Quick question regarding absorbing shields

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Shields that absorb damage, like PW:S of priest of Sacred Shield of paladins, are they affected by healing reduction effects?

Let's say a warrior hits you with MS, you have healing reduction debuff on you, and you put a shield on yourself, will that shielding amount be reduced, just like healing?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
The shield is considered healing so it would be reduced.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
http://www.wowwiki.com/Power_Word:_Shield

"The effectiveness of Power Word: Shield is not altered by Mortal Strike and similar healing-reducing debuffs; in these situations it can sometimes be more effective to shield a tank first, rather than spam heals right away."

I guess that statement is either wrong or outdated?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
http://www.wowwiki.com/Power_Word:_Shield

"The effectiveness of Power Word: Shield is not altered by Mortal Strike and similar healing-reducing debuffs; in these situations it can sometimes be more effective to shield a tank first, rather than spam heals right away."

I guess that statement is either wrong or outdated?

As far as I know, PW: Shield is not made smaller by mortal strike or healing reducing debuffs.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Its not a heal. Debuffs that reduce healing do not affect them.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Shields shouldn't be reduced. After all, all of the raid boss abilities that reduce healing done don't work on it. The issue with shields in pvp is being dispelled, more often than not.

I tested this out back on chimaeron in BWD tier 11. He reduces all healing done by 99% during his execute phase. Was rather op being able to bubble-bot the raid.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]