Solo Kel'Thuzad 25?

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Any advice on this, is it possible?

Phase 1 is no prob as prot or ret obviously. Phase 2 and 3 I can't do fast enough as prot and I can't live long enough on phase 3 as ret.

Any suggestions?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm so bad
Edited by Thermadin on 1/17/2013 11:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/17/2013 09:53 PMPosted by Thermadin
just kill everything, isnt much of an issue at this point. Was soloable at 85 shouldnt be an issue at 90

That was entirely unhelpful...

Have you done it?

It was actually easier at 85 because healing was so much stronger for Ret. A WoG could restore so much health. At 90 it's considerably more difficult to survive and kill him before he enrages and destroys you.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
like wow im worse player EU
Edited by Thermadin on 1/17/2013 11:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
kel'thuzad, not kael'thas.

that being said, i just go in there as ret and murder him very quickly. i've also done it as prot, where you just whittle him down (you gain very little vengeance, if any until the adds come out, and even then its pretty miniscule).

i have considerable gear for prot/ret though, but if you interrupt most of the frostbolts and devotion aura or divine protection the ones you can't get, you should be fine. ret also can do damage at range, if he's low and the adds are overwhelming you, you could try to run around (though you can probably just burn him down).

don't get hit by anything avoidable (ground zone comes to mind here) and just burn him down. save goak/wings/holy avenger for when he summons the adds and just nuke him down in that time.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Have you done it?

It was actually easier at 85 because healing was so much stronger for Ret. A WoG could restore so much health. At 90 it's considerably more difficult to survive and kill him before he enrages and destroys you.

Ive been doing it every week since firelands. at 85 it was harder. you had to kite each ad to a different room and spread them out for each kill. Now I just do the fight in the same room, and kill them in each corner of the room. just kill the girl>fear>dot/silence>stun mob in that orber when they all come up, and it's gg from there

also http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v694vaCWcZY just mute it, music is awful, my 85 kill forever ago

Misunderstanding...that's a different boss.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
kel'thuzad, not kael'thas.

that being said, i just go in there as ret and murder him very quickly. i've also done it as prot, where you just whittle him down (you gain very little vengeance, if any until the adds come out, and even then its pretty miniscule).

i have considerable gear for prot/ret though, but if you interrupt most of the frostbolts and devotion aura or divine protection the ones you can't get, you should be fine. ret also can do damage at range, if he's low and the adds are overwhelming you, you could try to run around (though you can probably just burn him down).

don't get hit by anything avoidable (ground zone comes to mind here) and just burn him down. save goak/wings/holy avenger for when he summons the adds and just nuke him down in that time.

Ya, your gear is really good. My PvE set is weak as can be so it may just be something I leave until I gear up more.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
im a retard, looks the same name to me, nvm me I suck
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/17/2013 11:05 PMPosted by Thermadin
im a retard, looks the same name to me, nvm me I suck

Nah, np. easy mistake
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
i only recently acquired a lot of my ret gear, i did it earlier in the xpac in mostly heroic dungeon gear as prot.

the problem is though the fight is absurdly long as prot, and the nerfed seal of insight also (it no longer procs off of every single hit of the AoE).

it's probably doable at your current level of gear, but it might be more trouble than its worth.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Did this earlier last week and had to solo P3 as Prot when my partner died in an ice block. I don't recall seeing an Enrage or Berserk timer on him. Took forever, but I got it done alright.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
25 man i soloed as prot on 10 man you can burn him down pretty quick as he has far less health. now for 25 man, he has to much health to really burn down as ret, i mean it can probably be down but when adds come out i dont think you can heal through it, you might be able to though so dont quote me on that. Prot is realy easy though i just moved out of circles and kept my seal of insight turned on and wittled him right on down. i saved wings and stuff for when my health got low i could heal up right quick.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I soloed him as Ret. Tried as Prot once and hit the enrage timer because my prot set is awful and I had no DPS.

You can fight fairly normally until the adds show up....then I switched to insight, and used WoG often and kept Sacred Shield up constantly. You need to be mindful of the Shadow Fissure which can be hard to see with all of the spider adds on you.

Gear makes a huge difference. When I tried the first time as Ret, I couldn't stay alive....but after gearing up some more.....it wasn't that bad of a fight.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I killed him for the first time today on the first try. It was a cake walk. :o
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Any advice on this, is it possible?

Phase 1 is no prob as prot or ret obviously. Phase 2 and 3 I can't do fast enough as prot and I can't live long enough on phase 3 as ret.

Any suggestions?

At 90, there is no cooldown on WoG, further, you're doing it wrong if you're attritioning out. It's the same principle as solo'ing Onyxia 25; if you want a guide, there's several on You Tube.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
huh, gave it a shot, that was painlessly easy. I frapsed it if you want to see the fight, altho it's just me attacking him and healing when needed. nothing fancy needed im sure you could do it as well
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
2 manned it (me and another pally). Solo I really don't know, with my ret gear I'm not capable of that, so... :P
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Actually just tried this as a 377 Ret. Pretty easy, never dropped below 80%. Phase 1, joke. Phase 2, keep sacred shield up, and WoG as necessary, focus mostly on dps. Phase 3, I kind of alternated TV and DS (-10% dmg TV glyph / 5% max hp DS heal glyph) and switched to Seal of Insight.

I'd killed him before a few times as Prot when I first hit 90 and only had blues. The method I used for that was full ret gear + sword and board and Seal of Insight. To speed it up I used to stand in the void zones and heal through the damage spikes for the extra Vengance boost.
Reply Quote
I went in as prot spec and invested in execution sentence as my final talent and also had sacred shield.

so phase one, I made sure to prioritize killing banshees over everything.
phase two is just interrupting frostbolt with shield and rebuke (along with avoiding the 1 hit kill mechanic)
phase three, i played more aggressively and popped all my cooldowns, I also stayed in seal of insight near the end.

For phase 3, i casted HoTR for the -10% damage debuff every 30 seconds or so and alternated between casting WoG on myself and SoR on kelthuzad. I still kept up interrupts on frostbolt and did my best to DPS kelthuzad down (popped all my CDs near the end).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]