5.2 Flawed logic and assumption [T2 Gear]

90 Orc Death Knight

If you're good enough to compete, I'm assuming you're capable of getting T2. So I believe it's fair, I believe gear should be earned via SKILL AND TIME, not just time.

Not really. This season if you are good enough to try for a decent title you hit a wall where players had T2 and you didn't and you got rofl stomped no matter how well you played. All this change does is make the playing field even so skill can truly shine through.

Explain to me what arena title you can get without having T2. Everyone starts out without T2.
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Just realized something. The people who are QQing about their T2 going away probably have self confidence issues and need the T2 wep to rofl stomp people who don't have it to assuage their self confidence.

I'm afraid you don't understand PVP

How don't I? I play for the competition for the spirit of it. All the QQers are only playing for T2. How does that not validate my point?

I don't need some carrot at the end of the stick to play. I play to get better, to become/be the best. Not some virtual thing thats useless once the next season starts and you get more gear.
Edited by Èverfrost on 1/17/2013 8:19 PM PST
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Playing for the carrot at the end of a stick is for pvers. So kindly if you only play for T2 gfto of pvp and go raid.
100 Orc Hunter
if they add special vanity items like mounts and cosmetic sets for people that have high rating it'll be perfect. I don't understand the logic behind people caring so much about a t2 weapon. It proves nothing anymore. I'm not a 2200 player and I have seen backpedaling mages in with t2 weapon and they play horribly. If gear is equal the better player will win all the time.
90 Undead Warlock
class warfare up'n here
90 Orc Death Knight
01/17/2013 08:20 PMPosted by Èverfrost
Playing for the carrot at the end of a stick is for pvers. So kindly if you only play for T2 gfto of pvp and go raid.

Viewing your profile I don't think you'll be achieving T2, and it had nothing to do with you not having the "gear". I can understand why you would want the game more dumbed down.
100 Orc Hunter
01/17/2013 08:22 PMPosted by Poppychulox

Viewing your profile I don't think you'll be achieving T2, and it had nothing to do with you not having the "gear". I can understand why you would want the game more dumbed down.

this makes no sense. how does having access to a weapon with slightly better stats dumb the game down? Skill should seperate players not gear.
100 Orc Hunter
People apparently NEED some kind of advantage in order to play this game. People who care about competition and skill want a level playing field to see who is more skilled, who plays better with teammates, etc.
90 Orc Death Knight
01/17/2013 08:27 PMPosted by Crispo

this makes no sense. how does having access to a weapon with slightly better stats dumb the game down? Skill should seperate players not gear.

Unfortunately you need certain amount of skill to get T2. I'm sure he doesn't believe he deserves T2 as he stated, but yet he'll be getting it.
90 Undead Death Knight
Thank god for the changes this mean poeple with lives can enjoy the game and skill seperates the nub not gear thank god blizzard comming from a 2.2k rated player
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/17/2013 08:22 PMPosted by Poppychulox

Lol this guy armory trolls, but speaks on behalf of "casuals" of whom most likely won't be getting T2.

There is nothing being dumbed down to achieve high ratings and you can't deny that people paid for ratings or that wintrading occurs.
90 Orc Death Knight
01/17/2013 08:34 PMPosted by Positron

Lol this guy armory trolls, but speaks on behalf of "casuals" of whom most likely won't be getting T2.

There is nothing being dumbed down to achieve high ratings and you can't deny that people paid for ratings or that wintrading occurs.

I've noticed all of the people in favor for the free T2 are the ones without T2.
100% agree
90 Goblin Mage
http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3sm5ec/
90 Undead Death Knight
Who are u? i work for publix i dont got money to be spending on Carries
90 Human Paladin
You better listen blizzard or poppy will ddos you
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]