When will Thunderlord get better lol?

86 Troll Druid
We need like a free server migration. Seriously the Horde side is dead. I heard alliance has a lot of players but I'm not race changing.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
The best part is Ghostcrawler's tweet: "We don't really want small pop servers to have advantages though. We think larger pop servers are more fun."

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/status/285815310253174785

Pretty much acknowledging the fact that the people on servers like Stormrage, Sargeras, Illidan and so on are getting more for their money. A lot of people are only sticking around low-pop servers because the cost to transfer their whole army of alts is astronomical.

Rift allowed one free server transfer every week. Take a note Blizzard, you already stole multiple things from Rift so why not another?
Edited by Lau on 1/14/2013 6:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Blizzard doesn't really care about the players nor their experience in the game, all that matters to them is milking a brand and making as much $$ as possible. this became clear in Diablo 3.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
High population servers are great for things like raid progression, recruiting and making gold on the AH but they come with the price tag of super lag, tons and tons of gold farmer spam, tons of bots and rare mobs are pretty difficult to get since they're farmed relentlessly. Also if you're on a server like Illidan you pretty much have to be Horde if you want to avoid being unmercifully camped since there are very few Alliance on that server.

That being said, yes the Thunderlord community has taken a pretty bad hit population wise and those of us left can feel it more and more everyday. If you compare even Wrath raiding guilds to Cata raiding guilds you can see where we start to drop off and by the end of Cata/start of Panda it's pretty disheartening to see how few guilds are left keeping the server alive. To be fair there are a lot of inactive players on Thunderlord too which is why we see guilds with 400-800 members but will have 10-30 online on a good night (i.e. Tuesday).

It is annoying that Blizzard basically shrugs at servers like Thunderlord and offers no real consolation for those of us staying on a sinking ship. Our options are transfer one character with all of your BoA gear, as much gold as you can take with and start over or hope a rich relative passes away and leaves you their fortune so you can transfer 11 x $25 ($50 if faction) toons or more depending on how many accounts you/your household have/has.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Yeah. Trying to recruit on thunderlord is like trying to get water from a stone. Players either have no raiding experience, or feel they are the best that ever was because they managed too kill a few bosses. Thunderlord progression is polishing the silver on a sinking ship, so you better be able to sing and have a good time while the water creeps up past your knees.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
Burning Crusade :-(
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Oh no, we suck again!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
The server will get better when you all leave.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
01/16/2013 01:10 AMPosted by Darkprime
The server will get better when you all leave.

Geez Prime, are you still around? Shouldn't you be like, putting out fires or something?
Reply Quote
01/14/2013 09:09 PMPosted by Tsokin
Yeah. Trying to recruit on thunderlord is like trying to get water from a stone. Players either have no raiding experience, or feel they are the best that ever was because they managed too kill a few bosses. Thunderlord progression is polishing the silver on a sinking ship, so you better be able to sing and have a good time while the water creeps up past your knees.

Almost an understatement.
Reply Quote
tldr; Blizzard wants to see if you'll pay for a realm xfer off low pop so they can offer a free one right back to Thunderlord.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Take a note Blizzard, you already stole multiple things from Rift so why not another?

like what??
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
High population servers are great for things like raid progression, recruiting and making gold on the AH but they come with the price tag of super lag, tons and tons of gold farmer spam, tons of bots and rare mobs are pretty difficult to get since they're farmed relentlessly. Also if you're on a server like Illidan you pretty much have to be Horde if you want to avoid being unmercifully camped since there are very few Alliance on that server.

That being said, yes the Thunderlord community has taken a pretty bad hit population wise and those of us left can feel it more and more everyday. If you compare even Wrath raiding guilds to Cata raiding guilds you can see where we start to drop off and by the end of Cata/start of Panda it's pretty disheartening to see how few guilds are left keeping the server alive. To be fair there are a lot of inactive players on Thunderlord too which is why we see guilds with 400-800 members but will have 10-30 online on a good night (i.e. Tuesday).

It is annoying that Blizzard basically shrugs at servers like Thunderlord and offers no real consolation for those of us staying on a sinking ship. Our options are transfer one character with all of your BoA gear, as much gold as you can take with and start over or hope a rich relative passes away and leaves you their fortune so you can transfer 11 x $25 ($50 if faction) toons or more depending on how many accounts you/your household have/has.

I feel like CRZ removed the one disadvantage of being on a high pop server while it took away the only benefit of being on a low pop server: access to resources and rares. So the small pop servers just got worse while the high pop servers got better. It's pretty much a nutjob by blizzard for people playing on small pop servers.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I'm so tired of Blizz walking all over us on these low pop servers. I love tlord, it's quaint and small despite a horrible economy, and I love the playerbase. I won't be paying them MORE on top of the 40$ each xpac and 15$ a month just so i can earn the dev's favor and have a 'better playing experience'.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]