How would YOU gone about to Nerf Disc?

90 Pandaren Priest
01/23/2013 12:59 PMPosted by Amabella
Power Word: Shield Discipline: Draws on the soul of the friendly target to shield them, absorbing [*321.1% of Spell Power + 33,338*;] damage. Lasts 15 sec. While the shield holds, spellcasting will not be interrupted by damage. Once shielded, the target cannot be shielded again for 15 sec.

It's almost as if Blizzard has NO idea what they're doing. My PW:S shields for 150k with AA up right now, and it's going to shield for ~220k in 5.2. This pushes the HPS and HPM for PW:S far above PoH while making Mastery the only stat to stack... again. In fact, this is going to result in an overall throughput buff that's even stronger than DA stacking if used properly.
Edited by Ceddya on 1/23/2013 1:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
01/23/2013 12:59 PMPosted by Amabella
Power Word: Shield Discipline: Draws on the soul of the friendly target to shield them, absorbing [*321.1% of Spell Power + 33,338*;] damage. Lasts 15 sec. While the shield holds, spellcasting will not be interrupted by damage. Once shielded, the target cannot be shielded again for 15 sec.

That is...odd.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
MoP launch:

Dev 1: Hey guys let's buff PoH a million times.

Dev 2: You think people will spam PoH?

Dev 1: Naaa.

A few months later...

Dev 1: Wtf people are spamming PoH. Let's nerf it and super buff PW:S to get people to use it for more than rapture.

Dev 2: You think people will spam PW:S?

Dev 1: Naaa.

Hey look on the bright side... mastery isn't going to suck in 5.2 like everyone predicted!
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Also for the lulz: it's 177000 hps at 18 hpm (full raid buffs, no archangel or other cds / procs) for me in my current gear in inner will if that goes live.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
Kinda not on topic. But I would completely rework Chakra as a mechanic.

Right now Chakra is a limiting factor. At best, it penalizes Holy Priests for using spells when they aren't in the right Chakra for them, with a 30 second CD it doesn't leave much flexability.

My suggestion would be to give Holy priests the increased healing from Chakra passively. So for speccing Holy, you would get a 25% increased healing passive. Now, I would make Chakra a 1 minute CD 20 second duration that increases all secondary stats by 25% and reduces the mana cost of your spells by 25%. This ability will now also grant you the use of Sanctuary or Serenity to increased effects. Sanctuary would now increase healing taken by 10% and heal the five lowest members for a percentage of MISSING health. every 2 seconds for 20 seconds, 20 second cooldown. (I don't know what percentage to put and placing a new Sanctuary replaces the old one). Serenity would always Crit, have a 3 second CD, and automatically apply two stacks of serendipity to the priest.

EDIT: To clarify, you would always have Holy: Word Serenity and Sanctuary as spells. They would be separate from each other and no longer change from Holy: Word Chastise (which would also be avialable). When the Chakra buff is not active, these spells perform as they currently do on live.
Edited by Afflictid on 1/23/2013 1:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
01/23/2013 01:22 PMPosted by Amabella
Also for the lulz: it's 177000 hps at 18 hpm (full raid buffs, no archangel or other cds / procs) for me in my current gear in inner will if that goes live.

roflmao.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I'm just going to go cry in a corner now.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Amabella, is that what is in the PTR right now??
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
It's what's on MMO-champion's ptr patch notes. I'm still hoping it's some sort of error.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
My shield is hitting for 107538 on PTR. The mmo-champion note was an error, the correct values are 187.1% of Spell Power + 19,428 still. (yes, both values on the mmo-champion note are wrong)
Edited by Maladii on 1/23/2013 3:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/23/2013 03:46 PMPosted by Maladii
My shield is hitting for 107538 on PTR. The mmo-champion note was an error, the correct values are 187.1% of Spell Power + 19,428 still. (yes, both values on the mmo-champion note are wrong)

Well, that's a relief.

Unless it's something in the future. Or whatever.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Good news.

I'm curious where those numbers managed to come from though.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
01/23/2013 03:46 PMPosted by Maladii

Was the PTR updated to the latest build when you tested this? MMO-champ is still reporting a 40% increasing in PW:S for both Holy and Disc, so I'm wondering if it's something that hasn't been patched in yet.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
The tooltip reflects the increase but casting a shield on someone produces the same shield you get on live. I'm pretty confident it's some sort of mistake. I don't think they'll actually buff PW:S that much.
Edited by Maladii on 1/24/2013 7:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Spirit shell on PTR is now updated to no longer have the auto-aegis portion of PoH included in its formula. It looks like it matches expected PoH + aegis size accounting for crits.

That's an absolutely huge nerf to spirit shell over previous versions of the PTR where it was still giving larger shells based on the PoH formula with 50% auto-aegis included.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Spirit shell on PTR is now updated to no longer have the auto-aegis portion of PoH included in its formula. It looks like it matches expected PoH + aegis size accounting for crits.

That's an absolutely huge nerf to spirit shell over previous versions of the PTR where it was still giving larger shells based on the PoH formula with 50% auto-aegis included.

How much does your SS/PoH shield for now? I'm guessing it's following the same formula as that of direct heals?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
01/24/2013 07:10 AMPosted by Maladii
The tooltip reflects the increase but casting a shield on someone produces the same shield you get on live. I'm pretty confident it's some sort of mistake. I don't think they'll actually buff PW:S that much.

Hmm, I wonder why they would have made this change to the tooltip in the first place. It'd be interesting to see where this leads to.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
01/24/2013 11:19 AMPosted by Ceddya
How much does your SS/PoH shield for now? I'm guessing it's following the same formula as that of direct heals?

Yeah cy@ mastery worst stat in history.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
01/24/2013 11:21 AMPosted by Ceddya
Hmm, I wonder why they would have made this change to the tooltip in the first place. It'd be interesting to see where this leads to.

I think it's probably a result of the flash / binding nerfs for shadow - they got nerfed by 30% then the base buffed by 43% for disc and holy. The holy pw:s tooltip is 43% larger than the one on live so probably someone just screwed up and changed that tooltip too, then the disc one is some sort of abomination of that + disc's 20% base mastery.

Either that or they're thinking about changing disc mastery, which would be awesome.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I saw a suggestion a while back that a good way to make us use pw:s more was to buff borrowed time (as opposed to buffing pw:s itself, which will just cause us to spam it). I agree.

How about this:

Borrowed Time: Grants 15% spell haste for your next spell after casting Power Word: Shield and reduces the mana cost of (everything that isn't PW:S) by x%. Lasts for 6 sec.

Indirectly grants PW:S more efficiency, but doesn't reward PW:S spamming. Rewards skillful play through PW:S weaving and chaining BT to haste the instant GCD + a casted heal at the end.
Edited by Amabella on 1/24/2013 12:26 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]