are supposed to be fun and here people are taking it all super serial.

but did we really expect it not to happen?

No, but it's still just stupidly silly.

you are the expert caden

I wouldn't say that, I like hunting down good breeds and building teams to pwn people but that's just an obsessive carry over from Pokemanz.

But much more enjoyable without silly things like EVs and crap. If they'd ever take out the random miss and dodge mechanics Pet PVPz would be awesomes.

are mine any good?

Magical Crawdad is one of the best Tank style pets, with it's high HP and HP restoring and shielding moves he can wait out most other pets and just chip them down to nothing. I've been meaning to get one.

Mana Wyrmling can be powerful and intelligent use of Reflect can be devastating for any pet that knows the move, you seem to have the Health/Power Breed which isn't bad as none of it's other breeds are really anything special.

I've never played with a Mechanical Squirrel. It has decent speed and decent health but pretty weak attack power, but it makes up for that with Windup somewhat and it has access to a beast move for variety. Overtune would also pretty much assure that's it's faster then any other pet without a buff of it's own which in turn makes Thrash more powerful. But with Repair, Extra Plating and the Mechanical Racial you could make him very Tanky I imagine.

01/12/2013 12:19 PMPosted by Cayse
I have yet to see a single person queuing at the same time as me in there

Really?

It was pretty crowded on mine last night.
90 Tauren Paladin
I have to admit, I'm actually starting to enjoy the hunter class ever since I made my hunter alt.

I think part of the reason I couldn't get into hunters in Cataclysm is because of their excrutiatingly low focus regen. (At low levels, at least.)
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/12/2013 01:00 PMPosted by Cadenbrie
Mana Wyrmling can be powerful and intelligent use of Reflect can be devastating for any pet that knows the move, you seem to have the Health/Power Breed which isn't bad as none of it's other breeds are really anything special.

There are breeds of pets? Fuuuck that, too much effort for me to care.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Really?

It was pretty crowded on mine last night.

Dalaran, and the realms that it defaults to CRZ with, are all pretty dead.

01/12/2013 01:28 PMPosted by Elidra

Pets are easily as convoluted as pokemon, there's more than 400 pets in the game and while similar types have mostly the same abilities, not all of them do.
Edited by Cayse on 1/12/2013 1:46 PM PST
90 Draenei Paladin

http://petsear.ch/Breeds

<_<

01/12/2013 01:38 PMPosted by Cayse
Dalaran, and the realms that it defaults to CRZ with, are all pretty dead.

I'm jealous......kinda.

01/12/2013 01:38 PMPosted by Cayse
Pets are easily as convoluted as pokemon.

Lies!

I've never had to graph out crap for Pet Battles!
90 Dwarf Paladin
01/12/2013 01:43 PMPosted by Cadenbrie
Pets are easily as convoluted as pokemon.

Lies!

I've never had to graph out crap for Pet Battles!

Graphing out progressions for Pokemon is not something I'd be particularly proud of. Just sayin'.
90 Draenei Paladin
01/12/2013 02:48 PMPosted by Grôgnárd
Graphing out progressions for Pokemon is not something I'd be particularly proud of. Just sayin'.

You're really gonna mock my nerdiness on the WoW forums of all places?
90 Dwarf Paladin
Kinda. I mean, you're going so far as to chart up Pokey-manz really seems to beg for it. >_>
90 Draenei Paladin
01/12/2013 02:55 PMPosted by Grôgnárd
Kinda. I mean, you're going so far as to chart up Pokey-manz really seems to beg for it. >_>

This coming from someone who has played D&D? With character sheets and all that mess?

Since the actual pokemon game interface has no support for EV's and other silliness you pretty much had to do some of your own written work to keep track of any of it.
90 Draenei Paladin
Just watched Abraham Lincoln Vampire Slayer, I thought it was pretty good. It has it's dumb over the top bits but it's a vampire movie, it's allowed. Lots of people had told me it was terrible.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I thought it was really a pretty good movie, they did a good job of making it just off enough that it would be "believable" as a non-fiction historical vampire setting without going too far from the actual history that it navigates.

It's really easy to go HURRR MAEK VAMPIER MUVIE, it's not easy to make any fictional movie that navigates true events believably, and doesn't lower itself to the silent moment LOUD NOISE AND CALL IT HORROR that a lot of movies have taken to calling scary.

Plus the acting was not bad and I think the casting was really quite good. Walker makes a pretty good young Lincoln.
90 Draenei Paladin
it's not easy to make any fictional movie that navigates true events believably,

Very true, I was amazed at how historically accurate it was to Lincoln's actual life and they didn't take too many liberties really with the facts.

Having Speed killed on a train by vampires was about as far out there as they went from what I recall.

01/12/2013 05:48 PMPosted by Cayse
Plus the acting was not bad and I think the casting was really quite good.

It was, I enjoyed the cast and Walker pulled off Vampire killing and Historical Lincoln fairly well.

What gets me is so many "professional" critics kept spouting nonsense like "The movie took itself entirely too seriously for it's silly premise." and "It's hard to stretch a joke into an entire movie."

Douches I swear, the movie was meant to be serious. Just because the premise may seem silly to historians doesn't mean squat.

I swear I want to get payed to run my mouth about how good or bad things are, I likely wouldn't get along with my fellow critics very well.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Critics were even more harsh to the deliberate spoof movie Abraham Lincoln vs Zombies that was a freaking direct to video meant to knock Vampire Hunter. It wasn't even an outward attempt at seriousness, was deliberately meant to be a "bad" movie and never was in theaters and yet critics are squinting through their monocles at it.

Most critics in general (not just for movies, video game critics are just as bad, maybe worse because I pay more attention to games than movies) just seem way the !@#$ out of touch with not just trends, culture, or the state of their media, but with humans in general.
90 Blood Elf Warrior
01/12/2013 01:00 PMPosted by Cadenbrie
you seem to have the Health/Power Breed which isn't bad as none of it's other breeds are really anything special.

wait wait. you mean there are different breeds of the same pet?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]