Most Overpowered Class in 5.2?

90 Undead Monk
So people should recommend changes to it in the way we expect it to be changed towards the end of the PTR? I understand where you're coming from, but your argumentation is somewhat strange. These people are giving suggestions to change the spell in it's current form.

And we're talking about Blizzard here. A very small percent of changes are tweaked when they're put onto the PTR, which defeats the purpose, but I wouldn't be shocked if this went through.

Like wise, I just find "Ring of Peace should also effect friendly targets and reduce all damage from within the ring to 0" is not necessary imo, yes it needs to be a 4-5 sec silence/disarm on a 1.5m cd (or 2min), and needs to be able to trinket, spellsteal (maybe) and be tweeked, but if your running a melee cleave or what ever and your trying to get a kill and you use RoP, your team and enemy's team will be just sitting there, and if you try to kite they will just sit on you(guess thats why you'd have a caster on your team). The radius on RoP is pretty big when i played PTR.
Edited by Havocz on 1/6/2013 4:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
80 Gnome Death Knight
DPS:
Monk
Rogue

Heals:
Monk
HPal

These will be top of season (untouchable) if they don't watch the incoming buffs.
Reply Quote
87 Undead Warrior
If the notes go through unaltered it will be needed to have a Spriest, rogue, or dps monk in your 3s to win. Also a monk with ring of peace will now be mandatory for every RBG team now.
Reply Quote
7 Orc Shaman
Monks are by far the best on PTR. Amazing damage if you know what you are doing. Also I have seen no posts about Chi Wave which is insanely OP. Monks will be the best self healers by a long shot if it goes live as is.
Reply Quote
http://i.imgur.com/Ybc9n.jpg
t2 weps are fun.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
best name.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
monks by a long shot.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
traditional shatters are hitting pretty hard on the ptr, good luck hardcasting those frostbolts though!

http://imgur.com/gRHM5
Reply Quote
80 Human Priest
Ring of Peace needs to be completely reworked.

At first I thought making it ground based and unable to move would balance it. To a degree that would fix it.

The problem? RoP combined with Smokebomb even if it can not move is insanely overpowered.

The main part that is OP is the silence.

Probably the only way to leave it as it currently function would be to lower the duration down to 5secs and again make it ground centered so it can't move. Making it last the same duration as smoke bomb might get it closer to balance.

Personally i say scrap the entire talent idea for this ability. Add a AoE defensive peel for MW only..

Put in a Improved Paralysis talent that removes the positional requirement, and removes dots off the target. That would be more then good enough to compete with the other two options on that tier.
Edited by Primiez on 1/6/2013 6:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Ring of Peace. Should be like, Buddha-nature or something in a small radius, like a luminosity which prevents all violence so those bearing arrows may fall at your feet in peace, all hostility to cease.

Why not? It says ring of peace. May as well have an ability which isn't a glorified mobile solar beam. That's awesome flavour. Prevents silly bomb + ring of peace as well. The last thing this game needs is more "no drawback" mechanics like smoke bomb (WHY DOES IT GIVE INFRA-RED GOGGLES?!?!) and something which is actually a genuine choice on their behalf. Hell, even if it silenced everyone except the monk (so they can still heal?). I don't know, it's a stupid, cheesy ability and I'm going to !@#$% like hell about it on the PTR.

Down with cheese. Limburger stinks.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
DKs. They have the best survivability right now.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
Ring of Peace needs to be completely reworked.

At first I thought making it ground based and unable to move would balance it. To a degree that would fix it.

The problem? RoP combined with Smokebomb even if it can not move is insanely overpowered.

The main part that is OP is the silence.

Probably the only way to leave it as it currently function would be to lower the duration down to 5secs and again make it ground centered so it can't move. Making it last the same duration as smoke bomb might get it closer to balance.

Personally i say scrap the entire talent idea for this ability. Add a AoE defensive peel for MW only..

Put in a Improved Paralysis talent that removes the positional requirement, and removes dots off the target. That would be more then good enough to compete with the other two options on that tier.

If you have played a monk, RoP is what we needed to get somewhere in arena's/pvp. It's not gonna be that op when it goes live.
Reply Quote
80 Human Priest
01/06/2013 08:02 PMPosted by Havocz
If you have played a monk, RoP is what we needed to get somewhere in arena's/pvp. It's not gonna be that op when it goes live.

I have only played a monk this expansion other then leveling my lock to 90, and then deciding he wasn't worth the time investment.

I am actually on my second monk now which is level 66.

Yes Monks needed something big to get them into RBGs. WW especially needed it because MW AoE healing already helped them a ton.

The problem with Ring of Peace is the silence. Other then rogues and warriors every class in the game is major league impacted by silence. If you are a hybrid melee you are impacted by not only silence but disarm.

This ability combines both of them. On top of that it doesn't DR other silences and disarms which makes sense for the type of ability it's suppose to be.

This ability is so strong that every cleave is going to want a monk. Any cleave going up against a monk cleave will always be at a disadvantage. I don't know if you remember the TSG season 6 retardo zergfess where if you healer wasn't paired with a mage they died in the opening 30secs because of grip/strang/ghoul stun/bladestorm.

Well we are looking at the same senario only it's going to be dance/teb+xuen/bomb/ring.
Reply Quote
80 Human Priest
It seems like they wanted this ability to help WW in RBGs and MW in arena to prevent casters from just CCing them to death.

This isn't the best way of doing that. You are going to see people tossing their shaman/druid for a MW with RoP. If they don't toss their shaman/druid they are going to replace a DPS with a WW monk because this ability is that strong.

I don't think that is the right direction for the game, and I play the class.

But that is just my opinion. People are entitled to disagree.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]