Huge disc changes in the ptr build

90 Blood Elf Priest

The only thing that's too much for me is your guild's healers circlejerking each other over how right you are about everything. you guys need a new hobby that isn't trolling the healing forums.

I can hear it now, in a couple of hours during your raid having a good time over vent "haha did you guys see the new priest nerfs? haha we called that didn't we? remember that time when we said priests were fine? and they buffed priests? and now theyre getting nerfed? oh man haha how right were we."

Wow, were you spying on us when we thought of this elaborate plan on how to react when we knew what was going to happen.. happened.

nah I just have you guys pegged

edit for taymage
Edited by Noxnzee on 1/16/2013 4:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
01/16/2013 04:07 PMPosted by Sensations
when we knew what was going to happen.. happened

Amusingly, Quess, Tiriel, Kaels, Twistedmind, etc. all also worried about this after Blizzard handed out those stupid, ham-handed buffs.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
01/16/2013 04:08 PMPosted by Noxnzee
nah I just have you retards pegged

I haven't been particularly happy with some of them myself, but this is way beyond over the top. You need to check yourself, badly, and quit with the insults.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I think I'll be fine with the Rapture adjustment seeing that they severely reduced the mana cost of PW:S. Not to mention, people in this thread seemed to forget about Inner Will which would reduce the mana cost of PW:S even farther.

However, if the Divine Aegis-PoH change is real and isn't a typo then Disc will be probably be worse off than before. I'd be fine with this change if Blizzard finally gave Disc additional tools to heal the raid because a nerfed PoH, nerfed SS, and PoM isn't going to cut it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
nah I just have you retards pegged

I haven't been particularly happy with some of them myself, but this is way beyond over the top. You need to check yourself, badly, and quit with the insults.

someone has to call them out. they're argumentative in almost every thread I see them in - any thread relating to disc priests and they're there instantly.

it's hardly over the top.

one of my pet peeves is mediocre players acting like they know everything.
Edited by Noxnzee on 1/16/2013 4:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Ghostcrawler said they would not be giving us any additional tools mid-expansion.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
01/16/2013 04:12 PMPosted by Noxnzee

Some friendly advice: calling people "retards" is WAY over the top.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
mhmmmmmmm yummy tears.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

Some friendly advice: calling people "retards" is WAY over the top.

sorry if my language distracted from the point that inexperienced and underachieving healers are acting like they're qualified to make such statements

edit for taymage
Edited by Noxnzee on 1/16/2013 4:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
*hits head on desk*
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
i fixed it for you bud dont worry
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/16/2013 04:13 PMPosted by Alashe
Ghostcrawler said they would not be giving us any additional tools mid-expansion.

Fine then adjust a current spell of ours, Mind Sear.

Light Sear
- Channeled
Causes an explosion of shadow magic around the target, causing X Shadow damage every 1 sec for 5 sec to all enemies within 10 yards around the target and Y healing every 1 sec for 5 sec to all allies within 15 yards of the target.

Sounds fun to me :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Does this mean I can be holy again without being told I am gimping my raid group?
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
There are some very butthurt Shaman in this world.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/16/2013 03:07 PMPosted by Sensations
I'm sorry though, it's hard to read you on this subject. You're just so jovial about it, which is sad to see since it's not good for healer balance. If DA is entirely removed from non-crit PoH, the spec is dead.

I can be an a'hole, yes.

Honestly it's pretty obvious it's either a Datamining error or just a test, considering just last week GC said they're going to try "reducing" the benefit DA gets from PoH and not remove. :p

That's nice, Sensations. But I'd have a lot more respect for you if you trolled a bit less. Your attitude, and your blatant attempts at starting flame wars are entirely unneeded. I expected better of you, but I guess my expectations were far too high.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/16/2013 04:19 PMPosted by Senari

Fine then adjust a current spell of ours, Mind Sear.

Light Sear
- Channeled
Causes an explosion of shadow magic around the target, causing X Shadow damage every 1 sec for 5 sec to all enemies within 10 yards around the target and Y healing every 1 sec for 5 sec to all allies within 15 yards of the target.

Sounds fun to me :)

That sounds awesome, actually. Khendra made a really excellent post about tweaking penance to be a genuine AE heal, and there's always holy nova, which could be so fun.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Hm... let me try it like this

You cannot just look at the end rapture gain in a WoL parse and call it actual "mana gained" because it doesn't take into account the actual mana cost of power word shield. Like you have to subtract rapture from the cost of power word shield.

For example, let's say I am sitting at 40000 mana (with that 9150 spirit number again). I use a shield, my mana drops to 21700. But, let's say my shield popped immediately and so I am right back at 40000 (9150 * 2 (the 200% given by rapture) + 21700).

Post-patch, I am again at 40000 mana (with 9150 spirit again). I use my shield, BUT my mana only drops to 30850 this time since the cost of the shield was reduced as well. Thus, even though I only gain back 9150 mana from rapture (9150 * 1 (the now "nerfed" 100%)) I am back at 4000 mana meaning my net mana gain was still 0.

Thus, that 9150 spirit point is the neutral area where you will see no change come patch day. If you are going past 9150 (I did the example of 12000 spirit), if you do the math you will see that over a 7 minute fight, and assuming you are popping 4 bubbles per minute (which is fair considering a lot of fights have lulls where no damage is going out), your net mana gain will only be 80,000 less over the entire duration of those 7 minutes which is the equivalent of 2 concentration potions.

I dunno if that helps, but... it might!

No - that is idiotic logic. If you exclude the cost of PW:S when calculating Rapture gains, you are effectively saying that they should give you a PW:S every 12 seconds as completely mana free healing. If doesn't work that way. That argument is the same as saying that Holy Power and Chi based heals should not even be considered when balancing regen (or worse arguing that you should deduct the mana cost of the Holy Shock type generators from the return) and that Resurgence shouldn't count as regen because the spells that you cast to proc it cost mana.

You are spending mana to get the PW:S absorb, and you are getting full advantage of that output if the shield breaks and Rapture procs. 100% of the mana cost that is refunded is part of your regen system, and you are balanced around it.

Yeah I am pretty sure you didn't actually read the post.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I completely agree that Disc is rather OP in raids right now, more so in 25s than 10s. It is just getting a little old how Blizzard is handling healing Priests in expansions, specifically Disc. The beginning of expansions tend to have healing Priests as the weaker healers, then they overcompensate with buffs, again specifically Disc, and then finally they bring them down also in rather harsh waves of nerfs that tends to put them again slightly below other healing classes. Now, again this still is just in PTR stages which should not stir panic, but it should be kept under watch. I hope the developers can figure out truly what they want to do with Priest healing. It is getting really old going through the motions of drastic changes in both buffs and nerfs that make the class both enjoyable and dismal to play from tier to tier. Please get this figured out Blizzard. This is not a plea just for Disc either, this is for both Disc AND Holy priest's concerns.
Edited by Solise on 1/16/2013 4:41 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]