Most Overpowered Class in 5.2?

90 Human Paladin
uh dk / ww monk / rogue / warrior

take yo pick

it's cleave time, boys
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
Paladin's/Rogue's/Monk's

I hope people don't just reroll cause its gonna be FoTM i didn't with mage's and warriors so i expect the same.
Reply Quote
01/05/2013 07:58 PMPosted by Ôk
i will put my money on monks .

Honestly, they're going to be A LOT stronger, but with Rogues making a return to the actual game, and Feral + Warrior (despite the nerfs) being able to still put out insane damage, I think Monks will end up from the lower end of the spectrum to middle/higher end.

The only problem that can make them OMFGWTFOP is Ring of Peace. That !@#$ needs to get changed.

Rogue, DK, Monk, Warrior, and Feral are all going to be really strong.. With SPriest being the like only really good caster atm. Mages got overnerfed (can't say that wasn't deserved after all these years....) and Locks completely losing Blood Fear vs mass melee cleaves is going to be rough. Ele Sham/Boomy will prob stick to being RBG Kings, and 5.2 will be a meleecleave fest.

01/06/2013 01:52 PMPosted by Havocz
I hope people don't just reroll cause its gonna be FoTM i didn't with mage's and warriors so i expect the same.

They will. It already has begun.. Check out some of the major leveling areas, tons of old AND new Rogues leveling finally (including myself, my old main), and Monks are as well. Not sure if Monk will be a "top spot FoTM" since you do have to level them from 1, and most people already had Rogues and are just returning, but they will be a lot more popular. Possibly moreso than the other non-popular melee specs (Enh Sham, Feral, Ret).

Like I said, I think we'll be less played than DK/Rogue/War, but on their level, if not above, if Ring of Peace goes through.
Edited by Iwasarogue on 1/6/2013 2:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Prot paladins are going to be OP, they have crazy burst and don't die ever ever.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
01/06/2013 11:08 AMPosted by Afternoon
it's cleave time, boys
Reply Quote
Ring of Peace is stupid, all that stuff, you know, blah blah blah.
Anyways, monks are pretty good in 5.2. Lots of damage, lots of control.

They still take basically unhealable damage, it just won't be noticed because they'll kill people before it becomes an issue, because lolringofpeace and damage.

10 stack Tiger Brew and trinket, pop ring of peace on healer, and then Fists of Fury the target (or RSK into FoF) and something basically dies. The new mastery is pretty crazy.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
These threads are dumb, and always will be dumb.

But if you truly want to play one of the strongest classes next season(with current patch notes) It would be a shadow priest.

It amazes me how these forums only seem to acknowledge "lolburst classes".

Shadow priest are amazing right now. They have insane survivability, good damage and amazing utility(dispel, life swap, good CC, good off healing, ect). Adding a shadow priest to your team increases the over all durability of it...by far too much at the moment. And they don't have any nerfs coming as yet..

So with current patch notes, I can definitely say that spriest will likely be on the top.
Edited by Deonto on 1/6/2013 3:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
01/06/2013 02:43 PMPosted by Ovenmitz
Ring of Peace should also effect friendly targets and reduce all damage from within the ring to 0.

That will defeat the purpose of RoP, and a stupid idea. Id go LS then.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
How exactly would it defeat the purpose? Is the purpose to cleave people in something they can't trinket? Because that's the !@#$tiest purpose I've ever seen.
Edited by Conspiracy on 1/6/2013 3:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
01/06/2013 03:35 PMPosted by Conspiracy
How exactly would it defeat the purpose? Is the purpose to cleave people in something they can't trinket? Because that's the !@#$tiest purpose I've ever seen.

I used wrong wording, but since RoP is in the PTR nothing is finalized, and it wouldn't surprise me that mages can spell steal it, and you can trinket it (like rest of silences/disarms) when it goes live.

Making RoP effect friendly's is the most stupidest thing, majority of the monk's won't even choose it cause of it. Unless they lower the radius of it.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
So people should recommend changes to it in the way we expect it to be changed towards the end of the PTR? I understand where you're coming from, but your argumentation is somewhat strange. These people are giving suggestions to change the spell in it's current form.

And we're talking about Blizzard here. A very small percent of changes are tweaked when they're put onto the PTR, which defeats the purpose, but I wouldn't be shocked if this went through.
Edited by Conspiracy on 1/6/2013 3:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
27 Pandaren Warrior
Ring of Peace should also effect friendly targets and reduce all damage from within the ring to 0.

This would force it to be an entirely defensive spell instead of a completely unnecessary LOLfest of cheese.

Ring of Peace is on the Monk CC tier, against a 30 second cd directional stun and a 45 second cd AoE stun, and replacing a talent that allows Monks to use their baseline CC at range.

Making it an entirely defensive spell doesn't make a lot of sense in its position, imo.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
Yeah, I wanna peel that guy who's destroying my healer, so I better put RoP on him to get a disarm off lol jk my healer is now silenced.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Valid point. There has to be some restrictions on the talent however.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]