5.2 Flawed logic and assumption [T2 Gear]

90 Night Elf Hunter
01/18/2013 11:21 AMPosted by Xyril
If everyone has T2, it will be a level playing field, and will not help a casual player like myself get the 2200 achievement. Skill will be the sole determinant, not gear.

Idk man you say that but have you ever fought a T2 Cat cleave...even the bad ones are insane.

That will be a comp and class balancing issue, for a separate topic
90 Human Warrior

Castro? really? wow...that has nothing to do with this system of competition. I wonder how you would run the NBA, MLB or NFL? giving better gear to those who won previous years and restricting the new rockie of the year to play equally equipped? wow...

T2 = Muscles in the NFL
You work hard to achieve the muscles and the muscles aid you.

Why work hard to get these big muscles if it doesn't benefit you.

Steroids = free muscles which is frowned upon.

Why should people get T2 for free?

Everybody starts off at the same point, it's you and your fault only if you cannot achieve T2, why must you ruin it for everyone else?

There are two types of people on this thread, people who want to keep T2 because they earned it, or people who want the game to be easier for them because they can't get T2.

I feel like most of you voted for Obama, you all seem to want free !@#$.

how the hell did you come up to the conclusion that T2=muscles?! haha

How fast you can run or how far you can throw a ball or even how hard you can tackle someone comes with practice and skill. Muscle comes into this category. If you don’t train your muscle for next year you will lose that muscle. You are not guaranteed to maintain that same muscle if you don’t train hard for it. Sorry but T2 is not muscle. T2 would come to compare something like steroids since you could just sit there not train and still remain strong. Steroids is what Blizz is trying to avoid; equal competition is what they are trying to promote.
A reward to those players who win is a ring…guess what…that ring does not help them play better next year ;)
17 Night Elf Priest
T2 = Muscles in the NFL

Silly Poppy, you're so right. The NFL artificially caps player's strength. Only after their team breaks 2200 season yards are they then permitted to get stronger.

It makes for interesting play-off games when one of the uncapped teams plays the puny capped teams. Its like watching Alabama play those nerds at Notre Dame. lol pwned.
90 Orc Death Knight

T2 = Muscles in the NFL

Why work hard to get these big muscles if it doesn't benefit you.

Steroids = free muscles which is frowned upon.

Why should people get T2 for free?

Everybody starts off at the same point, it's you and your fault only if you cannot achieve T2, why must you ruin it for everyone else?

There are two types of people on this thread, people who want to keep T2 because they earned it, or people who want the game to be easier for them because they can't get T2.

I feel like most of you voted for Obama, you all seem to want free !@#$.

How fast you can run or how far you can throw a ball or even how hard you can tackle someone comes with practice and skill. Muscle comes into this category. If you don’t train your muscle for next year you will lose that muscle. You are not guaranteed to maintain that same muscle if you don’t train hard for it. Sorry but T2 is not muscle. T2 would come to compare something like steroids since you could just sit there not train and still remain strong. Steroids is what Blizz is trying to avoid; equal competition is what they are trying to promote.
A reward to those players who win is a ring…guess what…that ring does not help them play better next year ;)

The ring does, motivation, confidence, money, better players.

You're wrong.
100 Orc Shaman
is going to quit because the gear grind ran out.

I noticed you have no T2. In any case, please no more long arguments as they never go anywhere and both sides already been looked at.

Most of the T1 guys want it removed and most of the T2 players want to keep it. We need to turn this into a simple thread for it to get noticed.

If you agree you want to earn your way then reply with "Respect"

If you disagree and want everything handed to you then type "Obama" ok, that was joke. Just say "Disagree" guys.

Actually, it is broken down into categories:

1. Sub 2200: Like this change.

2. Barely 2200/2200 RBG players: Hate this change.

3. Best players in game, AJ Glad: Like this change.

I dont see where most of the T2 players hate this change. The only people who hate this change is a very small minority of barely 2200 players, 2200 RBG players(who enjoy stomping on undergeared RBG teams with their T2 thanks to solo que, basically), and Carry sellers/buyers.

Most people who arena support this change. I can see why RBGer hate it; they love getting T2 then queing with their 1500 buddies and doing 8 billion damage and farming undergeared noobs like they are in a random BG. Also, carry sellers/buyers, because one is spending money, and the other is losing it.

Its funny, the most vocal people about this change is 2200+ RBGers, for very obvious reasons.
Edited by Healubaddies on 1/18/2013 11:35 AM PST
90 Night Elf Hunter

If everyone has T2, it will be a level playing field, and will not help a casual player like myself get the 2200 achievement. Skill will be the sole determinant, not gear.

