5.2 Flawed logic and assumption [T2 Gear]

90 Blood Elf Paladin
i see no money loss, just like every patch or new pvp season ppl will cry about the changes for 2-3 weeks then forget about them and continue to bg/rbg/arena like they did before. So, seriously stop acting like its a big deal, after a few weeks you wont even remember the changes took place.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/status/292392056368803840
88 Blood Elf Warlock
01/18/2013 03:33 PMPosted by Hafleur
Totally agree in principle,but I'm not sure we need to keep a hurdle in, and adversely affect the PvP game, just to give people something to shoot for. We'll have a cosmetically different enchant available at 2200 in 5.2, and going along those lines we're looking at what potential future cosmetic rewards we could add for various ratings in the future.

How does this enchant work? You can use it on an already enchanted weapon for a different glow?

oh god I hope so! let you use whatever enchant/weapon chain you want and then make it look AWESOME
90 Undead Warrior
Here is an easier way to solve this, make it so if you lose an arena game you get 50 conquest points, win 100 points. This way if you still play you can grab some gear. Make 2200 like challenge mode and you get to get new skins for your gear to SHOW how good you are. Also put up an ingame leader board.
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
The proposed solution on the PTR is pretty good. Most of the problem isn't that there are multiple tiers of gear. Most of it stems from the fact that there are 25 item levels in between honor and conquest gear and a full 41 item levels between a fully upgraded conquest player and someone just starting out. Progression is good, getting stronger is good, but a gladiator doing three times as much damage and having three times the effective health as a newbie is stupid and a colossal barrier to anybody wanting to PVP.
90 Night Elf Priest
http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3sm5ec/
90 Orc Death Knight
Will these 2200 "weapon enchants" be unique? Possibly better stats?
01/18/2013 04:34 PMPosted by Axeboutme
http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3sm5ec/

HAHAHAHA
90 Blood Elf Mage
The pvp community in this game will never be happy.

Or wait, the insanely small portion of the pvp community that takes pvp in this game uber seriously will never be happy about anything Blizzard does. These are the types of people that WANT gear barriers, because they think it somehow proves to the world that they're awesome. They want disadvantages in a game that is largely decided by gear deficiencies.

Maybe this change will simply push the elitest pricks (like the clown in the youtube video) out of the game entirely and everyone else can simply enjoy everything this game has to offer without crying about the gear other people have.

From what I've seen most of the elite multi glad pvpers like this change its just the rbg elites and people here that don't like it :P Also if you talking about that video with balmious or something like that, he got flamed pretty bad on arena junkies.
90 Blood Elf Mage
Why not just make the queing for BGs more like the queing for dungeons? In PVE you can't go into heroics until you grind enough regulars to have a decent GS. Then once you qualify for heroics you can't que the regular.
They could fesibly make an equivelent system in BGs, I dont really see why ppl with conquest gear need to be doing the same BGs as fresh 90s anyway (does it make u happy to see your name on top of the recount chart for a change). in theory you could change your gear if u wanna que a lower area.
I mean I can kind of understand why bilz might want to look at rethinking some of the grinding, since it seems that robots have started to do alot of it. Apparently new 90s don't want to play themselves until their gear is on par with the people they are play against. However I dont think the changes should come at the cost of the players who have gotten their honor/conquest legit. Their should aways be rewards that are meaningful and difficult to obtain.
On the other hand there is something broken when the only option for a new 90 is to que randoms and hope that the ppl who have been grinding for weeks with their 90% resilience arent there.
However it might be cool if some of these frustrated veteran PVP players come help us out with LFR.
90 Orc Death Knight
The pvp community in this game will never be happy.

Or wait, the insanely small portion of the pvp community that takes pvp in this game uber seriously will never be happy about anything Blizzard does. These are the types of people that WANT gear barriers, because they think it somehow proves to the world that they're awesome. They want disadvantages in a game that is largely decided by gear deficiencies.

Maybe this change will simply push the elitest pricks (like the clown in the youtube video) out of the game entirely and everyone else can simply enjoy everything this game has to offer without crying about the gear other people have.

From what I've seen most of the elite multi glad pvpers like this change its just the rbg elites and people here that don't like it :P Also if you talking about that video with balmious or something like that, he got flamed pretty bad on arena junkies.

He only gets flamed because of his attitude, and controversy over his gladiator title. Other then that his video had good points, why do you keep referring to arena junkies? If somebody made a website "rbgjunkies" it would be just as credible. You get T2 from RBGS AND arenas.
90 Human Paladin
Isn't elite gear the same ilvl as non elite gear. Think only weapons are higher ilvl.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/18/2013 04:42 PMPosted by Poppychulox

You just don't get it do you?

If anyone got a stat advantage in any rts, fps or fighting games there would be an uproar.

Just quit. There is no good point. Only losers squabble over gear. A lot of other people are perfectly fine with cosmetic rewards.
90 Undead Warlock

Ugh, dude.

What is with you and this incessant need to have more power than your competition? Honestly I don't understand it at all without resorting to labeling you as a megalomaniac.

Look, I used to be into the high end PvP during vanilla/BC. Let me tell you, a level playing field is the most glorious thing you can possibly have when looking for competition. It's simply more fun. For everyone!

I understand that you do not want your achievements diminished, and that you feel that you should be somehow rewarded in proportion to the effort you have put into your gameplay. That's fine, however; Don't believe for a second that having more power is an adequate, or desirable solution.

Having a level playing field will allow your skills, which you have developed, to truly shine, and blizzard will see to it that you have a way to distinguish yourself for that effort.

Now, why is it so bad to have other players have similar gear? if they are worse than you, then you will beat them, repeatedly. With those victories, you will have mounts/titles/cosmetics to lord over them.

Anecdote: When I play dota, lol, or counter-strike, there are no barriers for entry other than my skill level. Nothing is stopping me from competing at MLG or the international other than having the necessary skills to compete. These games are heralded for their balance, and action packed gameplay.

Why not bring that same level of excitement to WoW's PvP scene?
This current season has had the lowest participation to date, and for both blizzard and it's playerbase, is clearly not a good thing. These changes will increase participation, which provides more competition, which gives blizzard more of a reason to pour resources into PvP content. We all will benefit from this.
90 Human Warrior
What is with you and this incessant need to have more power than your competition? Honestly I don't understand it at all without resorting to labeling you as a megalomaniac.

It's pretty simple. Players like to get better gear than other people, this is generally a staple to character progression in mmos.

I think the changes are good, but I can totally understand the desire to get better gear than most by.. playing better than most.
Edited by Hershka on 1/18/2013 5:04 PM PST
90 Troll Druid
Tier 2 gear?

http://www.wowwiki.com/Tier_2
90 Blood Elf Paladin
@poppychulox

I feel badly that good players won't be able to have their fancy weapon, I really do. I know that it's got to be kind of lame for you guys to be punished.

I support Blizzard in this decision primarily because the amount of people who have cheated to get their T2 is getting out of hand. If we could eliminate all the cheaters and et cetera, I wouldn't have a problem with the better players getting better rewards. I only take issue with people who don't deserve their T2 running around with superior weapons. My argument is that if you are a better player than most, you should still be able to beat them. This leads to your argument that people will have less incentive to play PvP when they can't earn a weapon, but I don't think that's true. If you get higher rating, you will get your gear a lot quicker. This will be an incentive for anybody who is not fully geared. For anyone who is fully geared, I would have to agree that there's no longer a carrot at the end of the stick but I think most people still play because they have fun PvP'ing. I could be wrong, of course.
90 Undead Warlock

^
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]