Server Merge

90 Undead Mage
01/23/2013 03:11 PMPosted by Alessar
It's just funny that you moan and complain about people making fun of you

When have i ever moaned and complained about people making fun of me? It's tough to hurt my feelings, but if you wish to try, go for it. If i dish it out, i can take it as well. There's no insult you can think of that would offend me.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Lol so you stir the pot and then when it back fires on you, you whine? Impressive man.

And heres a hot tip if you dont want people to know your a loser in RL don't share that information with people on the internet.

Back fired? E-peen contests in the forums never back fire on me, it's just a repeat cycle which bores me.

Also what information makes me look like a loser? That I have a GED? Am I supposed to be ashamed of my GED? Cause I'm not. If I was ashamed of it or had low self esteem then I wouldn't let people know I dropped out of High school because I was too far behind in credits to get a GED, the simple fact that people bring that up makes them worse than me. I keep my insults strictly game related. Have I ever attacked Blarvin's or Raymond's social life? No, because I'm not that low, I also never attack Angel's way of life either, even though i have a lot of things I could bring up about it. The fact that you can't keep !@#$ game related is worse than the fact that I come to these forums to shoot down threads like this. Trolling and shooting down hopes of server merges are two different things.

Either way, I'm over this thread, maybe you'll see me some other time if a new one gets posted.

Haha things to attack about my way of life.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/353/279/e31.jpg
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I quit playing Angel, but glad to see you guys are still moving along awesome work!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/21/2013 02:03 PMPosted by Verar
Think of it this way, if a bum from china takes a boat to America, he doesn't become a wealthy man, he's just a bum with a new home.

Actually, using your analogy, it's not uncommon for people to move simply to find a better life. During America's colonial days, many Europeans just up and left their homes looking for greener pastures. Sure, success was no guarantee, but the prospects were much better for them in America than within the oppressive regimes they lived under at the time.

Furthermore, it is not uncommon to meet immigrants in America today that left much more impoverished conditions for a chance at what they feel is a decent life. They didn't move here assuming they'd become rich or famous, only that they'd live a much better quality of life than they had in their originating country.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
01/24/2013 08:03 AMPosted by Çlutch
I quit playing Angel, but glad to see you guys are still moving along awesome work!

my warlock is moving along quite well too! IM GETTING READY FOR GREEN FIRE!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
We should definitely have a server merge. I shouldn't have to pay hundreds of dollars to transfer my characters to play content that should be provided in my monthly payments.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
We should definitely have a server merge. I shouldn't have to pay hundreds of dollars to transfer my characters to play content that should be provided in my monthly payments.

You can play just as much as anyone on any other server, what you lack if community though. What content do you feel you can't play on Kalecgos? Raids? Yeah, sure it's tough to raid on a server that's population fits on a single /who list, but if everyone left on Kalecgos alliance side all banded together in 1 guild, you could easily run a 10 or 25 man raid group. All it takes is dedication.

Also, as a side note, why are you so special as to not have to pay hundreds of dollars to transfer your characters? I did.

I recently spent over 200$ just to get 5 toons off kalecgos and i have 4 more to go.
Why can't you? Is it really because you feel that *you* shouldn't have to? Or is it because you're just broke? I'm not trying to troll you, just simply trying to get you to understand that countless people have fixed their own problems after complaining about this server's population and opportunity before you. The only other option you have is to literally get every person on the server to submit tickets to blizzard to try to get them to fix your population problem, and that's not even guaranteed to work.
Reply Quote
Because people have friends on Kalecgos. You cant transfer friends along with you. Even if you did have sacks of money to transfer your friends. would they want to leave? would they want to go to the same realm as you? i have transferred my alts to other realms , but without friends that you've had for years and years its not the same.
A server merge is not a bad idea at all. sure you will lose this realms name or that realms name, but honestly i could care less. if not a server merge, then a transfer at least. high pop realms can do it, so i don't think its a epic task nor is it asking much from a game that boast about its 10 million players but you get to play with 56 of em. and even if you made this one guild, who would be the guild leader?im sure that's not a big problem at all.and i bet storing items in the bank would be a simple thing to do too. in a perfect world your idea could work, just like when kids ask why cant everyone get along and not be at war with one another. but it is all easier said then done and not realistic.
Another problem is just like in real life there are people you don't like or are not on the same skill lvl as you,not on at the same time as you or don't do PvP/PvE. and even when you do get a raid going, its not so fun having 3 pallys, 3 mages, 2 priest, a dk and a warrior. then when you look at recount you have someone doing 100k dps and some nub doing 20k dps.
I know what your saying tho, you paid so why shouldn't we have to too right? Good point. but not all of us live with our parents or have a good paying job to do so.some of us just barely make it to pay rent/mortgage or whatevers and just play wow to get away from things like that.or just in our spare time.to have "and dont laugh at me for saying this" fun! but i dont consider fun pugging trade for 3 hours for a raid, having it wipe and everyone leave.
If anything at least make it so we could do cross realm raids. at the very least that.
i may not be the best person to explain the situation, as i am a idiot.But the people still here know what i mean.

