5.2 Flawed logic and assumption [T2 Gear]

90 Blood Elf Paladin

What he says is true, and now seeing pop is somewhat of an RBG hero, maybe he'd get crapped on AJ just like te "R1 RBG hero" Bailmos attempted to do.

http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/235534-patch-52-death-of-pvp-interview/#entry3837242

Wow Bailamos is the biggest prick I've ever seen! Couldn't even listen to the whole thing because of how much of a prick he is.

They don't even care because it's rbg and not arena. RBG hero for sure.
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/18/2013 12:17 PMPosted by Thirtytwox
Please stay on topic Anurakis, Dont let your "ADHD" get the best of you.

How the hell did you know I have ADD? Don't search my bins, bro.

Bailamos, huge misplaced ego, gets trolled by Reed and doesn't realise it, makes thread in response, looks like total knob.
Edited by Anurakis on 1/18/2013 12:25 PM PST
1 Night Elf Warrior
Bailamos making a speech tonight about how pvp is dead.

http://tinypic.com/r/25ixm43/6
90 Human Mage

Actually, it is broken down into categories:

1. Sub 2200: Like this change.

2. Barely 2200/2200 RBG players: Hate this change.

3. Best players in game, AJ Glad: Like this change.

I dont see where most of the T2 players hate this change. The only people who hate this change is a very small minority of barely 2200 players, 2200 RBG players(who enjoy stomping on undergeared RBG teams with their T2 thanks to solo que, basically), and Carry sellers/buyers.

Most people who arena support this change. I can see why RBGer hate it; they love getting T2 then queing with their 1500 buddies and doing 8 billion damage and farming undergeared noobs like they are in a random BG. Also, carry sellers/buyers, because one is spending money, and the other is losing it.

Its funny, the most vocal people about this change is 2200+ RBGers, for very obvious reasons.

I think most people all around love these changes, you have clearly stated some of the issues that were fixed and why people did not like those issues being fixed. However, we need to look at the other issues that these changes bring up. The main one being lack of incentive until the end of season after gearing up.
71 Dwarf Hunter

I dont see where most of the T2 players hate this change. The only people who hate this change is a very small minority of barely 2200 players, 2200 RBG players(who enjoy stomping on undergeared RBG teams with their T2 thanks to solo que, basically), and Carry sellers/buyers.

Most people who arena support this change. I can see why RBGer hate it; they love getting T2 then queing with their 1500 buddies and doing 8 billion damage and farming undergeared noobs like they are in a random BG. Also, carry sellers/buyers, because one is spending money, and the other is losing it.

Its funny, the most vocal people about this change is 2200+ RBGers, for very obvious reasons.

I think most people all around love these changes, you have clearly stated some of the issues that were fixed and why people did not like those issues being fixed. However, we need to look at the other issues that these changes bring up. The main one being lack of incentive until the end of season after gearing up.

Yea that's the prob at the moment on AJ. This is a great change, but PvPers wouldn't mind more rewards for obtaining higher ratings.

Also I just realized that every peson on the first page agreeing with the initial poster are rbg heroes that either havn't hit 2.2k at all in 3s or even gotten to "Duelist." I'm kinda suprised how is a dk (Pop) not even duelist. I'm a casual player and have even obtained that. Again, oh well, RBG heroes.
Edited by Baskalisk on 1/18/2013 1:07 PM PST
100 Blood Elf Monk
I think cosmetic junk for 2200+ and ship this patch tomorrow.
100 Dwarf Shaman
Sorry, but if this goes through my time with WoW is coming to an end.

They are going in reverse of what they should be doing, which is maximizing incentive by putting ratings on everything, and lowering the rating requirements.

What this does is just promote RBGs (which are crap) even further due to their massive conq increase over arenas.

