dear sellers of gems

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Have you no respect for yourselves? Do you believe your product to be worth less then vendor value? Do you believe in undercutting not by a mere silver or 3, but by 100 gold?

I SAY NAY!

Now is the time for us to shine, our product in full demand as ever, as the server livens, thrives and epics continue to rain down upon us, and need gems. 65g? Psh, a mere 4 dailies eclipses this cost, with room for a repair bill to spare! 100g? Oooh, they covered the gold they got from LFR. But I say dream big! i see gems being worth their true value, 200 gold! Also, for those of you who post gems below 20 gold, let alone under 10 gold, FOR SHAME!

It is not a "mere click of a button", it was farming to get JC that high, the agonizing "what cut will I get today," the time spent to prospect, the time to put up gems on the AH, with the expensive fee, let alone cut they take, that makes our product so worthwhile. Blizzard has enabled us to be able to make gold, let us do so!

Seriously, people put some gems up under vendor value? For shame.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
We should form a trade union...!!!

But really, prices will bounce back with the supplies dropping at this rate.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
well technincally monopolies and fix rigging are against ToS, but....encourgement which thusfar has gone unheeded...
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
It's actually not against the ToS to fix prices, but it doesn't really work when people outside the group just undercuts everybody.

The best tip I can give to fight those deep undercuts is to buy and resell, but that comes with some risk too of course. I read this auction guide a few years ago and it's really helpful to deal with these kinds of situations: http://greedygoblin.blogspot.com/2009/09/industry-part-2.html
Edited by Westen on 1/16/2013 8:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
yea, i know, ive been combating most gems below 20g, but....yea. thanks though :)
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I would not complain about this at all! buy them all out and keep reselling! amazing profit.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
its the people who undercut a gem from 250g to 99g, and then from 99g to 35g that really grind my gears. idgaf if you undercut me by 1%, thats my margin and good business on your part.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]