Also did someone say Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker ?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Because people have friends on Kalecgos. You cant transfer friends along with you. Even if you did have sacks of money to transfer your friends. would they want to leave? would they want to go to the same realm as you? i have transferred my alts to other realms , but without friends that you've had for years and years its not the same.
A server merge is not a bad idea at all. sure you will lose this realms name or that realms name, but honestly i could care less. if not a server merge, then a transfer at least. high pop realms can do it, so i don't think its a epic task nor is it asking much from a game that boast about its 10 million players but you get to play with 56 of em. and even if you made this one guild, who would be the guild leader?im sure that's not a big problem at all.and i bet storing items in the bank would be a simple thing to do too. in a perfect world your idea could work, just like when kids ask why cant everyone get along and not be at war with one another. but it is all easier said then done and not realistic.
Another problem is just like in real life there are people you don't like or are not on the same skill lvl as you,not on at the same time as you or don't do PvP/PvE. and even when you do get a raid going, its not so fun having 3 pallys, 3 mages, 2 priest, a dk and a warrior. then when you look at recount you have someone doing 100k dps and some nub doing 20k dps.
I know what your saying tho, you paid so why shouldn't we have to too right? Good point. but not all of us live with our parents or have a good paying job to do so.some of us just barely make it to pay rent/mortgage or whatevers and just play wow to get away from things like that.or just in our spare time.to have "and dont laugh at me for saying this" fun! but i dont consider fun pugging trade for 3 hours for a raid, having it wipe and everyone leave.
If anything at least make it so we could do cross realm raids. at the very least that.
i may not be the best person to explain the situation, as i am a idiot.But the people still here know what i mean.

I kind of skimmed through this because it's pretty long, so correct me if I'm wrong on any points you made.

First off, i was totally joking when i said make 1 guild. I know that every single guild on Kalecgos has beef with the other ones. The people who were in Nothing Personal hate people in The Art of War, and vise versa, among other guilds out there and players who dislike other ones.

Thats the problem with small servers though. Everyone knows everyone and half of the people are on 1 side of the fence, while the other half are on the other. I don't expect people to fork out loads of cash in 1 sitting for multiple characters or friends, but friends coming with you to a new server isn't a necessity to play well and enjoy WoW

I probably stated it before, but I've switched realms 3 times in the past 6 months, and finally found the perfect guild for me. I'm sure other people can do the same. That being said, I also know not everyone can afford 25 dollars to transfer realms right away. To which I say, this post and other posts like it have been up on the forums for the past 3 years and a lot of the people posting haven't transfered because they want blizzard to fix their problems. 25$ to transfer over a course of 3 years is a bit sad. I don't know anyone who can't afford 25$ if they are paying 15 per month for WoW anyway.

Not to mention the same people who are asking for transfers hit the blizzard store and buy crap like the Celestial steed, Heart of the Aspects or the new retarded goat/horse they came out with, as well any the many many pets i see people have.
There aren't many arguments you can make that will work for the "can't afford realm changes" case. Anyone can afford it over time.

The more people that continue to transfer off Kalecgos, the quicker they will notice it and shut it down when it really reaches 100 people.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Well, just thought I'd share this little tid bit of information with everyone who still thinks server merges or shut downs are possible.

Today there was a post on MMOchampion with more developer interview answers that said in one of the bullet points

"Merging or shutting down realms isn't possible because many players like their realm, have a character name they like, and don't want to be forced out or to change their name."

There you have it, there's officially no need to keep posting threads like these :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
So many people not from Kellogg's brand server posting in here... What the hell
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
go home tate, you're drunk.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
03/12/2013 06:40 AMPosted by Scalah
Because people have friends on Kalecgos.