This will permanently slay arenas, there is 0 purpose to doing them. And to anybody comparing LoL to WoW, get real.
100 Orc Shaman
Many people are trying to argue Blizzard is purely interested in the money (Which may be true) therefore they go out of there way to attribute the general population of the WoW community which are casual players. It just seems to me that T2 is one of the most gratifying achievements for most of these "casual players" so what would happen if you took possibly the only feat in reasonable reach for some of these players who don't put much time into the game, would the "casual player" lose interest in the game due to lack of goals? I haven't seen "casual" players spam trade chat "LF R1 or GLadiator push", I typically see the old "LF 3S for 2200 to get T2" ETC. I think Blizzard will be losing money if they implement this, from both casual and hardcore players.

We all know why high end players may or not oppose the the T2 changes, but i thought I would look at the other perspective.

Thanks,

Stay beautiful.

the only money thats going to be lost is from T2 weapon and 2200 sells
90 Human Paladin
01/17/2013 08:38 PMPosted by Xyril
I've noticed all of the people in favor for the free T2 are the ones without T2.

hey man I don't have it this season AND I'M NOT IN FAVOR

urr body bout to get ddos'd by poppy men
100 Orc Shaman

How is the arena ladder any different then other games' ladder systems, though? Like League for example. People que that all day every day, and they dont hand out anything till the end, either. Hell, they dont even have a gear grind. I dont see the difference in why arena ladders cant be the same as say, League ladders. They are virtually the same type of system, except you can get more games in on League on average then you can arena, because of teams.

I understand people want/need incentives, but other games out there work on the same systems and have way way more participation then WoW arena. The game should simply be fun for you to play, just like League is for most of the ELO grinders out there.

I see yall want more titles/etc., but people are going to have to stop being so elitist and appreciate the ones you already have, too, or more incentives are just a waste. Since when does Duelist or Rival mean a bad thing? People have this notion of Glad/R1 or bust, and no matter how many titles they add, this mindset has to change first before any new titles even matter.

It is not Blizzard's fault that players in the upper echelon feel that wayl. They dont feel that way in other games; most people are happy to say they are bronze, plat, etc., whereas in wow saying you are challenger or something makes you a laughing stock.
90 Orc Death Knight
Thanks for the positive feedback most of you, just those certain people who don't understand PVP..
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/18/2013 02:02 PMPosted by Poppychulox
Thanks for the positive feedback most of you, just those certain people who don't understand PVP..

You mean rbgs. Not arenas.
90 Undead Rogue
Increasingly rampant win trading and sold carries caused this. It was ignored for a long, long time, but the escalation from the RBG front finally got Blizz's attention. Now you'll have to win without a massive gear advantage. Oh no, the horror.
90 Orc Death Knight
01/18/2013 02:05 PMPosted by Positron

I think everyone can agree you don't know much about either
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/18/2013 02:12 PMPosted by Poppychulox

Just as much as you how you don't know arenas.

No one cares about rbgs heroes on AJ. They don't care period.

Not against vanity though. Never have.
90 Orc Death Knight

Just as much as you how you don't know arenas.

No one cares about rbgs heroes on AJ. They don't care period.

Not against vanity though. Never have.

You're a hero of nothing unfortunately.
90 Human Monk
Great change.

Pvp incentive is to win and get a title.*

The same gear (pvpwise) should be available to all. PvP should never be about gear. Also this gives blizzard access to more realistic and numerous numbers as "most" of the players will have the same gear..and can be balanced around such.

pve is a different game.

*Also yeah, no one cares about rbg's with all the wintrading and ddossing going around. Even arena titles/mounts that you epeened around a capital city with are kind of meh.
90 Blood Elf Paladin

You're a hero of nothing unfortunately.

You think being a RBG hero means anything?

I've repeatedly said I'm fine with cosmetics anyways so what's the problem?
Community Manager
Totally agree in principle,but I'm not sure we need to keep a hurdle in, and adversely affect the PvP game, just to give people something to shoot for. We'll have a cosmetically different enchant available at 2200 in 5.2, and going along those lines we're looking at what potential future cosmetic rewards we could add for various ratings in the future.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]