Huge disc changes in the ptr build

90 Blood Elf Priest
01/17/2013 03:28 PMPosted by Taymage
Wrong. Absorbs are always superior to healing of the same amount.

Yes, that bubble on a person with 10% health as a crush-type ability is barreling toward the raid is just wonderful. *rolls eyes*

It does exactly the same thing as an instant heal of the same size.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
01/17/2013 05:25 PMPosted by Kaels

Yes, that bubble on a person with 10% health as a crush-type ability is barreling toward the raid is just wonderful. *rolls eyes*

You must have missed the part where I wrote "crush-type ability"
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
They should've reverted DA from PoH to 30% and left it, leaving it as-is for all other spells. Nerfing Rapture this much is a bit harsh. I'm still the first healer to go OOM in my raid despite however "OP" it is now and I play as efficiently as I can.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior

Are you talking about a different crush than Garalon's crush or something? Because there is no special reason why healing increases survivability against an impending crush more than equivalent absorption.
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Priest
01/17/2013 05:25 PMPosted by Kaels

That isnt as true as you might think. Shields dont crit for starters meaning the heal has a chance depending on gear to go much farther. Heals also dont have a time limit on how long they last. Once you are healed that is your health until you take damage again.

The fact is when it comes to people who have taken damage shields are a short term solution to a long term problem. In reality they serves two purposes in a raid, to secure someone until a heal can land, and to provide a additional padding for full health targets about to take damage. Right now encounters are so predictable due to pretty much all of them using the "high raid damage at timed interval" mechanic that disc can and will make them trivial. Just because the encounters play right into discs hands doesnt change the fact of the purpose of absorbs in a raid setting.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage

Are you talking about a different crush than Garalon's crush or something? Because there is no special reason why healing increases survivability against an impending crush more than equivalent absorption.

I was referring to whether disc has the tools to heal massive raidwide damage up. I realize you can't tell that from my response to Tiberria's incessant attempts to prove Disc is 1000000000x better than all specs and should be nerfed into the ground, but that's what I was talking about.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
People outrage over changes, but they never even attempt to try it out. Buffs/Nerfs, you can't find a way to maximize yourselves around changes? What happened to skilled players tackling new content?

I've been meaning to switch to disc simply for the absorbs and fail to see what the big deal is. Yes, numbers change around. I've been skimming through all the mathematicians' data and find it fascinating, yet look forward to exactly how much the changes will alter gameplay.

Things change. It's about the skill more than the changes. There's no such thing as OP classes, but OP players. I came expecting some opinions of how to make this work and what anyone might suggest, but read QQs all over the place and backhanded responses of who's the better player and has the bigger epeen.

TL;DR: :/ Stay classy, forums.

What exactly do you think there is to "try out"? I've been following Disc changes closely for 3 years now, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out when Blizzard is going too far in one direction or the other. About two months into MoP after the initial "Wow, Disc is terrible and needs some buffs" phase, Disc was in a pretty good place. Then, Blizzard kept buffing Disc more and more and more. I didn't understand why, and I still don't. Now they're realizing they buffed it too much and are actually pushing Disc back to MoP-launch levels, if not worse. I know Disc is overpowered right now, but who is to blame for that? Blizzard, for not knowing when to stop the buff-train.

Oh it's definitely worse, A LOT worse. With the current notes disc will be the worst it's ever been in the entire time I've played it, so at least 4 years. These changes are bad enough that I'll need to switch holy seriously for the first time since ICC. I've stuck with disc through the highs and lows since then, but this is borderline useless.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Just tested Iron Qon, and Shield spam is pretty dang viable in its PTR incarnation. Do not want.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
01/17/2013 07:07 PMPosted by Synariel
Just tested Iron Qon, and Shield spam is pretty dang viable in its PTR incarnation. Do not want.

Could you test SS and find out how much it's shielding for? It'd be much appreciated, thanks!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
From just testing on myself, self-buffed, no flask, it's doing 114k from one GH, 75-81k from one PoH cast without AA (seems high to me?), and 85k from a FH. I just d/c'd yet again so I can't really see what it is with AA/IF, I'm sorry

Edit: have they actually implemented all Priest changes aside from DA on PTR? I'm not sure.
Edited by Synariel on 1/17/2013 7:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/17/2013 07:07 PMPosted by Synariel

That's really depressing to hear.

To fix this they'll probably nerf Rapture into oblivion. I honestly don't think they know what they're doing when it comes to Priests.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
From just testing on myself, self-buffed, no flask, it's doing 114k from one GH, 75-81k from one PoH cast without AA (seems high to me?), and 85k from a FH. I just d/c'd yet again so I can't really see what it is with AA/IF, I'm sorry

Edit: have they actually implemented all Priest changes aside from DA on PTR? I'm not sure.

I'm not sure either, but those numbers for PoH are really high!
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

That's really depressing to hear.

To fix this they'll probably nerf Rapture into oblivion. I honestly don't think they know what they're doing when it comes to Priests.

The current ptr pw:s is operating at a 50% reduced mana cost as of today during the qon testing. The official statement is that it's supposed to be a 25% reduced cost. Rapture is also at 100% of your spirit and it should be 150%. So basically, we're 1 build behind the intended build (which is the one where they said pw:s was viable). For practical testing, the best thing we can hope for is that they update the ptr to the 25% reduction and 150% spirit before the next available raid testing period.

Edit:
01/17/2013 07:15 PMPosted by Synariel

I didn't see that quote, but they haven't yet. The new glyphs haven't been changed yet either.
Edited by Twistedmind on 1/17/2013 7:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Thanks for the clarifications, Twisted.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Most of these changes are because priest healers in general are garbage in PvP. These changes are not for PvE.

All, or at least most, of these changes are very much needed for PvP priests.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Priests have the worst regen mechanic in game - it's the only one that can be nullified or greatly mitigated by having a second of the same class in raid.
Edited by Bloodydeekay on 1/17/2013 8:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Pvp as a disc priest is brutal right now. When going up against constant silences, stuns, and fears it's important to be able to bring in some big heals to get your health back. Now with heals as they are, you just aren't able to heal back up without wasting a large majority of your mana. Mana regen needs to be fixed somehow because if spells aren't going to get better, then we are going to need a faster mana regen. For arena however, it's not as difficult to conserve mana, but once you're oom in pvp you are useless. Disc needs to be fixed in a loooot of ways imo.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Going to cry in a corner.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/17/2013 09:53 PMPosted by Màtty
Going to cry in a corner.

I'll be doing the same once i finish uninstalling.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
HC
=\
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]