Most people are only on Kalecgos because a friend made them roll here when they first started(like what happened to me) or made them roll an alt here and raided with them and eventually quit on them.

So many people not from Kellogg's brand server posting in here... What the hell

It's because we were all on Kalecgos at one point in time. I started here and eventually got tired of the horrible pugs. This server ruined raiding for me after my guildies quit(damn vanilla players) it ruined it so much for me I cringe at the thought of walking into a normal raid now.

i think its time you all just throw in the towel and either quit, server xfer, or level up a char on another server where you know you can thrive on. it's never too late to do it.

^What Blarvin basically said on the first page. I xferred my main and all my alts over to Turalyon, it's a PvE server but it's actually a really decent server with lots going on. Though people are more uptight in trade compared to good ol' Kellogs. You spam the wrong thing and you get reported.

Basically if you want to progress you have to leave Kalecgos at this point as all this server has is server first people coming and stealing it because they fail on their own servers.

ps. I have every right to be on these forums because I started on Kellogs, and I'll always come back to visit now and again.
Edited by Zemiki on 4/3/2013 5:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Agree!
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
WAITING FOR BLUE REPLY
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
there was already one before a long time ago. they locked the post and moved it to the depths of the customer services forum.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
This isn't the only server experiencing these problems. The other low servers are getting lower too. Sooner or later they are either going to have to merge some servers OR make a 'cross-server everything' like a few other MMOs use, instead of the 'cross-server ganking system' they have in right now.

My priest is never leaving Kalecgos due to being oldschool KC, but I wouldn't be opposed to sending my Death Knight somewhere else or picking up my Horde Paladin on Illidan again. Problem is if I move anywhere I also have to move one of my wife's characters. All in all, it's just not a good situation.

I'd much rather see them fix things, and I have faith that sooner or later they'll get it right. The question is what is everyone going to do until then?

This server ruined raiding for me after my guildies quit(damn vanilla players) it ruined it so much for me I cringe at the thought of walking into a normal raid now...

...ps. I have every right to be on these forums because I started on Kellogs, and I'll always come back to visit now and again.

Yes, you are welcome here anyone who says otherwise is wrong. Anyway, regular raids aren't that bad. I've found running with KC to be quite enjoyable the couple times I did it during this xpack.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
MVP
I'd much rather see them fix things, and I have faith that sooner or later they'll get it right. The question is what is everyone going to do until then?

You'll be waiting a long time. Blizzard has already said multiple times they have no intention of merging servers or giving free transfers because its too easy of a fix and they don't want people to lose their characters that they may like too much, or lose friends they play with.

Cross realm everything doesn't fix the problem of low pop servers. The auction house will remain just as dry as ever on Kalecgos, and finding groups and talking in trade would still be a waste of time and effort. The 600-1000 people left on Kalecgos that actually play need to fix the problem themselves, not rely on the gaming company to fix it for them.

Kalecgos grew 3x in size when Cuties Only transferred in, then shrunk down to 1/5 when they left. Good guild bring players in. All you have to do is no life a tier, reach rank 250 or higher and people will come play on Kalecgos trying to get into your guild.

Either that or work your asses off to become rank 1 in 3s or 5s and get the server known for having rank 1 pvpers.

Neither of these are likely to happen, but neither is Blizz fixing the population problem.
Edited by Drfeargood on 5/8/2013 1:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
05/05/2013 01:42 AMPosted by Drfeargood

You'll be waiting a long !@# time. Blizzard has already said multiple times they have no intention of merging servers or giving free transfers because its too easy of a fix and they don't want people to lose their characters that they may like too much, or lose friends they play with.

Cross realm everything doesn't fix the problem of low pop servers. The auction house will remain just as dry as ever on Kalecgos, and finding groups and talking in trade would still be a waste of time and effort. The 600-1000 people left on Kalecgos that actually play need to fix the problem themselves, not rely on the gaming company to fix it for them.

By 'cross server everything' I was talking about auction house, tradables, so on. Letting people transfer for free isn't the solution at all, I expect a less conventional fix from them eventually.

What we call the cross-server ganking system (CRZ) is but one step along a development path that I imagine will make or break the future of this game.
Edited by Zhakaron on 5/5/2013 9:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]