Looking for gay friendly guilds in Vashj

My guild is certainly gay friendly, I'm bisexual. But I don't know if you'd want to join because we're a low level guild.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I doubt many gays are looking to date on WoW. The reason why some gay people look for a gay or at least gay-friendly guild is that they (myself included) get tired of hearing routine homophobia, the use of "gay" to mean "stupid", and endless discussion of young straight-male fantasies (often told with an obvious desperation to establish the straightness of the speaker), coupled with no patience or response whatsoever when a gay person mentions his/her partner or the like.

I reject the concept that sexuality, that is, !@#$%^-*!@ity, should have no role in WoW. After all, as mentioned above, straight males frequently talk about their girlfriends, what they find attractive, and so on. This idea is a mild form of prejudice, often said without awareness that the hearers may view it that way. It's the same idea that it's OK to talk about being Christian, but not (say) being Jewish (that's "pushing" your religion), or OK to be conservative politically but not OK to be liberal (or vice versa, though most of the politics I've heard in WoW is basic red-state stuff).
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I doubt many gays are looking to date on WoW. The reason why some gay people look for a gay or at least gay-friendly guild is that they (myself included) get tired of hearing routine homophobia, the use of "gay" to mean "stupid", and endless discussion of young straight-male fantasies (often told with an obvious desperation to establish the straightness of the speaker), coupled with no patience or response whatsoever when a gay person mentions his/her partner or the like.

I reject the concept that sexuality, that is, !@#$%^-*!@ity, should have no role in WoW. After all, as mentioned above, straight males frequently talk about their girlfriends, what they find attractive, and so on. This idea is a mild form of prejudice, often said without awareness that the hearers may view it that way. It's the same idea that it's OK to talk about being Christian, but not (say) being Jewish (that's "pushing" your religion), or OK to be conservative politically but not OK to be liberal (or vice versa, though most of the politics I've heard in WoW is basic red-state stuff).

It's ok. Not everyone is out to get you. You can quit looking over your shoulder.

I'm just glad that not all liberal gays are as sensitive as you. You need to talk to Robert and learn how to be an easygoing gay liberal.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid

It's ok. Not everyone is out to get you. You can quit looking over your shoulder.

I'm just glad that not all liberal gays are as sensitive as you. You need to talk to Robert and learn how to be an easygoing gay liberal.

That's gay
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
join the resivor dogs there full of gays n overly emotional women
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I actually actively try and combat homophobic speech in guildchat. What you were (are?) asking about was a question I asked directly of the guildmaster when trying to join Pandem, and I have been satisfied with the results.

tl;dr: listen to Joefu
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]