5.2 Flawed logic and assumption [T2 Gear]

91 Human Monk
01/18/2013 03:13 PMPosted by Bashiok
Totally agree in principle,but I'm not sure we need to keep a hurdle in, and adversely affect the PvP game, just to give people something to shoot for. We'll have a cosmetically different enchant available at 2200 in 5.2, and going along those lines we're looking at what potential future cosmetic rewards we could add for various ratings in the future.

Sounds good.
100 Undead Mage
Totally agree in principle,but I'm not sure we need to keep a hurdle in, and adversely affect the PvP game, just to give people something to shoot for. We'll have a cosmetically different enchant available at 2200 in 5.2, and going along those lines we're looking at what potential future cosmetic rewards we could add for various ratings in the future.
Wow, this is awesome. I love everything about these proposed changes. GG Blizz!!
90 Human Paladin
Thank you. So glad to have a blue post about this.
100 Human Hunter

A blue! Catch it quick and make him spill more of his secrets!

But seriously, I am okay with this change.
Edited by Rykinia on 1/18/2013 3:25 PM PST
90 Human Warrior
I think another potential reward that players really like are arena tabards. I still love mine, I think it's the best looking one in the game, but we haven't had any new ones since cataclysm which is really sad for new players wanting similar ones.
100 Human Paladin
Hoping its a weapon enchant that drips blue liquid, signifying the tears of your enemies
90 Blood Elf Paladin

Out of curiosity, why do you think challenge mode is ok then?

There is nothing to push for besides best time on the leaderboards. Same logic.
90 Human Death Knight
Honestly. If you take this same concept and apply it to raiding.

It's basically like saying

"Oh you've done raiding long enough that normal mode bosses will drop heroic gear"

It's just like "What?"

The hurdle for heroic gear was killing the heroic bosses.

The hurdle for 2200 gear was... 2200.

You've removed that hurdle now. So now getting elite gear is ez mode. It just takes time, roughly the same amount of time for the majority of pvpers.

Meanwhile raiders still gotta kill those heroic bosses. Not saying make normal bosses drop heroic gear(lolwut?)

But do you see how silly that sounds? It's the same principle.
70 Human Paladin
^^ the guy above me makes no sense
90 Human Rogue
Your first mistake was thinking PvP and PvE are the same.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Honestly. If you take this same concept and apply it to raiding.

It's basically like saying

"Oh you've done raiding long enough that normal mode bosses will drop heroic gear"

It's just like "What?"

The hurdle for heroic gear was killing the heroic bosses.

The hurdle for 2200 gear was... 2200.

You've removed that hurdle now. So now getting elite gear is ez mode. It just takes time, roughly the same amount of time for the majority of pvpers.

Meanwhile raiders still gotta kill those heroic bosses. Not saying make normal bosses drop heroic gear(lolwut?)

But do you see how silly that sounds? It's the same principle.

No it doesn't because pvp is entirely different. Same reason why tournament realm is essentially normalized.
67 Tauren Warrior
Competition = playing better. i dont see how he finds a competitive advantage to having better gear than someone 10 rating lower than you.
90 Blood Elf Paladin

How does this enchant work? You can use it on an already enchanted weapon for a different glow?
90 Human Warlock
Out of curiosity, why do you think challenge mode is ok then? There is nothing to push for besides best time on the leaderboards.

I know folks for whom the transmog gear for all gold CMs is a significant motivator to do challenge modes.
90 Human Death Knight
Hey for everyone out there! blizzard its not implementing nothing new, they're just going back to arena roots, remember back in BC? ratings where there to show that you have better skills than the guy next you and to obtain more arena points weekly, everyone else had the same gear and arenas where more fun, yeah they had op comps but that is another issue, so yeah... stop whining!
Edited by Wazikoski on 1/18/2013 3:42 PM PST
1 Human Warlock

That's an excuse bad players use to convince themselves they're glad capable, yet a few stat points are holding them back. News flash, many of us have alts in half blues with T2 because we're still good enough to get T2, despite the gear difference. If you aren't, then you're 110% never going to touch glad.

You have alts in 1/2 blues with T2 weapon because you're getting carried by your RBG group, you're not getting 2.2k in arena right now with contenders crafted gear... trust me.
90 Undead Priest

I love you.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/18/2013 03:40 PMPosted by Elocyn
Out of curiosity, why do you think challenge mode is ok then? There is nothing to push for besides best time on the leaderboards.

I know folks for whom the transmog gear for all gold CMs is a significant motivator to do challenge modes.

I'm saying that's a one time reward.

What reason to do it after you get gold?
90 Human Warrior
The pvp community in this game will never be happy.

Or wait, the insanely small portion of the pvp community that takes pvp in this game uber seriously will never be happy about anything Blizzard does. These are the types of people that WANT gear barriers, because they think it somehow proves to the world that they're awesome. They want disadvantages in a game that is largely decided by gear deficiencies.

Maybe this change will simply push the elitest pricks (like the clown in the youtube video) out of the game entirely and everyone else can simply enjoy everything this game has to offer without crying about the gear other people have.
90 Draenei Shaman
01/18/2013 03:29 PMPosted by Tyrannate
Your first mistake was thinking PvP and PvE are the same.

Amen
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]