If NFL changed it rules so that only the winning team can wear shoes, and the losing team is not entitled to wear shoes until they hit a certain ranking, do you think that is fair?

You're a complete idiot, everyone in the NFL started with shoes.
Use real analogy's !@#$ing mongo.

T2 = The amount of fans. The more fans, the more money your team brings in, the more money your team brings in ,the better the players you can draft, buy, trade, etc. How do you get fans? YOU WIN.

Resorting to name calling again, please grow up

The NFL analogy was yours

Disagree with your latest iteration of T2 = amount of fans. T2 is a piece of equipment that you put on a player. The rest of your paragraph is gibberish.

Interesting that your should associate T2 with more fans and more money. Yes, it was always about the money for you isn't it.

Finally revealing your true colours?
Yes. Blizzard must be working under the delusion that their PvP community does PvP because they enjoy PvP. Blizzard should realize that every player is actually a mouthbreather that can only be motivated to PvP by the promise of shiny purple items.
90 Night Elf Hunter

You're wrong.

Correction. You think he is wrong. I agree with him.

Do not mistaken your opinion for fact
90 Orc Death Knight

You're a complete idiot, everyone in the NFL started with shoes.
Use real analogy's !@#$ing mongo.

T2 = The amount of fans. The more fans, the more money your team brings in, the more money your team brings in ,the better the players you can draft, buy, trade, etc. How do you get fans? YOU WIN.

Resorting to name calling again, please grow up

The NFL analogy was yours

Disagree with your latest iteration of T2 = amount of fans. T2 is a piece of equipment that you put on a player. The rest of your paragraph is gibberish.

Interesting that your should associate T2 with more fans and more money. Yes, it was always about the money for you isn't it.

Finally revealing your true colours?

I didn't start the NFL analogy
1 Night Elf Warrior
Of course it's about the money for rbg carry sellers like Poppy and Bailamos. They're losing income with this change.

Btw, I have t2 on my main and I support this change.
Edited by Rrooffll on 1/18/2013 11:33 AM PST
90 Human Warrior

You're wrong.

motivation...nothing to do with this system. this wont make you a better player. you could have all your moms motivation but if you suck in the field you simply suck.
confidence...same
money? who is talking about money? you are not getting paid to play. you actually pay to play haha
better players? i just told you the ring wont make them play batter next year.

I welcome Blizz change...either join the change or leave.
getting hungry...peace!
Edited by Prophexor on 1/18/2013 11:36 AM PST

Correction. You think he is wrong. I agree with him.

Do not mistaken your opinion for fact

Heh.
90 Night Elf Hunter
01/18/2013 11:32 AMPosted by Rrooffll
Of course it's about the money for rbg carry sellers like Poppy and Bailamos. They're losing income with this change.

It is an outright breach of TOC, Blizzard needs to clamp down and take action against these offenders
90 Night Elf Hunter

money? who is talking about money?

The only one talking about money here is Poppy

Draw your own conclusions
1 Night Elf Warrior

Btw, I have t2 on my main and I support this change.

Then post on your main.

No thanks, I'm staying anonymous. :) Don't want to risk getting ddos-ed by Poppy.
1 Troll Warrior
I haven't seen a single person in this thread with T2 in favor of the changes.

In the converse, ~95% of the people with T1 posting in this thread are in favor of the changes.

RESPECT

You are missing the whole point of what blizzard is trying to do. This has nothing to do with what weapons people currently have T1 or T2. Arena in it's current state is dead. No one plays outside of carries and the randoms doing 2's for weekly cap (90% of the T2 weapons out there are from sales).

Those that truly enjoy competitive arena should embrace these changes. You will have tons more PvPers doing arena again, legitimately pushing rating for bigger caps. More people q'ing at the proper MMR will drastically improve the overall quality of arena. Bigger weekly caps is the incentive! This will motivate people to become better at PvP instead of just buying carries.
Edited by Lokpio on 1/18/2013 11:41 AM PST
71 Dwarf Hunter
Basically from what I hear.

Elitist pvpers? Don't like it.

Casuals? Love it.

this isn't actually true at all, the only people complaining about it are the bads that complain about anything on this forum. check arena junkies

http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/235521-pvp-gear-in-52-and-beyond/

What he says is true, and now seeing pop is somewhat of an RBG hero, maybe he'd get crapped on AJ just like te "R1 RBG hero" Bailmos attempted to do.

http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/235534-patch-52-death-of-pvp-interview/#entry3837242

Makes me wonder sometimes, "What would happen if they took away rated bgs? Would these guys ever break 2200?"
Edited by Baskalisk on 1/18/2013 11:44 AM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]